ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 6th Gen ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Old 01-28-14, 06:40 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 172 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by cmark8
Hello Everyone, my name is Charles and I'm from Sao Paulo, Brazil. I just purchased a new 2013 ES 350 last Friday (Nebula Gray, black leather interior, with all the options other than 18" alloys, Lane Departure, Panoramic Roof and Mark Levinson, as they're not available here in Brazil). I'll be sending the car to an armoring company (http://bssblindagens.com.br/) this week to get a Level NIJ IIIA armoring done. The process will take approximately 20-30 days, and hopefully I'll be posting more in the forum as soon as I get the car in my hands.

Cheers!
Congratulations and welcome to Club Lexus. Sounds like you are creating a very secure vehicle.
Old 01-31-14, 09:56 PM
dmanpizza
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 ES 300h

My car came in yesterday ahead of schedule
2014 ES 300h Nebula w/light gray interior
ML, ULP, Navi, BSM, PA
$49,427 MSRP
$44,000 Sale Price
Desmond over at Cerritos Lexus made it very easy and pleasurable.
He was able to get me the ES 350 18" wheels at a great price as well
as a full clear bra. The wheels were put on today and the clear bra will go
on early next week. Then I can pick it up and start enjoying the comfortable ride.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  6th Gen ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-image.jpg  
Old 02-04-14, 06:07 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 608 Likes on 458 Posts

Originally Posted by dmanpizza
ML, ULP, Navi, BSM, PA
$49,427 MSRP
$44,000 Sale Price
on early next week. Then I can pick it up and start enjoying the comfortable ride.
Looks good! Congrats!
Old 02-15-14, 06:38 AM
mjmj911
Driver School Candidate

Just picked up my 2014 ES350 a couple weeks ago

Starfire Pearl / Piano Black Interior W/ Birds Eye Maple
Ultra Luxury (HID Headlghts/LED Fog Lights included)
BSM W/ Rear Cross Traffic Alert
18" Wheels
LDA W/ Intelligent High Beams
ML Audio/NAV
One Touch Power Trunk
Intuitive Parking Assist
PCS W/ Radar Cruise
Rain Sensing Wipers W/ Deicer
Wood & Leather Shift ****/Heated Steering Wheel
Accy Pkg: Trunk Mat, Cargo Net & Wheels Locks

I just found out after buying an LED fog light kit (2500K) when I was in Japan that the Ultra Luxury also comes with LED factory Fog lights!
Old 02-18-14, 12:57 PM
Destec
Driver School Candidate

Cool 2014 Lexus My December to Remember

Hi friends,

I had a real Dec to remember event - received a Lexus ES 350, Nebula Grey, Parchment interior w/ luxury pkg! I also opted for the 18" wheels and a rear spoiler - definitely a refined kind of sportiness.This is without a doubt the best automobile I have ever owned!@ . . and I have had quite a few cars of all varieties in my soon to be 67 years of life! I have been "car crazy" since about the age of 10. I'm looking forward to our first long trip next week from my home in Nashville to Burke, VA.

I look forward from hearing stories from fellow owners.

Dave
Old 02-24-14, 05:14 PM
renegad44
Driver School Candidate

ML, ULP, Navi, BSM, PA
$49,427 MSRP
$44,000 Sale Price
Really nice, congratulations !!! ..

Last edited by renegad44; 02-25-14 at 08:45 PM.
Old 03-01-14, 11:37 PM
SLH
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I traded in my 2008 Camry hybrid. It passed 100k miles, and was beginning to have some issues. The biggest issue was that the dash board was beginning to melt. Other than that, I would probably have just done the 100k service, changed the struts, and kept it.

My 2014 ES300h arrived last Wednesday:
Matador red, with parchment interior.
Ultra-luxury package, pretty well loaded.
I did not get the pre-collision, radar cruise, lane-departure, remote start, or glass roof.

I don't trust the radar features yet. Maybe on the next car, after they get the kinks worked out of the system.
Old 03-03-14, 10:40 AM
Ronman15
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SLH
I traded in my 2008 Camry hybrid. It passed 100k miles, and was beginning to have some issues. The biggest issue was that the dash board was beginning to melt. Other than that, I would probably have just done the 100k service, changed the struts, and kept it.

My 2014 ES300h arrived last Wednesday:
Matador red, with parchment interior.
Ultra-luxury package, pretty well loaded.
I did not get the pre-collision, radar cruise, lane-departure, remote start, or glass roof.

I don't trust the radar features yet. Maybe on the next car, after they get the kinks worked out of the system.
i have 2013 es300h. What do you mean MELT
Old 03-03-14, 02:56 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,497 Likes on 1,800 Posts

Bear in mind that Toyota's laser/radar cruise feature has been around since 2001...the kinks are worked out.
Old 03-17-14, 11:18 AM
jeffgdula
Driver School Candidate

ML, ULP, Navi, BSM, PA
$49,427 MSRP
$44,000 Sale Price
Looking good. I was considering putting a pair of those wheels on as well. Would you mind sharing how much the dealer charged?

