ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Air ventilated Seats

Old 09-27-13, 05:37 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 608 Likes on 458 Posts

Originally Posted by Idlefree
I am good with the steering wheel Mike728 it fuctions as designed, if you have an issue with the steering wheel you have to make your own claim. For me when I turn it to the right it works, and when I turn it to the left it works and when I go straight it works so no concerns. Don't care about a heated steering wheel, it's there but probably will never use it.
Just like the seat functions as designed.
Old 09-27-13, 06:33 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Funny, I was told the same thing about the ML system at the lexus dealership, that I would have no case in lemon law and Lexus informed me before I put in the claim this is how the ML system was designed. So if I listened to lexus and did not take the chance at the lemon law claim I would not of know. So taking a chance is not a bad thing, like I said before if anything comes out of this we all benefit, if not We know what I have.
No disrespect intended, but so far it seems that in a brief period you've had two major disappointments with the car that have caused a lot of grief. Perhaps it's time to move on to something else. The ES still has good trade in value, although you'd take somewhat of a financial hit, you might get more peace of mind.
Old 09-27-13, 07:48 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,498 Likes on 1,801 Posts

This is your opion not mine, you belief it is a waste of time I do not. If by any chance I do win and it gets improved would you not like your changed. It is extremely hilarious how you get no support from individuals complaining about a product and taking a chance to improve it, but if the product improves everyone jumps on the band wagon.
I understand that you don't think its a waste of time...obviously...but that doesn't change the fact that seeing your request doesn't qualify for the lemon law its just going to get thrown out. There are very specific criteria that constitute a vehicle that qualifies for the lemon law...and your situation satisfies none of those criteria. The lemon law doesn't address features you believe were misrepresented or functions you "don't like".

What you are trying to do is akin to saying someone stole your wallet so you are going to try them for manslaughter. It makes no sense.

Would I like mine changed if you win? No...my seats are fine.
Old 09-27-13, 04:01 PM
Idlefree
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am glad when i was in the military my Fellow soldiers had my back, I complain about an issue on a vehicle and everyone want to shoot me. This is outstanding....
Old 09-27-13, 04:11 PM
Idlefree
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by LexBob2
No disrespect intended, but so far it seems that in a brief period you've had two major disappointments with the car that have caused a lot of grief. Perhaps it's time to move on to something else. The ES still has good trade in value, although you'd take somewhat of a financial hit, you might get more peace of mind.
I had two very small issues, one has been taken care off that was the main one. I think this is a great car, I would not give the vehicle up because of the ventilated seat issue, that would be dumb. I promote the vehicle to everyone I know, my own brother is going to purchase one because of me. Like I said before, I am trying to see if Lexus will improve the ventilated seat, if nothing happens o'well poop happens. Even if this helps to improve 2015 es that is great, and something was accomplished. Some times for thing to be done people need to speak up, and that is what I am doing.. I respect all your oppinions as wel as I have mine.
Peace to all
Old 09-27-13, 04:47 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I am glad when i was in the military my Fellow soldiers had my back, I complain about an issue on a vehicle and everyone want to shoot me. This is outstanding....
Its all about being reasonable. You're not satisfied with the way the ventilated seats function...thats legitimate, but that doesn't mean they aren't functioning as designed.

Trying to get a lemon law claim because you don't like the way the ventilated seats function is not reasonable IMHO.
Old 09-27-13, 06:58 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

I don't believe that anyone is suggesting that you don't have the right to express your opinion about the design of the ventilated seats in the ES. Nor is anyone suggesting that you don't have the right to tell Lexus what you think and make suggestions for improving their vehicles. In fact, when people take the time and put forth the effort to give a manufacturer input regarding its products, that is commendable. On the other hand, what leaves people shaking their heads is filing a frivolous lemon law complaint, which only serves to trivialize a legal remedy available to consumers and which forces those responsible for processing lemon law complaints to waste time that they otherwise could be spending dealing with issues that truly do meet the criteria for filing a lemon law complaint.

While I don't expect that there is anything that anyone can say that will convince you that what you are doing is not appropriate, I'm confident that those who read this thread, like most who have posted in it, will conclude that, even if the design of ventilated seats gives legitimate cause for dissatisfaction, dealing with that dissatisfaction via the route of filing a lemon law complaint is not appropriate.
Old 09-28-13, 03:49 AM
Idlefree
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by lesz
I don't believe that anyone is suggesting that you don't have the right to express your opinion about the design of the ventilated seats in the ES. Nor is anyone suggesting that you don't have the right to tell Lexus what you think and make suggestions for improving their vehicles. In fact, when people take the time and put forth the effort to give a manufacturer input regarding its products, that is commendable. On the other hand, what leaves people shaking their heads is filing a frivolous lemon law complaint, which only serves to trivialize a legal remedy available to consumers and which forces those responsible for processing lemon law complaints to waste time that they otherwise could be spending dealing with issues that truly do meet the criteria for filing a lemon law complaint.

