ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 6th Gen ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-13, 12:57 PM
toy54
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi unowned,
I am sure your family is happy with the new ES350. From your posted picture, this model is Nebula Gray, and is the same color as my ES300h. Did you really purchase from Lexus of Concord because that is where I picked up mine. See you all on the freeway along I-680/I-580.
Old 02-14-13, 01:17 AM
unowned
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toy54
Hi unowned,
I am sure your family is happy with the new ES350. From your posted picture, this model is Nebula Gray, and is the same color as my ES300h. Did you really purchase from Lexus of Concord because that is where I picked up mine. See you all on the freeway along I-680/I-580.
Yes we bought ours at Lexus of Concord. We had the same opportunity to buy a nebula gray 300h with the package we wanted, but our little girl was tired and we decided to return the next day to test drive the hybrid version of the ES. It was sold after we left to the guy I was talking to for 15 minutes about the ES . Wasn't a deal breaker for us, we just didn't like how the hybrid drove. Picked up a normal ES and it exceeded our needs.
Old 02-16-13, 05:21 PM
PaulSte2
Driver School Candidate

Greetings,

I just had the odometer click to 650 miles.

2013 ES 300h
Silver/Black

Oh and fueled for the first time!

2nd Lexus for us the other is an RX 350

Prost,

Paul
Old 02-16-13, 07:01 PM
jollick
Racer

Received 173 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulSte2
Greetings,

I just had the odometer click to 650 miles.

2013 ES 300h
Silver/Black

Oh and fueled for the first time!

2nd Lexus for us the other is an RX 350

Prost,

Paul
Congratulations, it sure is nice to pass all the gas stations with a smile on your face.

2013 ES 300h UL Loaded
Starfire Pearl
Parchment
Old 02-22-13, 07:09 AM
Fly4u
Banned

Traded my Ford Fusion Hybrid for a 2013 ES300h last evening. First time Lexus owner! Sales advisor was terrific and overall Lexus Carlsbad (CA) dealership experience superb.

Deep Sea Mica, Parchment Nuluxe, Nav, Premium package, Blind spot, Heated seats, Parking assist, Rain sensing wipers, Leather shift/steering wheel.

Joined the forum earlier this month to help assess the vehicle from a perspective not possible during test drives. Many thanks to those who directly responded to my posts and all others who simply shared their views in cyberspace!

Last edited by Fly4u; 02-22-13 at 07:12 AM.
Old 02-22-13, 06:52 PM
KennyLexus
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fly4u
Traded my Ford Fusion Hybrid for a 2013 ES300h last evening. First time Lexus owner! Sales advisor was terrific and overall Lexus Carlsbad (CA) dealership experience superb.

Deep Sea Mica, Parchment Nuluxe, Nav, Premium package, Blind spot, Heated seats, Parking assist, Rain sensing wipers, Leather shift/steering wheel.

Joined the forum earlier this month to help assess the vehicle from a perspective not possible during test drives. Many thanks to those who directly responded to my posts and all others who simply shared their views in cyberspace!
Congratulations on the new ride and welcome to the club.
Old 02-24-13, 04:30 PM
toy54
Driver School Candidate

Do you have any recommendations for window tinting in your area? my 2001 ES300 had fronts, sides and rear tinted, and knowing the spring/summer sun can be intense at times and would make the interior cooler and keep the leather from direct exposure.
Old 02-25-13, 11:28 AM
Baguioboy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KennyLexus
I can't help you with LED fog lights but here is a link to a HID fog light DIY:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...og-lights.html
Thanks KennyLexus,
I decided to shop first around my neighborhood. I don't like to get burn the second time from the online business.
I do not know why Lexus will not simplify installation of the same lighting system across the board.
In my opinion,a total LED/HID lighting system would make more sense to the hybrid class since it consumes less energy than the halogens.
Enjoy your ES, buddy.
Old 02-28-13, 08:20 AM
Photios
Driver School Candidate

Purchased my very first Lexus, 300h last Friday, the 22nd. The Lexus replaced a 2007 Tahoe. I loved the Tahoe, but my kids have grown up and out of the house, I don't need the extra seating, and wanted to save some $$$ on gas!

My car is silver metallic / black leather, luxury package, Nav, PCS, HID, BSM, IPA, etc.

