ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Lexus Enform/Pandora keeps playing

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-14, 07:30 AM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Lexus Enform/Pandora keeps playing

I have had this happen at least three times. I've gotten out of my car after having had Pandora playing. After a few minutes or longer I note music playing in my phone and it was the Pandora app. of Lexus Enform. One time, the music didn't even stop when I signed off the app.; I needed to shut down the phone.

The question is, is this an app. problem, Lexus Enform problem or a smartphone (Android) problem?

Anyone have a similar problem!
Old 02-01-14, 11:02 AM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 252 Likes on 199 Posts

A Pandora task has sometimes remained active on my Samsung GS3 Android phone after using it with both Toyota Entune in our Prius and an aftermarket Kenwood car audio system in my LS400. (Entune is a pared down version of Lexus Enform.)

I used to look to see if a Pandora task was still running and then close it manually. Now I just reboot my phone each evening to make sure that Pandora and other tasks I'm not using get shut down. Otherwise my phone battery can run down quickly.
Old 02-01-14, 11:45 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by Canesguy
One time, the music didn't even stop when I signed off the app.; I needed to shut down the phone.
I can't tell you why it isn't shutting off, but as an alternative to shutting down the phone when it happens, you can go into the Applications Manager and force a shutdown of any application. Note that, on earlier Android versions, the Applications Manager was, I think, called the Task Manager.
Old 02-01-14, 06:32 PM
atoyota
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have had it happen at least twice - in my case the music begins playing on my phone after turning off the car. The enform app symbol is still on the task bar on my phone (HTC One Android 4.3) so I just close the app and it stops. I didn't have to reboot the phone. I think it must be something with BT or Android, not the car.
Old 07-01-18, 11:02 AM
AllyR
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same problem...

I have found for me the most convenient thing is to pause Pandora before I shut off the car. I usually have Pandora and another music app running in the background anyway so the background task is not a big deal to me and I usually don't bother forcing stop.
Old 07-01-18, 08:44 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

I have not had this problem with an Apple iPhone, but we mostly use Pandora on road trips and I am just now on my second road trip with the car. We have a local FM station we enjoy so we typically listen to that.

As an aside, I was surprised to learn just how much better the audio quality was using Pandora in the Enform app versus Pandora on the iPhone and using the Bluetooth connectivity. I expected the sound quality to be virtually identical, but it was clearly better - with deeper/richer bass and crisper highs using the Enform Pandora app.