ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 6th Gen ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-13, 05:32 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 614 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by atoyota
I've been drinving my ES300h for about 2 weeks now.Starfire Pear with black interior . Ultra Lux package. I traded in my 2009 Camry Hybrid so the hybrid powertrain is not new to me. I love the technology and I measure performance on a different set of dials.

I wanted a Lexus when I bought the Camry but they didn't have a hybrid power train for the ES then. I had every option available at that time in the Camry and as much as I loved it, the Lexus is a big upgrade.

Welcome and congrats on the new ES! You're off to a good start here by showing pic's for us.
Old 07-22-13, 05:34 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bonaventia
Hello

Picked my Lexus ES300h 2013 almost 2 weeks ago, and haven't stopped to the gas station yet. Smooth drive and very luxurious.
It's light gray with black int and light gray, almost white seats.
I didn't get a manual with it, I'll have to check back to the dealer for that. I would like to know if these cars have a GPS locator in the event they are stolen.
Welcome! You're in the Bahamas? Is your steering wheel on the right? We need pic's!
Old 07-22-13, 12:43 PM
atoyota
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by KennyLexus
Congratulations!! atoyota

And welcome to the club. I see you wasted no time getting your windows tinted.
Thanks for the welcome. Actually I haven't had the windows tinted yet. The windows come with a slight tint to them and the rear window has automatic shade and the rear side windows have manual shades. The dealer said they could add tint if I decide I want it. Houston heat/sun may make it necessary but I thought I would see how this summer plays out with the way the car came.
Old 07-22-13, 12:52 PM
atoyota
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
congratz... nice car you have there. i have a question for you. You have the UL package, looks like you're missing a glass roof, which is part of the UL package. i'm still trying to figure out why the 300H has a trunk spoiler and the 350 does not.
Thanks - don't know about the glass roof. I didn't think it was available on the hybrid - I could be wrong. The window slip said ultra luxury package, but I did not tick off the items on the window with the Lexus website. The only options I know of that aren't included on my car are the dynamic cruise control and lane departure warning. I would have had to wait 4-6 months and I decided I did not care about those two as most of my driving is city/urban driving and I don't use the cruise very much at all. I do like the blind side monitoring and the parking assist though. I can post the vehicle info sheet if you're interested. I need to mark out the vin number though.
Old 07-22-13, 12:54 PM
atoyota
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mike728
Welcome and congrats on the new ES! You're off to a good start here by showing pic's for us.
Thanks for the welcome. I had the pics handy so was happy to share my new precious.
Old 07-31-13, 07:33 AM
ravenjt42
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jason
ES350
Black on Black
Ultra Luxury with Nav/ML
Blind Spot
HID Lights
Parking Assist
Trunk closer
Heated Steering
Rain Sensing Wipers
18" Liquid Graphite Wheels

Old 07-31-13, 09:36 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

Sweet, congratulations on your new car.
Old 07-31-13, 11:17 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Congrats, and enjoy your new ride!
Old 08-02-13, 08:32 AM
chileboy
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi everyone, first post here.

Actually picked up my new 2013 350ES a few weeks back, in PA - I live in NJ but work in PA and the dealer is right down the road. The car is registered in my company's name, so it has PA tag on the rear and I don't have to mount one on the front, so it's still unmarred!

Anyway:
  • Nebula Gray Pearl
  • Black interior, Light Gray Semi-Aniline Leather with Espresso Bird's Eye Maple
  • Ultra-Luxury Package
  • 18" Liquid Graphite Rims w/ wheel locks
  • Cargo net, etc. - not 100% sure what other options are simply part of the UL package

Before this I drove a 2002 ES350, Black Garnet Pearl that I loved - drove it for nearly 12 years and over 300K (yes, that far) and it still looks great. The fiancee is driving that now.

Took awhile to get used to the feel after spending so much time in the 2002, but totally comfortable with it now and loving it.

