Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

Lowering Kit that Fits Correctly installed

Old 03-28-14, 09:08 AM
tylerdh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering Kit that Fits Correctly installed

I have a 2013 Toyota Avalon. I believe it is the same suspension set-up as the ES350. so wanted to share the outcome with you guys.

I used H&R Sport Springs kit for a 2012 and newer Toyota Camry. I know Tien and Eibach also make springs for this application. With H&R, you can use the 4cyl kit or 6cyl kit. Part numbers are different but the springs are exactly the same.

The reason you need to use the '12 and Newer kits are becuase the front passenger side spring is "wound" in the opposite direction of all the other springs. To make sure everything "seats" correctly, this would be the kit to use.

I also installed Staggered Zenetti Torinos. 20x8.5 with 245/35/20 in front and 20x10 with 275/30/20 in back. And they were able to get the alignment back to factory specs.

I apologize if I am way off base and your suspension is different, but wanted to share in case it was.

first picture is of the passenger side front spring "wound" the right way.

Old 03-28-14, 09:13 AM
tylerdh
Driver School Candidate

sorry, the drop was around 1.75" all around
Old 03-28-14, 11:10 PM
RAMON702
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you post the pics plz...
Old 03-30-14, 05:41 PM
MrlexEd88
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

so i should probably canceled my order for the 07-11 Tein springs and order 12-13 Eibach springs instead? also how do you remove the back seat to get to the rear springs?
Old 03-31-14, 12:54 PM
tylerdh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MrlexEd88
so i should probably canceled my order for the 07-11 Tein springs and order 12-13 Eibach springs instead? also how do you remove the back seat to get to the rear springs?
on the newer kits, the front passenger spring is "wound" in the correct direction making for better install. i had a shop do the install for me, so I am unsure how the seat comes out. I know that they didn't completely remove the seats due to the airbags.
Old 03-31-14, 04:24 PM
jordanreic
Driver School Candidate

The back seat is fairly simple to remove. There are two parts
1. Lower portion-there are only two tabs that hold in the lower seat. Simply pull up from the front of the lower portion and it will pop out.
2. The back portion is a little more complex, but still easy. There are a number of bolts that hold in the upper portion that you will see when the lower portion is removed. Unscrew the bolts, and then push the seat area up, and it will unhinge and come out. From there, you will see the top of the strut and should be able to remove from there.

PM if you have any more questions
Old 03-31-14, 04:28 PM
jordanreic
Driver School Candidate

Ill be re-installing the 2012 camry kit on thursday and will post pics and a DIY. Ive already done it once so it should be a breeze this time!
Old 03-31-14, 06:03 PM
alpinefun
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jordanreic
Ill be re-installing the 2012 camry kit on thursday and will post pics and a DIY. Ive already done it once so it should be a breeze this time!
Please pay attention to details and take pics as much as possible. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-08-14, 01:39 PM
MrlexEd88
Driver

Originally Posted by jordanreic
The back seat is fairly simple to remove. There are two parts
1. Lower portion-there are only two tabs that hold in the lower seat. Simply pull up from the front of the lower portion and it will pop out.
2. The back portion is a little more complex, but still easy. There are a number of bolts that hold in the upper portion that you will see when the lower portion is removed. Unscrew the bolts, and then push the seat area up, and it will unhinge and come out. From there, you will see the top of the strut and should be able to remove from there.

PM if you have any more questions
How much force did you Applied to the lower seat? .... I gave it it nice upward movement but afraid something might break, is the top strut accessible from the trunk? I'm planning on installing at least the front springs tomorrow.
Old 04-09-14, 06:05 PM
jordanreic
Driver School Candidate

Pull harder than you think. There is nothing you can break. The lower portion is only attached by those two pins
Old 04-09-14, 09:19 PM
MrlexEd88
Driver

i installed the springs today. the back seats were pretty easy to remove, i was just to afraid to take a brand new car apart. i went with the 2012-13 eibach Pro-kit and they fit perfect. The ES is probably the easiest spring or suspension job I've done on a car yet. took me about 4.5 hrs total to install with the help of a Friend and of course a spring compressor. I'm kept stock 18s rims and the car looks much better than before. i haven't done an alignment yet but the camber and toe doesn't seem to be off by much so I'll probably go a week or even more before i get that done. No scraping trying to get in or out of my driveway so I'm extremely happy about that!
Old 04-16-14, 06:29 PM
mikeys350
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to see the pro kit springs work also. I'm going to run this by my wife and see if she wants me to lower her car. I know when we bought it she said she didnt want to lower it. I'll see if ger mind changed
Old 05-31-14, 06:18 AM
Chitownmc
Driver School Candidate

Anyone know if camber kit is available yet? Is there an arm we can buy, or is it just a bolt that adjusts the camber in rear?
Old 09-10-14, 10:20 AM
MrlexEd88
Driver

so i had my springs installed for about 6 monts or so and im now looking to go lower in the front and have a stiffer rear. are there any coil-overs that will fit our ES? The 2011-12 camry is my best guess but just wondering what you guys were using since i know some 13+ ES are on air suspension.
Old 09-14-14, 10:43 PM
Boomin
Racer

Received 396 Likes on 241 Posts

This is useless without pictures

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lowering Kit that Fits Correctly installed