First Time Lexus Owner/ Car Massager, Seat Covers & Floor Mat

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-13, 01:34 PM
SJSass
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile First Time Lexus Owner/ Car Massager, Seat Covers & Floor Mat

Hello Everyone -

I am thoroughly enjoying my new Lexus for the last 1 week. The choice was between BMW and Lexus and it was clearly a Lexus after my first test drive.

I need some help here -

I regret not getting the car seat massager option and so badly want one now. Do you know how much it would cost for the dealer to install one?

Next, I need reccomendation for good floor mats and car seat covers? I like to protect my investment especially since my interiors are very light colored.

Thanks for you help!
Maya
Old 11-20-13, 02:10 PM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SJSass
Hello Everyone -

I am thoroughly enjoying my new Lexus for the last 1 week. The choice was between BMW and Lexus and it was clearly a Lexus after my first test drive.

I need some help here -

I regret not getting the car seat massager option and so badly want one now. Do you know how much it would cost for the dealer to install one?

Next, I need reccomendation for good floor mats and car seat covers? I like to protect my investment especially since my interiors are very light colored.

Thanks for you help!
Maya

Maya, first of all, congrats on your new Lexus. You'll love it. I do not know anything about a massager option but have a suggestion on the floor mats. As with my Lexus, the light beige interior carpets are very prone to becoming dirty and are thus hard to keep clean. Because most Lexus interior dash boards and trim are black, I solved the problem by buying black OEM carpeted Lexus mats. They are available from the parts dept, at your Lexus dealer or can also be bought through such sites as eBay. They are model specific, look great, and fit perfectly. I would not recommend seat covers. They hide the softness and beauty of your interior, defeating the purpose, at least partially, of buying a premium car. Just use a good quality vinyl or leather cleaner/conditioner at least once a month to keep them looking like new and smelling great.

Last edited by Canesguy; 11-20-13 at 02:17 PM.
Old 11-20-13, 03:12 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,238 Likes on 870 Posts

Hello Everyone -

I need some help here -

Thanks for you help!
Maya
I, on the other hand, enjoy the look of the parchment colored Lexus carpet floor mats. They do, however, get soiled very easily and are difficult to maintain as new. I found clear vinyl mats that were custom fit to the Lexus ES350. They fit perfectly and the mats underneath are visible.
I found them at www.carid.com I know nothing about a seat massager being available. As far as seat covers go, the suggestion to just maintain them with vinyl or leather shampoo is a good one. The Lexus seats are designed beautifully and to cover them would detract from the overall beauty of your new car.
Old 11-20-13, 05:58 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Adding seat covers would make the heated and ventilated seats ineffective. Plus look not so good, IMO, in a premium car.

As mentioned, with just routine care the leather seats will hold up very well.
Old 11-20-13, 06:05 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

I can't imagine wanting to cover the factory seats, whether they be leather or the standard fake leather.

With regard to the mats, I'm a big fan of the Weathertech products. They sell both an all-weather mat and a floor liner. Fit is excellent. I also have the parchment color interior in my ES, and the tan Weathertech all-weather mats that I have complement the color of the vehicle's interior quite well.

If the ES has a massage seat option, I'm not aware of it.
Old 11-20-13, 06:32 PM
SJSass
Driver School Candidate

Thanks All
Old 11-21-13, 06:21 AM
wasjr
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

We also have Parchment interior. We went with black Weathertech Floor Liners. With so much light color in the interior we believe they complement the black dash and trim, and provide a nice contrast to the Parchment.
Old 11-21-13, 11:07 AM
Fly4u
Banned

I just installed blue with tan dotted Cocomats to replace the stock mats. Goes well with my Deep Sea Mica with parchment interior.
Old 11-21-13, 12:11 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by wasjr
We also have Parchment interior. We went with black Weathertech Floor Liners. With so much light color in the interior we believe they complement the black dash and trim, and provide a nice contrast to the Parchment.
hey thats what i did too!
Old 11-21-13, 06:23 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Canesguy
Maya, first of all, congrats on your new Lexus. You'll love it. I do not know anything about a massager option but have a suggestion on the floor mats. As with my Lexus, the light beige interior carpets are very prone to becoming dirty and are thus hard to keep clean. Because most Lexus interior dash boards and trim are black, I solved the problem by buying black OEM carpeted Lexus mats. They are available from the parts dept, at your Lexus dealer or can also be bought through such sites as eBay. They are model specific, look great, and fit perfectly. I would not recommend seat covers. They hide the softness and beauty of your interior, defeating the purpose, at least partially, of buying a premium car. Just use a good quality vinyl or leather cleaner/conditioner at least once a month to keep them looking like new and smelling great.
Congrats on your new ES. We know you'll enjoy it like most of us on this board. I also have the Lexus all season mats that is great for rains and light snow. It also blends in well with the black accents on the center console and dash. You can get it from the dealer for around $100 for front and rear mats. Although they may not hold as much water as the Weathertech, they look nice and have the Lexus ES on them.
Old 11-21-13, 06:29 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hello Everyone -

I need some help here -

Thanks for you help!
Maya

Maya, I don't recall the ES having a seat massager option. I think it's available on the LS. So no worries about not getting this. Like others here, i suggest not covering the leather seats if they're ventilated. You'll lose that function, albeit a bit weak, and the heated function if you have them.

Enjoy
Old 11-21-13, 07:10 PM
SJSass
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Arty101!! I feel better now that ES does not come with the massager!! I miss having a massager!! After all deadlifting and heavy squats, I look forward to a massage - looks like I will have to forego that.
Old 11-23-13, 01:24 PM
LisaES350
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on your new ES! I have had mine for almost a year now and I really do love it although I wish it was a stingray corvette. That will be the next one. I also recommend the all weather mats. I went with Lexus OEM and they look nice. Don't know about car seat covers. I don't have them with the ventilated and heated seats. This is a great forum and you will always have lots of info.

Last edited by LisaES350; 11-24-13 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 11-24-13, 05:00 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,522 Likes on 1,820 Posts

Originally Posted by Arty101
Maya, I don't recall the ES having a seat massager option. I think it's available on the LS. So no worries about not getting this. Like others here, i suggest not covering the leather seats if they're ventilated. You'll lose that function, albeit a bit weak, and the heated function if you have them.
The LS doesn't even have a massager. Very few vehicles have massaging seats.

I had the Parchment in my 2010. While its certainly difficult to keep clean, its not impossible. Get some good leather cleaner (I recommend Sonax Leather Foam: http://www.autogeek.net/sonax-leathe...FYQ7OgodqmoA6Q ) for regular cleaning.

As for the mats, my 2010 had darker tan mats that matched the upper dash. They'd stay a lot cleaner than parchment mats.

I wouldn't do a seat cover. The interior should be enjoyed as others have said. Why just cover it all up and protect it for the next owner?
Old 11-24-13, 09:23 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
The LS doesn't even have a massager. Very few vehicles have massaging seats.
lumbar massage is listed as an option when building an LS460L on the lexus website.

Quick Reply: First Time Lexus Owner/ Car Massager, Seat Covers & Floor Mat