ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

What do you really dislike about your 2013 (or 2014) ES

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-13, 11:19 AM
jagiovana
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's pretty funny, Steve... My Maui Jim's do not fit in the 2007 sunglass stowage.
Old 11-16-13, 11:51 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by jagiovana
That's pretty funny, Steve... My Maui Jim's do not fit in the 2007 sunglass stowage.
You should have seen my trying to find a case for those glasses LOL
Old 11-16-13, 12:55 PM
bhammill49
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by imz14u2nv
I have the 2013 ES350 Ultra Luxury and it has the Memory System for the passenger seat. I actually thought all of the ES’s had the Memory on both sides as my 2007 (Also a Ultra Luxury) also had it.

One thing that would have been nice is a toggle where you could switch to either the driver or passenger seat memory from the driver’s side similar to the way that the mirror toggle works.
As I mentioned, what was once standard on all ES models is now only available as an option; often as part of a package that includes many things that not everyone might seek. I just think there are some things that should be inherent in the Lexus brand - like leather seats.
Old 11-16-13, 01:35 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bhammill49
I just think there are some things that should be inherent in the Lexus brand - like leather seats.
To be fair, for much of Lexus' history leather seats were not standard. Originally they were even optional on the LS. Cloth seats were standard on the ES all the way until 2010. Leather became standard from 2010-2012, now NuLuxe is standard.
Old 11-20-13, 01:39 PM
SJSass
Driver School Candidate

I definitely miss the sun glass holder and wish they had designed the dashboard better.
Old 11-20-13, 02:39 PM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Not to make excuses but,

...whenever there are changes, it seems like some things get better and other things that we liked having before get sacrificed. Wish there was a way for this to consistently not happen.
Old 02-14-14, 05:53 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

Good approach, addressing the areas that would improve our wonderful cars with out bashing anyone or thing.

1) Totally agree that the seat (and wheel) heaters can be too damn hot. OK with long coat but brutal with a short jacket. Find my self cycling them on and off.

2) The Nav Traffic is Comp for 12 month (Radio for 3 months, 12 during Dec to Remember) and is available
Ala-Carte. Couple tips, review the XM packages online but call to place the order as the live operator has a bit of flexibility in pricing . With any continuation of service you want to contact them before the trial ends so you don't have to screw around the the refresh signal proceedure.

3) Check out the transmission shift characteristics in Sport Mode. Quicker down shifts and stays down longer.

4) Have your dealer adjust the Luggage Door Hinge Torsion Bar to mitigate the fly open. Or have the Spoiler Accessory installed, or pretend you have the Power Trunk Opener...
Old 02-17-14, 04:44 AM
scutmud
Driver School Candidate

Things I dislike:
The cruise control resumleration is too slow. speeds up slower then my grandmother driving
The media alerts when put in reverse obscure too much of the iamage and take way too long to finish. Not that I am impacient, but too long. make the text overlay on the image instead of the black background.
Using the phone navigation prompts can be heard in the phone conversation.
can't tune to particular radio station using voice prompts
Navigation automatically goes to split screen for next manuvuer and prevents you from zooming in and out
If yoiu turn of map map screen controls the console button wont let you zoon in and out. Why would the on screen buttons have to be on to use the mechanical button on the center console?

I still like to car, but Lexus can lack untuitiveness when designing ease of functionality.
Old 02-17-14, 06:19 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by scutmud
Things I dislike:
The cruise control resumleration is too slow. speeds up slower then my grandmother driving
This came from criticism of older Lexus models accelerating too quickly to get to the set speed. I recall more than a few threads about that from years past.
Old 02-17-14, 10:14 PM
mrBillFL
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

my biggest complaint is the window down alarm, but only when the car is off, and requires me to restart the car to close them.

if you're going to tell me my windows are down, let me raise them... at least until I open the door. -like my ford.

that and the many menu steps to just turn off the ac, (leave fan on, ac off, or on) -there should be an AC button.
Old 02-18-14, 04:08 AM
Halfmoon
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I would like to be able to turn the passenger airbag on/off light on the dash off . It looks like a warning light has come on to me.
Old 02-18-14, 12:02 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by scutmud
Things I dislike:
The cruise control resumleration is too slow.
This is my major complaint as well. Adaptive cruise control takes WAY too long to recover, and makes for frustrating driving when trying to maintain speed in a busy freeway fast lane. If anything, cruise control recovery time should be able to be changed to match personal driving preferences/styles.

Thats the only thing I really dislike tho, overall very happy with my purchase!
Old 02-18-14, 12:09 PM
jonmanch
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

You can always accelerate using your foot and then letting up on the pedal.
Old 02-18-14, 01:56 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts

you're right, i could, but i paid too much extra for the option to have to make those kinds of concessions. it definitely needs some improvement.
Old 02-18-14, 03:10 PM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Side mirrors should have the capability to retract electrically (as standard equipment).

Quick Reply: What do you really dislike about your 2013 (or 2014) ES