Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 6ES forum for discussion about shared components with other sixth generation ES models.

Configuring ES300h after delivery - tech setup

Old 12-24-12, 08:17 PM
lemon397
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Configuring ES300h after delivery - tech setup

I thought of starting this thread to include some of the common configuration that I did after delivery of our ES 300h (UL package). Please add your findings as well.

1) Configuring Phone to include messaging - My dealer took my phone and just performed the pairing and the messages button was disabled for me. I have samsung galaxy note 2 and after coming home i performed these steps -
a) unpair device and Bluetooth from car
b) pair again
c) As the pairing occurs - car Bluetooth asked permission to access MAP (message access protocol). I allowed and the most imp step is to check "Do not ask again" popup on your phone (android OS). If you don't check it then next time you'll have the same issue (disabled messages). It will also ask to access the call history. Allow it.

2) Unlock All doors - by default only driver door is selected to be unlocked when keyless entry is used. This option can be found in setup->general->vehicle customization

3) Pairing FOB with driver seat setting - with 2 drivers using the car, this is very useful setting. First setup your driver seat setting (press set and L1/L2/L3 together). Once you have done this then use only the fob that your want to program. use that fob to open car and turn the car 'ON'. press the driver setting button (l1/l2/l3). next press the door open/close (anyone) for 3-4 seconds till you hear a beep. This will program your fob with that driver setting shortcut. do the same with other fob. Next time car will recognize the key and will recall the setting without pressing any buttons.

4) garage door - follow the steps in the manual.
The following users liked this post:
Sudanid (10-17-21)
Old 12-24-12, 11:11 PM
jcarlo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any idea how to set my display audio automatically starts iPod music when i connect my iphone? It always begins as "audio" off and it's pretty cumbersome to keep having to select ipod.
Old 12-25-12, 01:48 AM
mrBillFL
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

excellent thread! subscribed!

I have 4 yahoo and 3 gmail email accts for work business, pleasure, etc. I don't want to sync all accts to car.

ideas? disable them on my phone before setup, then add back to phone after? (android htc evo 3d)
Old 12-26-12, 02:29 PM
lemon397
Rookie

Originally Posted by jcarlo
Any idea how to set my display audio automatically starts iPod music when i connect my iphone? It always begins as "audio" off and it's pretty cumbersome to keep having to select ipod.
Sorry, I don't use apple products.
Old 12-26-12, 02:31 PM
lemon397
Rookie

Originally Posted by mrBillFL
excellent thread! subscribed!

I have 4 yahoo and 3 gmail email accts for work business, pleasure, etc. I don't want to sync all accts to car.

ideas? disable them on my phone before setup, then add back to phone after? (android htc evo 3d)
can you elaborate more. I think i haven't heard this before.
Old 12-26-12, 02:40 PM
mrBillFL
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

sure, I have different accounts for work, personal, auto, boat, track, and spam. and a number of others.

I sync some to my phone, some not. ie not paypal acct.

and I don't want to load every contact in my email acct, on my car. I want to pick and choose who can contact me on my phone.

-ie, when I fill out this fourm, its registered to a email acct that i Never buy products with. I have another with my family contacts, and guard that so when Nigerians hack me and send my family msgs that I'm in trouble, send money, they can't since those accts all have 'nospam_' in front of the emails.

its a pain, but some family might fall for it.

anyway, when I was doing test rides, salesmen would take my phone and sync all my accts, and don't want that.

l want to control what is loaded. paranoid? yeah.

don't do banking by phone either.... -anyone actually read the apps access agreements you down load (droid).

once I understand the system mby I;ll add accts but for now just a few low security accts.

it makes it easy to spot some spam, like you've been hacked reset you password (banks/ td waterhouse, etc).
Old 12-26-12, 05:47 PM
lemon397
Rookie

Just tested "DVD player" in Nav with Mark Levinson's (2013 ES 300h). I tested with my Harold and Kumar DVD and it worked fine.
1) turn your car 'ON"
2) Press the "hand brake" (pedal) and then insert your DVD. (this is required for safety reasons)
3) The player recognizes video DVD and plays on the screen (mine is 8"), good enough for some HD videos.
4) Then, I also tried with my 3D Shrek DVD and the Nav could not recognize it.
5) While playing the DVD i removed the brakes (or put i in drive) and my Nav screen switched back to map with audio playing.

I tried this on my 2011 RX 450h and it did not work. But i have those headrest DVD players.
Old 12-26-12, 05:52 PM
lemon397
Rookie

Originally Posted by mrBillFL
sure, I have different accounts for work, personal, auto, boat, track, and spam. and a number of others.

I sync some to my phone, some not. ie not paypal acct.

and I don't want to load every contact in my email acct, on my car. I want to pick and choose who can contact me on my phone.

-ie, when I fill out this fourm, its registered to a email acct that i Never buy products with. I have another with my family contacts, and guard that so when Nigerians hack me and send my family msgs that I'm in trouble, send money, they can't since those accts all have 'nospam_' in front of the emails.

its a pain, but some family might fall for it.

anyway, when I was doing test rides, salesmen would take my phone and sync all my accts, and don't want that.

l want to control what is loaded. paranoid? yeah.

don't do banking by phone either.... -anyone actually read the apps access agreements you down load (droid).

once I understand the system mby I;ll add accts but for now just a few low security accts.

it makes it easy to spot some spam, like you've been hacked reset you password (banks/ td waterhouse, etc).
you'll not be able to control it via car bluetooth. This has to happen in your contacts on your phone first. every account (in android), provides you an option to sync contacts on your email to your phone. You'll need to uncheck those options. use some apps (from google play store if you on android), to clean up your contacts on your phone. You can also download the contacts to your PC and edit it in excel and then load them back.