While I don't expect that there is anything that anyone can say that will convince you that what you are doing is not appropriate, I'm confident that those who read this thread, like most who have posted in it, will conclude that, even if the design of ventilated seats gives legitimate cause for dissatisfaction, dealing with that dissatisfaction via the route of filing a lemon law complaint is not appropriate.
I fully understand what your saying, but Lexus has been extremely rude to me from the first time I called them on the ML system, and they only listened to me while I was going through the lemon law case. Lexus had indicated nothing was wrong with the ML system, but at the end they admitted thier was. A lot of people thought I was wasting the time of the lemon law office for something stupid as a stereo, now people are glad something was done, perfect example is a co-worker said it would never fly, as he had the same car. When I told him I won and was getting a new amp to fix the issue, He asked for the information so he could change his. Since then I have had a few other co- worker get the amp changed.
Unfortunately sometimes you have to take thing to higher levels for things to change, and sometimes you don't. What maybe demed as a waste a time for one person, may not be for another.like I said before if going through this process and it improves things for future Lexus vehicles then it was not a waste of time.
Old 09-28-13, 12:41 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I fully understand what your saying, but Lexus has been extremely rude to me.
I'm sure you've been nothing but kind and respectful to them too

No self importance going on here at all.
Old 09-28-13, 02:38 PM
Idlefree
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by SW13GS
I'm sure you've been nothing but kind and respectful to them too

No self importance going on here at all.
Actual, yes I have been extremely professional to Lexus. At the end of the day if you want to proceed with something you should be professional.
Old 09-28-13, 03:18 PM
ElliotB
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"Lexus has been extremely rude to me"

Just out of curiosity, how exactly were they rude to you? And are you referring to your local dealer or Lexus Corporate?
Old 09-29-13, 04:58 AM
Idlefree
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ElliotB
"Lexus has been extremely rude to me"

Just out of curiosity, how exactly were they rude to you? And are you referring to your local dealer or Lexus Corporate?
The dealership is amazing,
Lexus Head office is a whole different ball game.
When I had the concern with the ML system, they actually hung up the phone on me, after they made it clear that the system was designed correctly and if I wanted to use the Lemon Law go ahead you have no case.
When I was dealing with Lexus head office about the ventilated seats and explain my concern, the first time they were very straight forward asked if it has been at a dealership to get checked I said yes. Lexus informed me to take the vehicle back to check again and Lexus will communicate with the dealership. I made an appointment and got the vehicle check and the dealership informed me they would communicate to Lexus the result, the dealership did agree the Kleenex did not move. Two weeks later I called Lexus head office to find out the result, they asked for my information to pull my file, right away they said the seat is functioning the way it was designed, when I asked why they did not call me to let me know. His exact words I'm the one with the issue that does not exist, so I should of followed up. I explain the Last person I spoke to informed me Lexus would call me, he said the other person should of not said that. I tried to ask a few more question, I was cut off and was told this issue is resolved, he said bye and hung up.
This is my 5th Lexus vehicle and I never once had an issue, the only thing I ever did on the vehicles was normal maintence. I am extremely surprised the way the head office conducts themselves.
Old 10-04-13, 12:02 PM
Idlefree
Pit Crew

Looks like my vehicle is going into the shop on Monday, to resolve the ventilated seat issue.
Old 10-04-13, 12:34 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,230 Likes on 863 Posts

Looks like my vehicle is going into the shop on Monday, to resolve the ventilated seat issue.
We'll be waiting on pins and needles for the outcome. Please let us know as soon as you get the vehicle back!
Old 10-04-13, 03:19 PM
wasjr
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Just a little update. My wife took her 300h by the dealer for a car wash today and had a couple of questions for the technology CSR about the vehicle. While speaking to the CSR she mentioned that I thought the ventilated seats are worthless. This is the first time my wife had met this woman, but the first thing out of her mouth was "I bet he drives an MDX." She said that everyone who also owns an Acura complains about the seats. She went on to explain that the design of the 300h is to have the back of the seat ventilated and not the bottom as with the Acura design. While I understand the differences in design, I still believe the Acura design to be much better, with more ventilation. Also, they still can't explain why I could feel the ventilation in the GS from the bottom of the seat.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Air ventilated Seats