ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Honeymoon period with my car...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-13, 06:40 PM
SJSass
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honeymoon period with my car...

I am so in love with my new lexus I did not want to get out, so I was sitting in it for full 2 hours in my garage !!! Finally took it for a short drive!! Just had to share ... I hope you all have felt this!!

Best,
Maya
Old 11-22-13, 11:49 AM
IS350atWOT
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SJSass
I am so in love with my new lexus I did not want to get out, so I was sitting in it for full 2 hours in my garage !!! Finally took it for a short drive!! Just had to share ... I hope you all have felt this!!

Best,
Maya
Yep, been there done that!
Old 11-22-13, 01:24 PM
Fly4u
Banned

I like my ES300h a lot, but after owning 20+ vehicles the magic was gone after a few weeks. For what it is and the price paid, Lexus did a terrific job putting all the pieces together.
Old 11-22-13, 03:07 PM
amphipri0n
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Recently just passed the 1yr mark on my car. Still has the new Lexus leather smell, and I'm still very happy with the decision to go with ES. It's a sharp and elegant looking vehicle without looking pretentious or over exaggerated with plenty of creature comforts. (not to mention with room to spare.)

Thanks for sharing your experience SJSass, make sure to take pictures and sign in on the roll call thread that is stickied at the top of this forum if you haven't already.

Now if I can only get that showroom quality wax job on it, I'll be happy for the rest of the season.
Old 11-22-13, 05:29 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by Fly4u
I like my ES300h a lot, but after owning 20+ vehicles the magic was gone after a few weeks. For what it is and the price paid, Lexus did a terrific job putting all the pieces together.
After having owned about 35 cars over the years, I still get excited when I buy a new car, but the difference is that the excitement wears off much more quickly than it did years ago. In a way, I find that to be a bit sad.

I think that the reason why the excitement fades more quickly now than it did years ago may have something to do with how much easier it is for me to be able acquire a new car now than it was when I was younger. Years ago, when I had to save up to buy a car, there was lots of anticipation, and, when I was eventually able to buy the car, the new car excitement lasted for a long time. Now, as soon as I the thought of getting a new car crosses my mind, I do some quick research. Then I do a bit of quick negotiating and write out a check. I think that, when it is very easy to acquire a new car, my appreciation of it isn't as great as it was when I had to work harder and wait longer to get it.
Old 11-22-13, 06:38 PM
Spitznagle
Driver School Candidate

Going on a year with mine. I still love her like no other.
Old 11-23-13, 06:32 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

less and Fly4u, it was good to read your posts. I thought it was just me. I too get excited with a new car, and really enjoy them, but have found that I get the itch sooner than in the past. I traded in a 2010 ES350 with 28k miles on a new Audi 1 year ago but already my eye is wandering. Nothing serious yet though.

SJSass congrats on the new Lexus.
Old 11-23-13, 08:45 AM
Fly4u
Banned

Originally Posted by lesz
...I think that the reason why the excitement fades more quickly now than it did years ago may have something to do with how much easier it is for me to be able acquire a new car now than it was when I was younger. Years ago, when I had to save up to buy a car, there was lots of anticipation, and, when I was eventually able to buy the car, the new car excitement lasted for a long time. Now, as soon as I the thought of getting a new car crosses my mind, I do some quick research. Then I do a bit of quick negotiating and write out a check. I think that, when it is very easy to acquire a new car, my appreciation of it isn't as great as it was when I had to work harder and wait longer to get it.
Absolutely agree with this sentiment! In my younger years each vehicle was successively more powerful and better equipped, a sort of "climbing the ladder." I reached the nirvana of raw performance in 2001, but quickly determined the expectation was sweeter than reality. From then, the mindset has been to meld fuel efficiency with comfort and tech features. The urge to replace is generally at 2 to 2.5 year intervals, and I really enjoy the exploration and anticipation phase that lasts roughly 1/2 year. The active seek-and-replace period is fairly quick.
Old 11-23-13, 10:33 AM
jonmanch
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Lease for 36 - 39 months rather than purchase for business purposes, and I have loved every car til the day I turn it in. Perhaps I am easier to satisfy, and I have been driving for over 50 years.