Did they take your OEM wheels/tires in trade? And lastly, did it require any reprogramming for the speed/odometer?
Old 03-21-14, 10:21 AM
gpreston24
5th Gear

Default New ES300H!!

Hello Everyone,

One week ago today, I picked up my 2014 ES300H, and just wanted to share with you how happy I am with this car. I had been driving a 2010 Camry Hybrid and was less than thrilled with it, but THIS is a totally different story! Specs:
Exterior: Silver Lining Metallic
Interior: Gray leather
Options:
Blind Spot Monitor
HID headlamps
Power rear sunshade
Luxury package
HDD nav. system
Intuitive parking assist
Rain-sensing wipers
Bamboo & leather trimmed steering wheel
Trunk mat, cargo net, whl locks & rear bumper applique

My other car is a 2003 LS430 with less than 40,000 miles that's mainly driven by my wife, and we both love it. But the bells and whistles on the newer cars are so much better, I have an idea we may be getting a new(er) LS within the year.

I don't understand why some of the advanced safety features (such as pre-collision alert and lane departure alert) are so hard to find. In our area, the only way to get them is by special order.

We have lived in Sarasota, Florida, since we both retired and moved here from Dallas, Texas, about 12 years ago. So now we not only love where we live, but we also have a brand-new ES300H that would make anyone happy!

Gerry
Old 03-22-14, 02:41 PM
CeruleanHy
Driver School Candidate

Hello, all. I am reintroducing myself. Last August, I bought a 2013 es300h. Last week someone made a left turn right in front of my car on a highway and sent that car into auto heaven (fortunately, all the air bags worked as well as the road service--firemen and police were there within fifteen minutes!)

I just replaced my car today (my insurance gave me a nice total loss offer Thursday)-- practically the same car only it is a 2014 model (brand new). I have a couple of questions. The dashboard is giving me "Cruising range" instead of Miles Per Gallon. Also, the map seems to be on my screen consistently (or if I make an audio selection goes back to map after 30 seconds). I'll be reading my manual, of course.

How do you get the dashboard to read Miles Per Gallon? And how do you have it so the navigation screen does not always default to map?

On my new car I noticed an even smoother ride than I had on my previous car. Maybe because this one has Michelin tires? (The other had that other brand). Anyway, I'm just glad all is restored and I'm back in my potential "10 year plan of ownership" for this vehicle.
Old 03-22-14, 04:38 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by CeruleanHy

How do you get the dashboard to read Miles Per Gallon? And how do you have it so the navigation screen does not always default to map?
If you repeatedly press the display button on the right side of the steering wheel, with each press of that button, it will cycle through displaying various information, including mpg, mpg since last fill-up, cruising range, elapsed time, and tire pressure. Also, one of the choices in that cycle is a set up menu, which gives you several choices as to which information is always displayed and which information is displayed only as you cycle through the various choices with repeated presses of the display button.

And how do you have it so the navigation screen does not always default to map?
I'm not sure that I fully understand what you want it to do, but, if you open the menu on the screen and select "general settings", there are several options related to how the screen operates.

On my new car I noticed an even smoother ride than I had on my previous car. Maybe because this one has Michelin tires? (The other had that other brand). Anyway, I'm just glad all is restored and I'm back in my potential "10 year plan of ownership" for this vehicle.
Many have reported that they perceive a difference in ride quality with the Michilin tires. Probably a greater difference, however, comes from how the tires are inflated. If the tires are at 33 psi or higher, ride quality will be very different from what it would be with the tires at, say, 30 or 31 psi. Also, cars with 18 inch wheels will have a considerably firmer ride quality than those with 17 inch wheels.
Old 03-24-14, 06:10 AM
gpreston24
5th Gear

Cerulean,

Glad you liked the 2013 ES300h well enough that you replaced it with the 2014 version! Also, after reading various posts about tires, I had expected to be driving on Bridgestone tires. I was a happy camper when I looked at the tires after getting the car home and found that they were Michelins! And one feature I really love is the tire pressure readout you can call up on the display that gives the psi on all four of the tires.

As for the map display, on my 2014 I usually like having the map on all the time. If I adjust the radio, the audio display page typically stays on, but one push of the handy little map button immediately brings up the map.

Another feature I love, which probably seems routine to you by now, is the rear cross-traffic alert. In my previous car I had one parking lot backing-up accident that I'm certain would have been avoided if I'd had that feature.

Enjoy your new car!!

Gerry
Old 03-26-14, 09:46 AM
corabethma
3rd Gear

Hi all,

2014 Lexus ES350 with navigation/audio and super premium package. It's nebula gray pearl and black leather with Expresso Bird's Eye Maple. I've had it for about three weeks and love 95% of everything about it. Smooth ride,roomy for my tall family, comfortable. The clock location and color is a nuisance but a minor one. I'm very disappointed in the navigation system. My old $120 Garmin had more useful features. I will be poking around this site for some help on that front!

I think I got a very good deal on it. They took 11% off sticker. It paid to go to the dealership toward the end of the month.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 6th Gen ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!