ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Dealer Car Washes

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-12, 03:41 PM
ALIGN
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been to several dealerships when I was shopping for the car. All of them offers free car wash. What's up with that? It's not like it's going to be a big factor in decision making when buying a car. Who goes back to the dealership just to get a car wash? After how they treat you when you purchase the vehicle, cussing at them that you would never buy from that dealership again, would you return there to get your car washed?

I just find it funny when dealership said that "oh we offer free car wash for the life of the car". Yeah right!
Old 11-10-12, 03:52 PM
jetman
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ALIGN
I've been to several dealerships when I was shopping for the car. All of them offers free car wash. What's up with that? It's not like it's going to be a big factor in decision making when buying a car. Who goes back to the dealership just to get a car wash? After how they treat you when you purchase the vehicle, cussing at them that you would never buy from that dealership again, would you return there to get your car washed?

I just find it funny when dealership said that "oh we offer free car wash for the life of the car". Yeah right!
I've never left a Lexus dealership cussing and saying I would never deal with them again. If were that angry I wouldn't have bought a vehicle from them in the first place. I have never been treated with less than the utmost respect by everyone at my dealership. If you feel you were mistreated by your dealership or salesman when buying your car, then that's something I would take up with Lexus corporate.

As far as the topic goes, the free car washes are just a little perk. It's up to you to decide if they're worth it to you. Unfortunately my dealer doesn't offer them, or I would certainly take advantage of them.
Old 11-10-12, 04:16 PM
ALIGN
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't say I got mistreated. It's just that when you read reviews of the car dealership that's all they say and I just find it funny about offering free car wash...
Old 11-10-12, 08:24 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Perhaps the reviews you've read were about dealers other than Lexus. I too have been treated very well at all Lexus dealerships, which is not your typical auto experience. Lexus dealers live or die by reviews for sales or service with customer reviews to corporate. Adding free car washes is an extra perk, if you have an hour or two, since you are in a que.
Old 11-11-12, 05:20 AM
MikeP
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Probably a rarity with Lexus dealers, but I am not satisfied with the service my local dealer provides. Prior to the upgrading of facilities, designer coffee, free cookies and muffins, the service was perfect as was the sales experience. Now, it seems like the effort is all on the surface to impress new customers into thinking they are in for a special experience. Not so in my experience. After damaging my car twice, having to redo service work not done properly and wanting to charge msrp for my last 2 vehicles, I decided to travel 500 miles for my ES. When I told the sales manager I was considering going out of town for my next purchase, he told me I shouldn't expect loaner cars in the future. That's after buying 8 Lexus from him over the years. Sadly Lexus Customer Relations was not interested in helping to solve a problem with the service department I had with my local dealer, so I don't think the decline in service is strictly this one dealer.

I have no doubt the majority of Lexus dealers are excellent and focused on customer service, Sewell in Dallas where I bought my ES is certainly one of them, but as in the case in my area where there is only one dealer with no competition, buyer beware.
Old 11-11-12, 07:51 AM
jetman
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeP
Probably a rarity with Lexus dealers, but I am not satisfied with the service my local dealer provides. Prior to the upgrading of facilities, designer coffee, free cookies and muffins, the service was perfect as was the sales experience. Now, it seems like the effort is all on the surface to impress new customers into thinking they are in for a special experience. Not so in my experience. After damaging my car twice, having to redo service work not done properly and wanting to charge msrp for my last 2 vehicles, I decided to travel 500 miles for my ES. When I told the sales manager I was considering going out of town for my next purchase, he told me I shouldn't expect loaner cars in the future. That's after buying 8 Lexus from him over the years. Sadly Lexus Customer Relations was not interested in helping to solve a problem with the service department I had with my local dealer, so I don't think the decline in service is strictly this one dealer.

I have no doubt the majority of Lexus dealers are excellent and focused on customer service, Sewell in Dallas where I bought my ES is certainly one of them, but as in the case in my area where there is only one dealer with no competition, buyer beware.
If the shabby treatment you've received is indicative of the way they treat other customers, I can see your dealer losing sales, despite upgrading the facilities. A "special experience" goes well beyond the free muffins and the like. If you're dissatisfied with the dealer, there are no doubt others who are as well, and the word will spread.

I don't think that the dealer can deny you loaner cars; I believe that Lexus has the dealers provide them as a policy (although I could be wrong). And I don't think that the Sales Manager has that power to make that decision either. What if you moved into the area having bought a Lexus elsewhere; would they deny you a loaner then, too?

I'm surprised that Lexus corporate wouldn't help you out with your service problems either; they're usually pretty accommodating. I've told this story before, but when I contacted Lexus Customer Service about problems I was having with my SiriusXM service, not only was the problem solved but Lexus issued me a $200 service credit. So I think that Lexus does care a lot about keeping their customers happy - I'm sorry you had a bad experience.

How about sharing the name of the offending dealer, so others here know to be wary? Just as the good dealers (Sewell, for example) should be praised, the bad dealers need to be singled out as well.

Just to hand out some praise, my Lexus dealer, Northtown Lexus in Buffalo, is by far the best dealership I have dealt with in over 30 years of buying cars.
Old 11-11-12, 12:19 PM
MikeP
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jetman
If the shabby treatment you've received is indicative of the way they treat other customers, I can see your dealer losing sales, despite upgrading the facilities. A "special experience" goes well beyond the free muffins and the like. If you're dissatisfied with the dealer, there are no doubt others who are as well, and the word will spread.

I don't think that the dealer can deny you loaner cars; I believe that Lexus has the dealers provide them as a policy (although I could be wrong). And I don't think that the Sales Manager has that power to make that decision either. What if you moved into the area having bought a Lexus elsewhere; would they deny you a loaner then, too?

I'm surprised that Lexus corporate wouldn't help you out with your service problems either; they're usually pretty accommodating. I've told this story before, but when I contacted Lexus Customer Service about problems I was having with my SiriusXM service, not only was the problem solved but Lexus issued me a $200 service credit. So I think that Lexus does care a lot about keeping their customers happy - I'm sorry you had a bad experience.

How about sharing the name of the offending dealer, so others here know to be wary? Just as the good dealers (Sewell, for example) should be praised, the bad dealers need to be singled out as well.

Just to hand out some praise, my Lexus dealer, Northtown Lexus in Buffalo, is by far the best dealership I have dealt with in over 30 years of buying cars.
If anyone is interested in which dealer I am referring to, just PM me and I will be happy to share. I am still somewhat tied to that dealer for service since the next closest Lexus dealer is 75 miles away and owned by the same person. I just hope I never need anything other than routine service. I agree that this dealer cannot deny a loaner when my car would be tied up longer than 24 hours (I think that's the rule).