ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Next-Gen Lexus ES (ES350 and ES300h confirmed)

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-12, 01:24 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
GS and RX seem to be the exception. IS and CT are completely appearance packages
Yes they are, but IS suspension has been tuned like 2 times already. I don't see why they would do it again for the 3rd time. LOL CT F sport is a let down. However, 5 series M package is not any better. It's also an appearance package with a claim, a slightly stiffer suspension. I don't think slightly tuning the suspension makes a big difference for a car this size.
Old 04-18-12, 01:32 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by cino
Not sure what you mean by "The S Line and M have upgrades for performance rather than some F-Sport badges and trim."

RX F sport has AWD and 8 speed with paddle shifters. I don't know if you understand about the benefit of more gear or not, but 8 speed is a nice feature. Both GS and RX have better suspension tuning. Didn't GS just beat 5 series and A6? in MT comparison test for better handling? LOL how is that S and M package better?
Are the paddles a true shifter like in the IS-F?
I don't think so.Paddle shifters are a gimmick in the IS and RX.
Yes,the suspension may be 'sport tuned'.
The RX probably has the sport pkg suspension it had for a bit lower stance and a bit better handling with the rougher ride quality,
The F-Sport performance items are F-Sport intake and filter,springs,shocks,exhaust,big brake kit,sway bars ...
I don't know what items are on the GS or RX but the IS F-Sport option has none of those items in the F-Sports option.
The IS has cosmetic trim and a 1/2" lower stance with it's minor suspension tuning.

I'm talking about the S4 and BMW M car,not the package.

Last edited by Joeb427; 04-18-12 at 01:38 PM.
Old 04-18-12, 01:50 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joeb427
The RX probably has the sport pkg suspension it had for a bit lower stance and a bit better handling with the rougher ride quality,
The F-Sport performance items are F-Sport intake and filter,springs,shocks,exhaust,big brake kit,sway bars ...
I don't know what items are on the GS or RX but the IS F-Sport option has none of those items in the F-Sports option.
The IS has cosmetic trim and a 1/2" lower stance with it's minor suspension tuning.

You know why WRX STI doesn't use STI accessories? M car doesn't use M package accessories?
I leave it for you to answer.
Old 04-18-12, 01:50 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

You're confusing the F-Sport accessories with the F-Sport package. F-Sport accessories are nothing more than dealer-installed, 3rd-party accessories with the F-Sport badge tacked-on, whereas the F-Sport package is built with the car at the Toyota/Lexus plants. You don't see any "performance" items in any of the M-Sport, AMG-Sport, S-line packages either, and you won't see any in the F-Sport package.
Old 04-18-12, 01:54 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ydooby
You're confusing the F-Sport accessories with the F-Sport package. F-Sport accessories are nothing more than dealer-installed, 3rd-party accessories with the F-Sport badge tacked-on, whereas the F-Sport package is built with the car at the Toyota/Lexus plants. You don't see any "performance" items in any of the M-Sport, AMG-Sport, S-line packages either, and you won't see any in the F-Sport package.
That's true.
Funny how the accessory line has the same F-Sport name.
However,those accessories do add performance.
Funny thing is I know someone who was interested in buying the IS 350 F-sport and actually thought those accessories are in the F-sport pkg.
I wonder how many others think so too.
Old 04-18-12, 01:55 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by cino
You know why WRX STI doesn't use STI accessories? M car doesn't use M package accessories?
I leave it for you to answer.
I don't know.
More weight?

I just checked and the new GS has a couple of performance items inthe F-sport pkg.
F SPORT tuned Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) with electronically controlled shock absorbers; Variable Gear-Ratio Steering (VGRS); 14.0" two-piece front brake rotors with monoblock four-block calipers.
The F -Sport pkg is a $5700 option..

Last edited by Joeb427; 04-18-12 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-18-12, 02:00 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ydooby
Now I don't have him to answer the question.

All accessories that are dealer installed, either made by aftermarket or in-house tuner to meet the standard of in-house tuning like F sport, M package, STI and as such. In the F sport case, accessories were made by either aftermarket to meet (USA?) TRD standard or USA TRD itself.
The real packages are likely made by Toyota/Lexus with help of the in-house tuner, or without any help at all. Since Lexus is made in Japan, the F sport package is either developed and tested by Lexus (with help of TRD Japan or NOT).
Old 04-18-12, 02:04 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

I don't know.
More weight?

I just checked and the new GS has a couple of performance items inthe F-sport pkg.
F SPORT tuned Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) with electronically controlled shock absorbers; Variable Gear-Ratio Steering (VGRS); 14.0" two-piece front brake rotors with monoblock four-block calipers.
The F -Sport pkg is a $5700 option..
Accessories sold by dealers are rebranded aftermarket with factory warranty, that's all. I would better off buying aftermarket and save money.
Old 05-01-12, 09:21 PM
LexFather

With the ES landing Aug/Sept it will give Lexus the bump it needs to get over the flat sales they have due to the new GS helping out this year.

Next year with a still fresh GS, new ES and then new releases things look to be bright sales wise.
Old 05-01-12, 10:04 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

F-Sport accessories have nothing to do with F-Sport packages nor does IS F-Sport has anything to do with IS-F just like Audi A4 S-Line doesnt have much to do with S4.

RX-F probably has 8 speed similar to IS-F, it has performance dampers and sport suspension, as well as appearance package.

I hope we get ES F-Sport, even if it is just the appearance packge with nothing else changed at all.
Old 05-02-12, 07:42 AM
LexFather

Yeah people buy sport packages many times for the looks...its smart to add it to anything.
Old 05-04-12, 08:19 AM
LexFather

Has the size of the ESh gas tank been stated? I can't find it. The GSh seems to have a 17 cube or so tank so the range is now good for 500 miles. If the ESh gets at least a 15 gallon tank that would be around a 600 mile range..anything bigger would be a huge plus.
Old 05-04-12, 10:07 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

if it any indication, the new camry hybrid as a 17.0 cu tank
Old 05-30-12, 09:34 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.insideline.com/lexus/es-3...rst-drive.html
Old 05-30-12, 09:58 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

The production car shown here isn't as impressive as the highlighted file car we saw a few months ago. With the basic 17" rims, wheel gap, flamboyant front bumper, and black plastic rear bumper trim, the car looks cheaper and less sophisticated. Also not hot on the wall of a dashboard. There is no grace or class there at all.
I'm sure it will sell well though. It still has a good overall shape and high credentials, especially those hybrid numbers.
Question, does the hybrid get a manual shifting option?

Last edited by Fizzboy7; 05-30-12 at 10:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Next-Gen Lexus ES (ES350 and ES300h confirmed)