ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Timeline for dealer-installed clear bra?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-12, 11:48 PM
uicandrew
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Timeline for dealer-installed clear bra?

I'm trading in my old car for a 2013 es300h and I'm also having the clear bra installed by the dealership.

what is the timeline of events i should expect? I talked to independent clear bra installers and they say it takes about a day or 2 for the clear bra to set after installing it.

Would I have them install the clear bra before taking delivery? then give up my old car (only car) and drive off with my new es300h?

Or would I trade in my old car, take delivery of the new car, and then set up an appointment with the service desk to have it installed later?
In that case, then would they give me a loaner while waiting for the clear bra installation since i have no other car?
Old 11-01-12, 07:15 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by uicandrew
I'm trading in my old car for a 2013 es300h and I'm also having the clear bra installed by the dealership.

what is the timeline of events i should expect? I talked to independent clear bra installers and they say it takes about a day or 2 for the clear bra to set after installing it.

Would I have them install the clear bra before taking delivery? then give up my old car (only car) and drive off with my new es300h?

Or would I trade in my old car, take delivery of the new car, and then set up an appointment with the service desk to have it installed later?
In that case, then would they give me a loaner while waiting for the clear bra installation since i have no other car?
Your dealer should be able to tell you what their proceedure is for the installation.
Old 11-02-12, 07:53 PM
sdloeffler
Driver School Candidate

I went and saw my car before they did anything to it. it was in the service bay at 12:30 during lunch. I picked up may car at 6:30 that same night. they had installed the clear bra along with a few other things. it may takes days for it to set, but it only takes hours to install it and you can drive it the same day. mine looks great!
Old 11-03-12, 03:14 AM
A320pilot
Driver

Originally Posted by sdloeffler
I went and saw my car before they did anything to it. it was in the service bay at 12:30 during lunch. I picked up may car at 6:30 that same night. they had installed the clear bra along with a few other things. it may takes days for it to set, but it only takes hours to install it and you can drive it the same day. mine looks great!
What areas of the car were done? How much did you pay?
Old 11-03-12, 08:21 AM
uicandrew
Pole Position

according to the 3M ventureshield website, these are the areas that can be installed:

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...ield-Consumer/

the rocker panel part is interesting. I know my dealer has the Ventureshield (on my purchase agreement, it says "complete ventureshield" so i assume the rocker panel is included, too)
Old 11-03-12, 05:16 PM
sdloeffler
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by A320pilot
What areas of the car were done? How much did you pay?
Hood, but not the entire hood, mirrors, under the door handles, a few spots on the sides right behind the wheels (small strips). I think I paid about $450.

I'm thinking about having the front bumper done.
Old 11-03-12, 05:46 PM
uicandrew
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sdloeffler
Hood, but not the entire hood, mirrors, under the door handles, a few spots on the sides right behind the wheels (small strips). I think I paid about $450.

I'm thinking about having the front bumper done.
was there a reason why you didn't choose the entire hood? was it not offered? if you have the entire hood, then there is no "line" that shows where the film ends?

i'm definitely getting the front bumper. it's the bug stains on the front bumper during the summer that annoy me, esp with highway driving.
Old 11-03-12, 09:21 PM
sdloeffler
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by uicandrew
was there a reason why you didn't choose the entire hood? was it not offered? if you have the entire hood, then there is no "line" that shows where the film ends?

i'm definitely getting the front bumper. it's the bug stains on the front bumper during the summer that annoy me, esp with highway driving.
Full hood wasn't offered and you can barely see the line unless you're looking for it. I had the body protective coating put on the car as well as the interior protectant. it' pretty good stuff. the bugs basically just fall off the bumper. hardly anything sticks to it.
Old 11-08-12, 04:23 AM
PTmobile
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most dealerships dont offer full panels aas their instaledrs are not good enough to do it. They install the standard front end kits and thats pretty much it. I do contract work for a lot of dealers in my area and have multiple packages that clients can choose... so its an option here but only because I am doing the work. Park Place has their own installers and they keep it simple.

By the way the install should only take a few hours. As soon as it is insalled you can drive off with the vehicle. It will just take a couple of days to cure... like window tint.
Old 11-08-12, 08:54 AM
uicandrew
Pole Position

Should I expect to see bubbles after installation? I know for phones and such, bubbles are to be expected but will resolve on their own.
Old 11-08-12, 07:10 PM
sdloeffler
Driver School Candidate

I didn't have any bubbles on mine.
Old 11-09-12, 06:23 AM
Briano7
Driver School Candidate

What's the clear bra going to look like after 5 years of intense Florida sunshine?

Last edited by Briano7; 11-09-12 at 06:27 AM.
Old 11-10-12, 04:26 PM
ALIGN
Driver

According to the dealership it takes about 4hours. At first, bubbles is normal and it goes away similar to when you do this on your phone.

Does your ES comes with the clear protective film on the door handles and door edges? I have mined installed prior to purchase but dealer told me they would take it out if I don't like them. They install this to protect the vehicle when customer test drive the car. I like it, so I bought it together with the front.

I'm not sure what brand of film they use on other states or other dealership but the new film should be UV protected to prevent yellowing of the film unlike the film they use 6 or 8years ago.
Old 11-14-12, 09:28 PM
ALIGN
Driver

I just got my car back from service, they have installed the clear bra. I have to say that they did a pretty good job. No bubbles or any imperfection at all. You can't even notice it if your looking at the front. I think this is going to be worth it.

Oh they also got me a loaner.
Old 11-15-12, 05:29 AM
uicandrew
Pole Position

They gave you a loaner for 4-6 hrs?

Quick Reply: Timeline for dealer-installed clear bra?