Anyone installed Prestigious Soc. DVD bypass

Old 02-12-13, 02:08 PM
swimmer10
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone installed Prestigious Soc. DVD bypass

Hi,

I am a new owner of a 2013 Lexus ES 300h, Luxury pkg.,

I wanted to know if anyone here has installed the Prestigious Society DVD bypass in this model? My passenger(wife or me) would like the full benefits that this product offers for Navigation use while traveling, as if you were parked with the E-brake on.
How long did it take?
Any obstacles? Scratches?

Thanks
Old 02-12-13, 04:27 PM
txes
Lead Lap

I can't stop laughing over the $329.00 price.

Seriously?

John
Old 02-12-13, 06:35 PM
swimmer10
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the invaluable information I requested

Seems like I will have to go elsewhere for information...

John,
$45,000 car!
Seriously?
Old 02-12-13, 06:46 PM
a310pilot
Driver

I want to get it installed but waiting for someone else to be the test dummy. Please do post if you do end up getting it.

I won't attempt it myself since I believe the whole dashboard needs to come apart. (I could be wrong)
Old 02-12-13, 07:18 PM
uicandrew
Pole Position

i was told that the reason why it is so expensive is because of the name. i forgot where, but i read that there's another companies (not as famous) that have similar features for about $100 less or half the price.
Old 02-14-13, 02:39 AM
ElliotB
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"as if you were parked with the E-brake on" The only feature I believe that needs this configuration to work is the DVD player (for video only, the audio will play). The other/main navigation features work without the emergency brake on. And many will work while the vehicle is in motion. I am not sure exactly what it is you are trying to do but if you feel the need to get this device, the company and the device appears to have good feedback (based on their website).

Last edited by ElliotB; 02-14-13 at 07:02 AM.
Old 02-14-13, 07:47 AM
a310pilot
Driver

Elliot,

One feature that doesn't work is changing destination while driving or searching for a POI on the move. Etc.
Old 02-14-13, 08:14 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,227 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by swimmer10
Hi,

I am a new owner of a 2013 Lexus ES 300h, Luxury pkg.,

I wanted to know if anyone here has installed the Prestigious Society DVD bypass in this model? My passenger(wife or me) would like the full benefits that this product offers for Navigation use while traveling, as if you were parked with the E-brake on.
How long did it take?
Any obstacles? Scratches?

Thanks
There is an extensive review posted on the Toyota Nation web site. It goes over the install, price, and instructions. Just Google "Prestigious Society DVD bypass" and you will see the link.
Good Luck.
Old 02-14-13, 06:13 PM
ALIGN
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If only someone would post how to remove the radio, you can simply jumper the wiring at the back than paying $329. The jumper should be similar to IS and GS radio DVD bypass posted. On all stereo with DVD playback, there is a wiring for e-brake and all you have to do is supply power to this wire to enable DVD playback while driving.
Old 02-15-13, 03:15 AM
ElliotB
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I preface my comments by saying that I don't particularly like the fact that many functions within the nav system are disabled while in motion, but I guess they do this for safely reason.

"One feature that doesn't work is changing destination while driving or searching for a POI on the move. Etc."

I have no problem changing destinations or searching for a POI while on the move. But then again, I use DESTINATION ASSIST. Destination Assist is one of the best features (IMHO) that Lexus offers on its vehicles, offering total convenience and safety at the same time. You can also use the voice command system for this while in motion.

"there is a wiring for e-brake' Hmmmmm, I wonder why they disable video playback while driving....

FWIW, for well under $100, you get get a pretty good portable DVD player with a larger/better screen than the ES's.

Last edited by ElliotB; 02-15-13 at 10:09 AM.
Old 02-18-13, 11:24 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

i have done a few new es350 prestigious override install, it's VERY straight forward and simple to do. i think the new ES is one of the easiest lexus models to work with so far. it probably takes me about 30 mins to install. for normal people, i say 1 hour should be more than enough

the panels are easy to come off, and as long as you follow instructions and put towels / masking tape when necessary, zero scratches

Originally Posted by ALIGN
If only someone would post how to remove the radio, you can simply jumper the wiring at the back than paying $329. The jumper should be similar to IS and GS radio DVD bypass posted. On all stereo with DVD playback, there is a wiring for e-brake and all you have to do is supply power to this wire to enable DVD playback while driving.
i will just say that this will not work at all. not to mention kiss your full electronic warranty good bye. seen that before already, painful
Old 02-18-13, 11:28 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by a310pilot
I want to get it installed but waiting for someone else to be the test dummy. Please do post if you do end up getting it.

I won't attempt it myself since I believe the whole dashboard needs to come apart. (I could be wrong)
not at all on the es350. you need to access the back of the radio head unit, which is very straight forward and most part of dash will stay intact. it's very localized.

and fwiw, even on any other lexus / toyota models, i never have to remove the whole dashboard to install the override. at the most (the worst case model), one has to take out shift plate, glove box cover, and radio. still, due to design, most of the parts are held together by clips so once everything is back, there is no misalignment or noise
Old 02-18-13, 04:10 PM
a310pilot
Driver

You are saying this about the new 2013 ES350? I didn't know that.

The website and comments I saw on another site suggested dashboard needs to come off. So the LCD screen needs to be accessed or just the radio head?
Old 02-19-13, 12:38 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by a310pilot
You are saying this about the new 2013 ES350? I didn't know that.

The website and comments I saw on another site suggested dashboard needs to come off. So the LCD screen needs to be accessed or just the radio head?
yes i was referring to 2013 es specifically. you don't need to access the back of the navigation screen (that would be a lot more complicated), you mainly need to access the back of the radio head unit
Old 02-19-13, 07:31 AM
a310pilot
Driver

Guys check this out. http://www.vaistech.com/dev/iVIC-droid.php

I was planning to get DVD bypass installed until I saw this and it's way too cool. Your remote touch device works like a mouse on the screen and you can switch back and forth between this and lexus system.

I contacted this company but they don't have a ES350 compatible system yet. They are working on it to release in fall.

Already put my name down for it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone installed Prestigious Soc. DVD bypass