ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Next-Gen Lexus ES (ES350 and ES300h confirmed)

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-12, 01:14 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
So, I hear today that the next gen Avalon will have a hybrid feature and make 30/38 MPG. With the ES getting bigger and now offering a hybrid option, I think the ES will now be Avalon based. Built in US as well.

Anyone agree?
Nope, do not agree. And BNR is correct that the Avalon and Camry/ES all share common architectures already. I love your "I hear..." comments
Old 01-16-12, 02:37 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

So, I hear today that the next gen Avalon will have a hybrid feature and make 30/38 MPG. With the ES getting bigger and now offering a hybrid option, I think the ES will now be Avalon based. Built in US as well.

Anyone agree?
ES and avalon are BOTH already based on the camry platform ... so nothing will be changing.

And No, I don't agree it is will be built in the US

Originally Posted by BNR34
Avalon, ES, RX, Venza..............all V6 FWD Toyotas are all based on the Camry architecture since the beginning of times, as far as I can remember..................
^Yup!

Originally Posted by pbm317
Nope, do not agree. And BNR is correct that the Avalon and Camry/ES all share common architectures already. I love your "I hear..." comments
Me too... makes me lol.
Old 01-16-12, 02:55 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Trexus
Yes, that wouldn't be a bad idea. It would give more job to the U.S. folks and it would help the economy because those ES models made here will also be sold here. Helps the economy in two ways.

Most likely though the ES would be built in Canada if Lexus so decides.

Can't wait to see the 6ES...I'm thinking:

ES 250 (China)
ES 300h
ES 350
quite likely in Canada... but also it doesnt have to be built tomorrow, but it could be in a year or two.

toyota is heavily investing in its ontario plant, with canada giving them $150 million to improve the plants... to me that means export of rav4 and rx worldwide.
Old 01-16-12, 09:07 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

I can't wait to see this car.
Old 01-16-12, 09:53 PM
Trexus
Forum Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

I have a feeling this might be the 6ES...only Lexus knows and a few CL members.

Old 01-16-12, 09:57 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
With this ES you have to be a complete buffoon to throw the word "Camry" out there.
Enough people actually do it, though.

That's why one has to go look at a car, and drive it, before making any real conclusions.
Old 01-16-12, 10:12 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Rumormill: Next-Gen Lexus ES Will Make Buick LaCrosse “Laughable”

Something interesting happened during a recent conversation we had with a well-connected auto industry executive. As our light-hearted conversation turned to General Motors, the exec said that Lexus’ upcoming ES luxury sedan will make the Buick LaCrosse “laughable” as a luxury vehicle. For the uninitiated, this is significant, as the ES is the LaCrosse’s most direct rival.
I'm somewhat late to this thread, but I want to respond to this opening-comment in the article, though.

The current LaCrosse, I'll admit, has a lot of typical GM cheap-plastic and cheap-hardware in its interior, and flimsy some wood/chrome-coated plastic for glitz, but, otherwise, IMO, is anything BUT laughble. Its chassis is superb, offering a reasonably-supple ride with quick steering response (something older Buicks almost never had), little body-lean, and an almost BMW-feel to the steering (yes, in a Buick). In addition, the current LaCrosse offers something that, IMO, the ES should have gotten years ago and still doesn't have (an AWD option).....though, to be fair, Buick does not do as reliable an AWD system as Lexus. The ES, despite Buick's "Quiet Tuning", though, does seem to ride a little quieter than the LaCrosse, especially four-cylinder LaCrosse models.

But, oddly, most of the interior/hardware cheapness problems in the LaCrosse seem to have been addressed by its new smaller-brother Verano. The Verano, IMO, has a noticeably better, higher-quality interior and door/sheet-metal-solidness than the LaCrosse, though it can't equal the LaCrosse's more-supple-ride. Still, the Verano is a nice enough compact that I'm considering one myself.

Last edited by mmarshall; 01-16-12 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-16-12, 10:14 PM
LexusMan77
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trexus
I have a feeling this might be the 6ES...only Lexus knows and a few CL members.

If this is the new ES then it would make sense because reports have been saying that it will be like a "baby LS." You can see the LS similarities from the taillights to the rear door windows.

Old 01-16-12, 11:25 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that picture is the LS, maybe just a slight update. Donno, could be ES- looks like the rear is a bit wider, and a little bump-spoiler on the trunk lid.
Old 01-17-12, 03:47 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexusMan77
If this is the new ES then it would make sense because reports have been saying that it will be like a "baby LS." You can see the LS similarities from the taillights to the rear door windows.

The current generation ES has always been called the "baby LS".
Old 01-17-12, 09:47 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

I wouldn't call the ES350 a "baby LS". Its far from it. While the ES is great car, its still Camry based and nowhere near the design of an LS.
Old 01-17-12, 09:50 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I wouldn't call the ES350 a "baby LS". Its far from it. While the ES is great car, its still Camry based and nowhere near the design of an LS.
The smooth and quiet ride is very close to that of a LS460.
The new generation ES is said to be the quietest Lexus ever and probably will be based on the Camry.
Old 01-17-12, 10:01 AM
LexFather

The ES has been called a "baby LS" for sometime now. Lexus even compared this generation to the first generation explaining how it passed the first LS in many different areas.

We all know its Camry based, how many times are you going to type that out?
Old 01-17-12, 10:03 AM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The current ES already looks like a baby LS. The next ES will look like a baby LS compared to the next LS.
Old 01-17-12, 10:05 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joeb427
The smooth and quiet ride is very close to that of a LS460.
The new generation ES is said to be the quietest Lexus ever and probably will be based on the Camry.
The current LS, even under acceleration, is (arguably) the quietest car I've ever sampled (perhaps only equaled by the massive late 60s-late 70s Lincoln Continentals). I don't want to sound too skeptical, but I'll believe they can make an ES ride quieter than an LS when I see it......or rather, hear it.

Quick Reply: Next-Gen Lexus ES (ES350 and ES300h confirmed)