- Mark

Last edited by chileboy; 08-02-13 at 08:39 AM.
Old 08-02-13, 08:50 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

Congratulations on your new ride chileboy.
Old 08-04-13, 11:57 AM
KennyLexus
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

chile boy,

Glad to hear you got over 300,000 miles on your last Lexus. I hope you get as many miles on this one. Congratulations and welcome to the club.
Old 08-09-13, 01:00 PM
fibromd
Driver School Candidate

Picking up my Matador Red Mica / Parchment interior 2013 ES 300h today at Lexus of Nashville in Cool Springs. Had an awesome buying experience with Steve Iler, would highly recommend working with him. I was trying to find a car with radar cruise but there are very few. I spoke with the Lexus dealer in Lexington who lied to me and said they had one "in the pipeline". Turns out they wanted to charge me $3600 to drive it from Colorado. Didn't want to wait to special order so purchased one off the lot for $500 under invoice. I'm very happy.
Old 08-11-13, 01:01 AM
CeruleanHy
Driver School Candidate

Hi, I am a community college librarian from the East Bay, California. Inherited my father's RX400h two years ago with about 145,000 miles and now reached 170,000 miles and with an interest in a key apartment building property now sold, decided it was time to get a new car, and after being spoiled with the luxury features, opted to get the ES300h in Cerulean Blue (color not widely available in my area but they got one for me in 15 days). I will be happy to report my adventures with my new car in the coming days. I love it. I am using the navigation system and playing around with what they call a Mouse but probably is more like a Think Pad. I have to keep reminding myself I no longer have a touchscreen. Look forward to hearing of other's adventures as well as my own. With freeway traffic to work five days a week and sometimes visiting family in Southern California I look forward to a comfortable and enjoyable time in the coming years.

What I'm enjoying already-- the bamboo steering wheel-- looks so fancy but yet so comfortable to steer with. Already enjoying the higher bars than I had before on mileage and so far, the gas gage seems to be stuck on Full! The seating is very comfortable. Love the power trunk door. Somehow the audio system needs to learn that I say yes, I'm saying yes. Bluetooth seems to be working better. Wow, how fairly quickly and everything syncs from my android phone and I love the displays from my Ipod! The blind spot checker is wonderful-- granted I don't have as big of a blind spot when changing lanes as I did with my RX400h. Yeah, I had to sacrifice trunk space but the spacious backseat will help with storage when say I'm visiting my family and my mother gives me care packages aplenty for my return trip. When I'm driving with other colleagues or friends or volunteers I love the space in the backseat so no one will be cramped.

I got the HD radio and seen people unhappy with it. Sounds fine to me. Maybe some of the kinks have been resolved by the time I got it. I think they did give me Bridgestones but they seem to be fine, and next time around I'll do my research for the best tires in general for my type of hybrid (I'm a librarian, so that's what I do ).

Anyway, sorry for rambling? Can't you see I'm enjoying my new vehicle?
Old 08-11-13, 05:28 AM
coach1
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My nickname is Coach (a waterski thing), retired out of Northern Calif., spent some time in Fl, now live in South Carolina. I joined this club a few years ago when I own a SC430. We were ready for a sedan more than a convertible, thou I since picked up an older Corvette......2012 was when I went looking. I did not like the 2012 ES350 at all, especially the interior and mistakenly ended up with an A4 Audi....and what a mistake it was.

We have had this 2013 ES350 now for 4 months. I needn't post pictures because you have already seen many silver w/black interior, w/luxury navigation package . I had such a good experience with SC I have no doubt we will have this car for a very long time. I also had a great buying experience with Lexus, I went the no-hassel internet route and have no complaints, and for driving a few miles out of the way I was treated to a steak & lobster dinner.
Old 08-13-13, 03:13 PM
frstrtdmac
Driver School Candidate

New Owner here!!
Es 300h Silver, Nav, And finally new wheels and Tires!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 6th Gen ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!