ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

2014 lexus es350 "my opinion"

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-13, 01:09 PM
txes
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own a 2013 ES350 and a 2011 Buick Lacrosse CXS.

Both are $40K+ cars.

Both are similar yet different.

The Lexus is a bit smoother and just a tad quieter. The Buick handles better.

The Buick has some nicer appointments than the Lexus but looks older doing it.

My wife is the daily driver of the Buick and absolutely loves it. Not a penny paid for any repairs
With 42K on the odometer.

Her lease is up in February and will be moving to an RX350.

Both quality cars but I prefer the ES350 for numerous reasons.

John
Old 12-18-13, 01:09 PM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
Someone who does not own an ES and who goes on a Lexus owners forum and shares quite negative feelings about the vehicle with those who own it comes across as little more than trolling.

I have quite a few negative feelings about vehicles made by BMW, Mercedes, Acura, Infiniti, etc., but I would never come to the conclusion that it would be appropriate in any way for me, as someone who doesn't own any of those vehicles, to go onto an internet board populated by those who do own the vehicles and bash them. Further, the credibility and judgment of the OP comes into serious question when he compares the ES to a Buick. In terms of quality of workmanship, reliability, etc., any such comparisons would seem to have had to come from someone who has had little or no experience with the actual vehicles.

While I would not think to compare the level of luxury of my ES with that of an LS, the ES does, for me, a more than satisfactory job of making me feel like I'm being pampered with a sufficient amount of luxury, and that is why I own one. If I had felt differently, I would have bought a different car, and I would not be wasting my time posting on a Lexus owners' board in a shallowly disguised attempt to provoke those who have bought an ES.
Please take your emotions out of it. It's a vehicle. How am I trolling when I have 800 more posts than you. I gave my opinion and that's it. Your offend b/c I compare your car to a Buick. Sorry
I'm happy your satisfy with the ES level of luxury. Neither of my cars are perfect. I surely wouldn't call my IS250 super luxury. Reliable but not luxury.
Old 12-18-13, 02:15 PM
amphipri0n
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone who does not own an ES and who goes on a Lexus owners forum and shares quite negative feelings about the vehicle with those who own it comes across as little more than trolling....

...If I had felt differently, I would have bought a different car, and I would not be wasting my time posting on a Lexus owners' board in a shallowly disguised attempt to provoke those who have bought an ES.
Perfectly put and well-written (which is apparently tough for some people).

Originally Posted by rogers2
Please take your emotions out of it. It's a vehicle. How am I trolling when I have 800 more posts than you. I gave my opinion and that's it. Your offend b/c I compare your car to a Buick. Sorry I'm happy your satisfy with the ES level of luxury. Neither of my cars are perfect. I surely wouldn't call my IS250 super luxury. Reliable but not luxury.
It really doesn't make sense for you to ask someone to take emotions out of it. When 1) You're on an ES 350 forum for enthusiasts (See someone who is passionate about something). and 2) You lay out flamebait like "This car simply sells b/c it’s cheap and a Lexus."

To say there's only two reasons as to why the car sells is like saying the only reason people would buy a used Merc CL is because they are cheap (horrible depreciation is well documented) and has the three pointed star. (Oh I see you have one, "I'm happy your satisfy")

Unless English isn't your first language and you are struggling to properly express yourself, that is clearly troll material. Welcome to the ignore list!

Last edited by amphipri0n; 12-18-13 at 02:58 PM.
Old 12-18-13, 02:37 PM
Lexusxoxo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ElliotB
Compared to other similar vehicles (not GM), it is for everything you get.

An frankly, in the long run based on my experience, the total cost of ownership of this type of vehicle has always been less than lesser cars costing significantly less (IMHO). And if you paid $51k, you overpaid!!!
Nope! I didn't pay sticker for my full loaded 300h..
Old 12-18-13, 03:37 PM
jbm79
Driver

I've been pondering this question for a long time, so here it goes:

Why is it that the ES is considered the "entry-level" car? "Entry-level" sounds like it is the least expensive Lexus, and it feels so degrading. Shouldn't the "entry-level" designation go to the CT? ES is not cheap, either in quality or in price.

Also, ES is more commonly touted as an "old-person" car. I'm in my early 30s and the ES is what caught my eyes when I went to the Lexus showroom, among IS FSport, CT, and RX (RX being the only more expensive model by $2K). So Lexus definitely did something right when they redesigned the ES to attract "younger" buyers.

And as someone had mentioned, I hope to move up to the GS, and maybe eventually to the LS, when I get a bit older (and richer).
Old 12-18-13, 05:50 PM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Someone who does not own an ES and who goes on a Lexus owners forum and shares quite negative feelings about the vehicle with those who own it comes across as little more than trolling.

I have quite a few negative feelings about vehicles made by BMW, Mercedes, Acura, Infiniti, etc., but I would never come to the conclusion that it would be appropriate in any way for me, as someone who doesn't own any of those vehicles, to go onto an internet board populated by those who do own the vehicles and bash them. Further, the credibility and judgment of the OP comes into serious question when he compares the ES to a Buick. In terms of quality of workmanship, reliability, etc., any such comparisons would seem to have had to come from someone who has had little or no experience with the actual vehicles.

While I would not think to compare the level of luxury of my ES with that of an LS, the ES does, for me, a more than satisfactory job of making me feel like I'm being pampered with a sufficient amount of luxury, and that is why I own one. If I had felt differently, I would have bought a different car, and I would not be wasting my time posting on a Lexus owners' board in a shallowly disguised attempt to provoke those who have bought an ES.

Agreed

(Sniff, sniff).....I do smell a troll.
Old 12-19-13, 04:49 AM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by amphipri0n
Perfectly put and well-written (which is apparently tough for some people).

