Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 6ES forum for discussion about shared components with other sixth generation ES models.

Automatic sound leveliser on es300h

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-13, 08:16 PM
GES
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Automatic sound leveliser on es300h

I don't think the automatic sound leveliser works. Whether it is on or off no change in sound volume or quality no matter what the car speed is. Any body has automatic sound leveliser that works.
Old 06-02-13, 08:53 PM
Fly4u
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure. I've experimented with and haven't noticed a significant difference. It's not something particularly valuable to me, but I will inquire during my first service check.
Old 06-03-13, 03:17 AM
ElliotB
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, it works with my vehicle. The change is subtle. Not sure what you are expecting to hear. There is slight increase in volume to compensate for road noise, I believe it kicks in first at around 30mph.

Last edited by ElliotB; 06-03-13 at 04:09 AM.
Old 06-03-13, 10:18 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

I don't notice the difference either so I keep it off.
Old 06-03-13, 10:47 AM
GES
Pole Position

You don't need to turn it off, because, there is no difference between on or off anyway
Old 06-03-13, 02:07 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 614 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by GES
You don't need to turn it off, because, there is no difference between on or off anyway
^^ That's funny.

I've noticed mine kick in, but it is very subtle. Not like my wife's in her Honda, that is very noticeable. I would turn it off if it were that obvious.
Old 06-03-13, 02:11 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I notice it too. Very subtle, and only when you're going fast, such as on the freeway you'll hear the higher volume of your media.
Old 09-29-13, 09:32 AM
Wallaced
Driver School Candidate

I just asked the dealer yesterday about this as well because I can't tell the difference at all. Their response was that there is no sound leveliser for this car (which of course is inaccurate) because Lexus doesn't need one, presumably because the cars are so inherently quiet. News Flash: this car is much noisier on the road than its predecessors. This is something that really needs to be fixed by Lexus because 1) the car has that function, althought it doesn't work; and 2) the cars need this function because they are NOT as whisper quiet on the road as they used to be.
Old 09-29-13, 05:34 PM
GES
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Wallaced
I just asked the dealer yesterday about this as well because I can't tell the difference at all. Their response was that there is no sound leveliser for this car (which of course is inaccurate) because Lexus doesn't need one, presumably because the cars are so inherently quiet. News Flash: this car is much noisier on the road than its predecessors. This is something that really needs to be fixed by Lexus because 1) the car has that function, althought it doesn't work; and 2) the cars need this function because they are NOT as whisper quiet on the road as they used to be.
I have the same problem with my car. But you know what.......May be there is no sound levelizer in the car. That would explain it. But then why give you the option to turn it on or off. And why is it included with the standard equipment of the car( as mentioned on the car sticker).
I did mention it to my dealer. Their answer was that they were going to report it to Lexus. I never heard anything after that and I didn't ask again.
Old 10-01-13, 12:00 AM
Wallaced
Driver School Candidate

Update: I got a response from Lexus today. They confirmed that my car IS equipped with the ASL and that the dealer could possibly adjust it with the computer. The dealer also called me, but unfortunately he said that there is no adjustment for this. He said he thought the ASL didn't change the VOLUME of the radio but rather changed the SOUND of it in some way to compensate for the additional noise in the car. All in all, he said that it doesn't work very well and there is nothing that can be done about it. Oh well. Looks like Lexus needs to go back to the drawing board on this one.
Old 10-01-13, 02:16 PM
GES
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Wallaced
Update: I got a response from Lexus today. They confirmed that my car IS equipped with the ASL and that the dealer could possibly adjust it with the computer. The dealer also called me, but unfortunately he said that there is no adjustment for this. He said he thought the ASL didn't change the VOLUME of the radio but rather changed the SOUND of it in some way to compensate for the additional noise in the car. All in all, he said that it doesn't work very well and there is nothing that can be done about it. Oh well. Looks like Lexus needs to go back to the drawing board on this one.
Too bad. I wish this was something that can be adjusted by simple computer reprogramming by the dealer, like several other functions in the car. That would have been an easy fix.
Old 10-01-13, 03:53 PM
txes
Lead Lap

Wait... Wait... Lemon Law suit???

John
Old 10-01-13, 04:46 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 614 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by txes
Wait... Wait... Lemon Law suit???

John
Easy, John! LOL
Old 10-01-13, 04:55 PM
GES
Pole Position

I don't know about lemon law suit. I am not a litigious kind of person. I don't think having or not having ASL is a big deal. It is just a nice little feature to have. And I am sure there are people who don't care about it and would rather keep it off. I like my car, everything else works well. I was hoping there is a simple solution to this.
Old 10-01-13, 09:51 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

John's on a roll.

Quick Reply: Automatic sound leveliser on es300h