ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Custom Order Time Frame 300H

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-12, 06:32 AM
Creid
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told this by my dealership. They stated that dealerships don't actually place the orders until the 20th of the month. I ordered my car around the 10th of September.
Old 10-18-12, 05:40 PM
A320pilot
Driver

To add to the Question, i am Trading in my 2010, Hs250h for a 2013, Es300h. On October 10th, salesman informed me that the car I wanted, not special order,but it had all of the options I wanted, was to be put on the ship. I received a phone call today letting me know that my car will be in Portland on the 23 of October. Then another two weeks to Illinois.

I enjoyed my Hs, but I really like the 300h and look forward to driving it. Two weeks will seem like a decade.
Old 10-27-12, 01:43 AM
Creid
Driver School Candidate

Im still waiting!! So far no news yet on my car... I know they say 3-4 months, guess they really mean it lol
Old 10-27-12, 02:11 AM
ElliotB
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Creid, if they ordered your vehicle on the 20th of September, it has only been 1 month and 1 week. Be patient.
Old 10-27-12, 06:40 AM
Creid
Driver School Candidate

I know its only been a month I don't have much option but to be patient lol.... Still I can wish it was here now! My current vehicle is a pos, and so im looking forward to getting out of it asap!
Old 10-27-12, 07:34 AM
Briano7
Driver School Candidate

I signed the papers on Oct. 1 and the latest update I was told the end of November for delivery from the factory.
Two months - not bad I'd say.
Old 10-27-12, 08:46 AM
MikeP
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

I recently had a colonoscopy, but waiting for my cay to arrive is much more painful than that procedure. At least the colonoscopy only takes a couple of hours including the recovery time. Waiting for your car means you go through the pain every day and night for weeks or months. By the time it arrives, you're too mentally disabled to drive it. To pass the time, you Google pictures of the car, YouTube videos, e magazine road tests, log on to CU every 5 minutes for new topics and look at the brochures until you wear out the pages. I know.....I need to get a life.
Old 10-27-12, 08:50 AM
uicandrew
Pole Position

A320pilot, any update to your timeframe? I'm in Indiana, and I also ordered one that was in the process of being built, but not custom, in mid Oct.
Old 10-27-12, 09:54 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 173 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeP
I recently had a colonoscopy, but waiting for my cay to arrive is much more painful than that procedure. At least the colonoscopy only takes a couple of hours including the recovery time. Waiting for your car means you go through the pain every day and night for weeks or months. By the time it arrives, you're too mentally disabled to drive it. To pass the time, you Google pictures of the car, YouTube videos, e magazine road tests, log on to CU every 5 minutes for new topics and look at the brochures until you wear out the pages. I know.....I need to get a life.
And I thought I was the only one doing all these things, (I really am doing all of them) soon there will be a medical name for this condition and group therapy sessions at local Lexus Dealers.
Old 10-27-12, 11:49 AM
MikeP
Advanced

Originally Posted by jollick
And I thought I was the only one doing all these things, (I really am doing all of them) soon there will be a medical name for this condition and group therapy sessions at local Lexus Dealers.
How about "Vehicalitis"? Symptoms are insomnia, lack of appetite, irritability with friends & family, inability to concentrate on other things for more than 1.25 seconds and an enhanced craving for alcohol.
Old 10-27-12, 05:11 PM
A320pilot
Driver

Originally Posted by uicandrew
A320pilot, any update to your timeframe? I'm in Indiana, and I also ordered one that was in the process of being built, but not custom, in mid Oct.
They called me yesterday and told me my Black on Black 300h was delayed….they told me they got a Silver one/Black interior in yesterday and I went and saw it today and signed the papers. It was difficult to choose from Black on Black or Silver on Black……Silver on Black won out…..Both great colors.
Old 10-27-12, 05:51 PM
uicandrew
Pole Position

Originally Posted by A320pilot
They called me yesterday and told me my Black on Black 300h was delayed….they told me they got a Silver one/Black interior in yesterday and I went and saw it today and signed the papers. It was difficult to choose from Black on Black or Silver on Black……Silver on Black won out…..Both great colors.
Delayed? Hmmm, did they say HOW delayed? Did u already put a deposit down on the black on black or did u already negotiate the final price ?
Old 10-27-12, 06:16 PM
MikeP
Advanced

Originally Posted by A320pilot
Great color combination. Enjoy and pictures please.
Old 10-27-12, 06:31 PM
KennyLexus
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jollick
I ordered mine at the end of August and I am doing the same things; glad to know...misery loves company.
Old 10-27-12, 06:42 PM
A320pilot
Driver

Originally Posted by uicandrew
Delayed? Hmmm, did they say HOW delayed? Did u already put a deposit down on the black on black or did u already negotiate the final price ?
I negotiated a price along with the trade offer on the black one. The silver one had the same exact options so I went with the silver one. Got a descent deal and a great trade in offer on the 2010 hs250h and everything I asked for. Overall, Im pleased with everything. I liked both colors, but thought, black on black may be to much BLACK for me. I pick up the car on Wednesday.

Delay was 14 to 20 days. Gave me no reason.

Quick Reply: Custom Order Time Frame 300H