It really doesn't make sense for you to ask someone to take emotions out of it. When 1) You're on an ES 350 forum for enthusiasts (See someone who is passionate about something). and 2) You lay out flamebait like "This car simply sells b/c it’s cheap and a Lexus."

To say there's only two reasons as to why the car sells is like saying the only reason people would buy a used Merc CL is because they are cheap (horrible depreciation is well documented) and has the three pointed star. (Oh I see you have one, "I'm happy your satisfy")

Unless English isn't your first language and you are struggling to properly express yourself, that is clearly troll material. Welcome to the ignore list!
The reason I made the statement it sells b/c it's cheap and a Lexus. B/c if you slap a Hyundai logo on the hood it probably wouldn't sell as much. People wouldn't know the difference. The truth is a hard pill to swallow for some people. I notice no one really disagree with my cons. The interior does have some cheap plastic parts. Fact

As far as the CL550 comment that doesn't offend me. Congrats to those people who purchase 5 year old 100k cars! Fortunately I’m not one.

Last edited by rogers2; 12-19-13 at 04:59 AM.
Old 12-19-13, 06:24 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 173 Likes on 151 Posts

For those that are complaining (not me) about cheap materials, I present the following from the new Lexus book The Line.

Click this link to download Lexus: The Line book (PDF download) http://lexusenthusiast.com/downloads...-line-book.pdf

While the spindle grille and sculpted lines of a Lexus may turn heads, we believe that the most important impression is the one not left. Which is why many of the materials you'll find in a Lexus are as groundbreaking as they are unconventional. Like seat foam derived from soybeans, carpeting in cargo areas made from sugarcane, and interior plastics sourced from sweet potatoes and corn. You'll also find door trims made with kenaf—a grass plant that grows faster and absorbs up to five times more carbon than timber. And the world’s first bamboo-trimmed steering wheel isn't the only place you'll find this stunning, sustainable wood. It’s also a key ingredient in the speakers found in the CT, a vehicle that’s 90% recyclable in its own right. The use of plant-based materials is just one of the ways we've been at the forefront of sustainable design. Most Lexus vehicles also feature seating trimmed in supple Lexus NuLuxe, an innovative material that is lighter than genuine leather and whose manufacturing process generates no VOCs and 65% fewer CO2 emissions. Every Lexus manufacturing site has Zero Landfill status, meaning that any waste resulting from manufacture is repurposed or used to generate additional energy. And to ensure Lexus vehicles aren't the only ones on the road with a reduced carbon footprint, we developed an infinitely recyclable plastic more than two decades ago and shared the proprietary formula with all auto manufacturers.

WHEN CREATING A MORE SUSTAINABLE VEHICLE, THE RIGHT INGREDIENTS MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE.

Last edited by jollick; 12-19-13 at 07:01 AM.
Old 12-19-13, 07:19 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 173 Likes on 151 Posts

Lexus ES 300h Named Best Luxury Value by Consumer Reports

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2013/12/1...sumer-reports/
Old 12-19-13, 11:03 AM
amphipri0n
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jollick
Lexus ES 300h Named Best Luxury Value by Consumer Reports

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2013/12/1...sumer-reports/
Thanks for the link. This ES will likely hold it's value as well as its predecessors after five years... On the opposite end of the spectrum:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=7&Log=0

Sorry, had to sneak that in.
Old 12-19-13, 11:22 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by amphipri0n
Thanks for the link. This ES will likely hold it's value as well as its predecessors after five years... On the opposite end of the spectrum:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=7&Log=0

Sorry, had to sneak that in.
100k+ to 37k in 5 years
Probably could get it for 35k. A Honda Accord is worth more than that.
Old 12-22-13, 07:35 AM
powderbrak
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife likes her new ES350, so if she is happy I am happy.

I do not understand the purpose of bashing the ES350 on the ES350 forum section. It would appear that a Buick forum would be more appropriate for the OP.
Old 12-22-13, 08:04 AM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by powderbrak
I do not understand the purpose of bashing the ES350 on the ES350 forum section.

That is the definition of trolling.
Old 12-22-13, 08:49 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by Canesguy
That is the definition of trolling.
Before I made my earlier post in this thread, I scanned through some of the 900+ posts that the OP has made. Within the group of those posts, there are a good number of posts in which he is talking about vehicles that he doesn't own and is, in essence, telling people who have bought those vehicles that they were fools for having done so. Thus, as I look at this thread, I am inclined to put it into the context that it was started by someone who seems to enjoy pushing other people's buttons.

Over years of participating in and reading on various internet forums, I have come to the conclusion that there is little upside to trying to directly engage with someone who is trolling. While it would be possible to present logical and factual counterpoints to most of what the OP has said, doing so results only in encouraging someone who is trolling. At the same time, I do feel that it is appropriate to identify, without engaging directly with them, those who seem to be inclined to troll.
Old 12-22-13, 09:06 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,233 Likes on 866 Posts

Before I made my earlier post in this thread, I scanned through some of the 900+ posts that the OP has made. Within the group of those posts, there are a good number of posts in which he is talking about vehicles that he doesn't own and is, in essence, telling people who have bought those vehicles that they were fools for having done so. Thus, as I look at this thread, I am inclined to put it into the context that it was started by someone who seems to enjoy pushing other people's buttons.

Over years of participating in and reading on various internet forums, I have come to the conclusion that there is little upside to trying to directly engage with someone who is trolling. While it would be possible to present logical and factual counterpoints to most of what the OP has said, doing so results only in encouraging someone who is trolling. At the same time, I do feel that it is appropriate to identify, without engaging directly with them, those who seem to be inclined to troll.
Whew! I couldn't have stated it any better than this...Nice, very nice Lesz.

Quick Reply: 2014 lexus es350 "my opinion"