ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

What color interior??

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-12, 06:33 PM
Loyaljon
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What color interior??

I am just about ready to pull the trigger on getting a ES300H. I am a little concerned about what color leather interior to purchase. I love the silver lining metallic for the exterior and was thinking about getting the light gray leather interior. My salesman says that might be a little too much of the same color. he recommends black leather. I like that color too--but I live in Arizona--and it gets up to 115 degrees in the summer time. I am fearful that black leather would just be too hot for this area. Does anyone have any opinions on this ??
Old 10-08-12, 09:25 PM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

I live in Arizona too and I have white with black leather on order. I wanted black leather on my 2010 but it was very hard - many months - to get then so I caved in and got parchment. Always kind of regretted it. As you well know 115 degrees is hot without regard to what color interior you have. Having the perforated leather seats rather than the nuluxe may help some - I hope.

Dave Mac
Old 10-09-12, 04:18 AM
MikeP
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

If I can remember correctly, there's not much light gray except for the seats. All else is black, so the interior is hardly monotone. Most important is for you to choose what you like and don't let the salesperson influence you.
Old 10-09-12, 05:22 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Mac
I live in Arizona too and I have white with black leather on order. I wanted black leather on my 2010 but it was very hard - many months - to get then so I caved in and got parchment. Always kind of regretted it. As you well know 115 degrees is hot without regard to what color interior you have. Having the perforated leather seats rather than the nuluxe may help some - I hope.

Dave Mac
I think the black interior looks better, but here in the south with the heat I went for Parchment, my 06 GS had Parchment and I have come to like it.
Old 10-09-12, 05:34 PM
KennyLexus
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jollick
I think the black interior looks better, but here in the south with the heat I went for Parchment, my 06 GS had Parchment and I have come to like it.
I agree the black interior is better looking. And I'm not just saying that because my current ES is black on black. I too live in the south and ordered the '13 ES300h with parchment leather interior. I hope I want regret it.
Old 10-09-12, 06:15 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

I personally think the Parchment interior is richer looking than the black or grey...
Old 10-09-12, 07:59 PM
kyo7878
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never felt any significant difference between light or dark interior during the TX summer...they all get HOT at the end of day
Old 10-10-12, 05:12 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by SW10ES
I personally think the Parchment interior is richer looking than the black or grey...
I tend to agree that the Parchment interior is richer looking, I just wish they covered the top of the console with wood as in my GS.
Old 10-10-12, 06:09 AM
uicandrew
Pole Position

I've never had leather seats before. Would parchment be harder to keep clean?
Old 10-10-12, 06:27 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Originally Posted by jollick
I tend to agree that the Parchment interior is richer looking, I just wish they covered the top of the console with wood as in my GS.
Or as in the previous ES's, I agree

The Parchment is harder to keep clean than black, sure.
Old 10-10-12, 07:03 AM
MDames2
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually, it's no harder to clean parchment colored leather than black, or any color for that matter. It's just that black leather doesn't show dirt like a lighter color does. This can be a good thing and a bad thing. The good is obvious. However, you can be lulled into thinking that the black leather is clean when it's not. This can lead to more infrequent cleaning and conditioning. This will result in the leather wearing out more quickly. So if you go with black, be sure to take care of it even if it doesn't "look" like it needs it.
Old 10-10-12, 07:45 AM
uicandrew
Pole Position

I'm thinking about getting the deep sea mica with parchment. My current Camry is blue ribbon metallic (brighter than deep sea mica) with grey interior.
Old 10-10-12, 11:24 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Nebula Gray/Light Gray interior.
Old 10-10-12, 12:51 PM
UncleBen
Rookie

Originally Posted by uicandrew
I'm thinking about getting the deep sea mica with parchment. My current Camry is blue ribbon metallic (brighter than deep sea mica) with grey interior.
That's exactly what we got. Heads turn, I can tell you that much! We love it.
Old 10-10-12, 12:55 PM
UncleBen
Rookie

Perhaps I should add a little to that last post. This was the color and interior that we wanted ... but we didn't have to order, as there was already one en route. When it arrived, we got a phone call from the dealer and went over to look at it. This was a rainy, dark day; and when we first looked at it, both my wife and I went "Yuck, what the ..."

Then they took it in, gave it a beauty make over, rolled it in the showroom... Wow! By then, the sun was out. They rolled it outside ... Wow!

I'm not kidding you ... People actually stop to look at the car!

Quick Reply: What color interior??