I love the look of this car, and how it rides! Very impressed. So far I have just over 100 miles on it, and i'm only getting 30mpg. It's my first hybrid, so I'm learning how to drive it. Hopefully my mileage will improve over time as I get better! I've been reading as much as I can the last few days about driving a hybrid to maximize fuel efficiency. Just found out about turning the AC off!! Any way, I'm very happy with my new Lexus.
Old 02-28-13, 08:40 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 173 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Photios
Purchased my very first Lexus, 300h last Friday, the 22nd. The Lexus replaced a 2007 Tahoe. I loved the Tahoe, but my kids have grown up and out of the house, I don't need the extra seating, and wanted to save some $$$ on gas!

My car is silver metallic / black leather, luxury package, Nav, PCS, HID, BSM, IPA, etc.

I love the look of this car, and how it rides! Very impressed. So far I have just over 100 miles on it, and i'm only getting 30mpg. It's my first hybrid, so I'm learning how to drive it. Hopefully my mileage will improve over time as I get better! I've been reading as much as I can the last few days about driving a hybrid to maximize fuel efficiency. Just found out about turning the AC off!! Any way, I'm very happy with my new Lexus.
Congratulations on your new ES300h. The cold weather takes a toll on all hybrid batteries. From what I have read, you will loose 10 to 20% of your fuel mileage, also the winter gas blends seem to affect fuel mileage. I live in the south and the mornings are usually in the 30's to 40's this time of year. I am getting 36 to 37 mpg on my 14 mile each way mixed traffic ride to work and home. I ordered my loaded ES300h UL in September 2012, it arrived at my dealer early January so I do not have a warm weather mileage figure yet. The car is fantastic and fits my every need.
Old 02-28-13, 09:47 AM
lkenn1410
Driver School Candidate

Picked up my new ES300H on Valentine's Day. While it's called Fire Agate, it looks like milk chocolate to me!
Tan interior with bamboo
Navigation
Blind Spot monitor w rear cross traffic alert
Park Assist
Rain sensing wipers
Heated wood and leather steering wheel
and so much more! I love it.

However, I was told I could receive my text messages through the car and cannot figure it out. Any help? Otherwise, I am going "car school" on Sat.
Old 02-28-13, 10:29 AM
KennyLexus
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lkenn1410
Picked up my new ES300H on Valentine's Day. While it's called Fire Agate, it looks like milk chocolate to me!
Tan interior with bamboo
Navigation
Blind Spot monitor w rear cross traffic alert
Park Assist
Rain sensing wipers
Heated wood and leather steering wheel
and so much more! I love it.

However, I was told I could receive my text messages through the car and cannot figure it out. Any help? Otherwise, I am going "car school" on Sat.
Congratulations! You will enjoy the car especially the smooth, quite ride.

I saw the Fire Agate at my dealership before I ordered my car. It's a unique color. I almost chose your color combination for my special order before finally deciding on the Starfire White.
Old 03-08-13, 06:50 AM
Mcalpins
Driver School Candidate

Default Nuluxe seating

I am a new owner of a black ES350 2013. The interior is also black. I am trying to get a good answer about our seats. I have the window sticker and it states the NuLuxe seating. However, I have the Luxury Package which states I have perforated leather-trimmed interior, Heated and ventilated seats. Our salesman has told me the seats are leather on this car. I called the 800 number for Lexus customer service twice and they tell me the seats are leather. I do not see anywhere where it states I have leather seating.

Please help.
Old 03-08-13, 09:49 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcalpins
I am a new owner of a black ES350 2013. The interior is also black. I am trying to get a good answer about our seats. I have the window sticker and it states the NuLuxe seating. However, I have the Luxury Package which states I have perforated leather-trimmed interior, Heated and ventilated seats. Our salesman has told me the seats are leather on this car. I called the 800 number for Lexus customer service twice and they tell me the seats are leather. I do not see anywhere where it states I have leather seating.

Please help.
Leather-trimmed seats. Meaning part of the seats are leather. Most likely just the perforated area.
Old 03-08-13, 11:16 AM
KennyLexus
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mcalpins

Please help.
From what I understand, there are (3) types of seats offered in the '13 ES. 1) Nuluxe 2) Leather-trimmed...as stated earlier, the perforated part & or other areas. 3) Semi-aniline (which I have)...these seats are all leather and perforated. They're supposed to be processed to where the color is through and through the whole seat.

My guess is you have the Leather-trimmed perforated seats. These seats are fine. I had them in my '11 ES; it was also black on black.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 6th Gen ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!