The bluetooth in car will dump all contacts/call history/messages as it sees.
Old 06-26-13, 10:28 PM
Braindrain
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lemon397
I thought of starting this thread to include some of the common configuration that I did after delivery of our ES 300h (UL package). Please add your findings as well.

1) Configuring Phone to include messaging - My dealer took my phone and just performed the pairing and the messages button was disabled for me. I have samsung galaxy note 2 and after coming home i performed these steps -
a) unpair device and Bluetooth from car
b) pair again
c) As the pairing occurs - car Bluetooth asked permission to access MAP (message access protocol). I allowed and the most imp step is to check "Do not ask again" popup on your phone (android OS). If you don't check it then next time you'll have the same issue (disabled messages). It will also ask to access the call history. Allow it.

2) Unlock All doors - by default only driver door is selected to be unlocked when keyless entry is used. This option can be found in setup->general->vehicle customization

3) Pairing FOB with driver seat setting - with 2 drivers using the car, this is very useful setting. First setup your driver seat setting (press set and L1/L2/L3 together). Once you have done this then use only the fob that your want to program. use that fob to open car and turn the car 'ON'. press the driver setting button (l1/l2/l3). next press the door open/close (anyone) for 3-4 seconds till you hear a beep. This will program your fob with that driver setting shortcut. do the same with other fob. Next time car will recognize the key and will recall the setting without pressing any buttons.

4) garage door - follow the steps in the manual.
These are some good tips!
Old 08-30-13, 11:57 AM
drus90
Driver School Candidate

Default extra help

You say:

“3) Pairing FOB with driver seat setting - with 2 drivers using the car, this is very useful setting. First setup your driver seat setting (press set and L1/L2/L3 together). Once you have done this then use only the fob that your want to program. use that fob to open car and turn the car 'ON'. press the driver setting button (l1/l2/l3). next press the door open/close (anyone) for 3-4 seconds till you hear a beep. This will program your fob with that driver setting shortcut. do the same with other fob. Next time car will recognize the key and will recall the setting without pressing any buttons.”

As I understand this, I hold down all four buttons(press set and L1/L2/L3 together) or set and the specific button, such as L2.

Sorry, I am confused

Drus
Old 08-30-13, 03:30 PM
oneor11
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by drus90
You say:

“3) Pairing FOB with driver seat setting - with 2 drivers using the car, this is very useful setting. First setup your driver seat setting (press set and L1/L2/L3 together). Once you have done this then use only the fob that your want to program. use that fob to open car and turn the car 'ON'. press the driver setting button (l1/l2/l3). next press the door open/close (anyone) for 3-4 seconds till you hear a beep. This will program your fob with that driver setting shortcut. do the same with other fob. Next time car will recognize the key and will recall the setting without pressing any buttons.”

As I understand this, I hold down all four buttons(press set and L1/L2/L3 together) or set and the specific button, such as L2.

Sorry, I am confused

Drus
Hi Drus,

First set the memory like you like it. So let's say you want to use button L1 for you. Fix your seats, mirrors, tilt, etc. and press SET then L1. Your memory will then be set. Next you want to associate L1 to the fob in your pocket. Make sure no other fobs are around, or the system will be confused. With the fob inside the car, press L1 then hold the door lock button in the door for about 4 seconds. You'll hear a couple of beeps and it is now associated.

Now now say your wife wants L2. Go put your fob in the house and grab her fob. Have here adjust all her stuff then do SET then L2. Then with her fob in the car press L2 then hold the door lock button in the door for 4 seconds.

It's in the manual somewhere.

Jacob
Old 08-30-13, 08:24 PM
drus90
Driver School Candidate

Thank You, Jacob
Old 02-22-14, 07:06 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

Now that the '13-14's have sensors on all four doors it is no longer necessary (or desirable) to change the default from Drivers to All doors. The coolest method now is to just slip a hand through the driver's side rear passenger door handle (don't even have to pull it open) and it will unlock all doors! Will also lock all doors if you have stepped away from the driver's door when leaving.

The point of the default setting of course is to add safety when unlocking while alone in an unpredicable environment. Various models of earlier Lexi did benefit from this configuration change so thanks for including it.
Old 10-17-21, 09:26 PM
FredLexus4
Driver School Candidate

The car is a Lexus 2015 300h. I love the car other than this issue. Anyone know how to turn on the beep when a car is in close proximity to my car....at present, the light will light on the side mirrors. I can't believe you can not turn on a beep to warn you when another vehicle is close. Honda's beep. Thanks! Fred
Old 10-18-21, 07:08 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

The Blind Spot Monitor lights up without a chime when a vehicle is in your Blind Spot
and you are traveling faster than 15 MPH.
The Rear Cross Traffic Alert feature using the BSM sensors will light up the mirror icon(s)
and chime if a vehicle passes behind you when you are in reverse.
Newer Lexi have added Automatic Braking so when the Park Assist system or the RCTA
sensors detect trouble it will apply the brakes!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Configuring ES300h after delivery - tech setup