ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Order Process?

Old 08-25-12, 04:25 PM
robertbobw
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Order Process?

First time poster and first time to be Lexus owner. Placed an order for an ES300h. Salesman said my preference was placed and awaiting an allocation? He further explained that a shipload is on its way and sometime before it lands in California, the load is allocated to all the dealers. He said he does not know what is on the ship but said he is 95% confident that I can get my car next month. I am not used to this type of delivery process. Is this how Lexus works?

The car is Nebula Grey/Light Grey Leather/Luxury Package/ Nav/ and assorted goodies.
Old 08-26-12, 07:35 AM
gfr1
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robertbobw
First time poster and first time to be Lexus owner. Placed an order for an ES300h. Salesman said my preference was placed and awaiting an allocation? He further explained that a shipload is on its way and sometime before it lands in California, the load is allocated to all the dealers. He said he does not know what is on the ship but said he is 95% confident that I can get my car next month. I am not used to this type of delivery process. Is this how Lexus works?

The car is Nebula Grey/Light Grey Leather/Luxury Package/ Nav/ and assorted goodies.
I am not an authority, even though I ordered early, before much info (& prices) came out. I ordered a nearly fully optioned ES300h on June 21st. I wanted a fully optioned, but the sales person mistakenly omitted HID lights. I did it early so as to get in on the ground floor for dealer allocation. From what I've gathered, there are routine orders from the dealer stock and routine orders for customers. Then, in my case, there was "Special Order", as for what a zone doesn't normally get in their allocation. Such as northern cold areas and warm areas. In my case, the sales person (No. TX) said that Radar Cruise Control and Lane Keeping Assist were the only two items that fell into their "Special" order class. The order system is very convoluted and rather confusing. So far, you won't find the answers in any normal on-line source. Lexus orders don't seem to stray from the dealer "allocation". The dealers normally only request specific package/equipment for their stock, it seems. Hopefully a more authoritative person will chime in.