ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Next-Gen Lexus ES (ES350 and ES300h confirmed)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-12, 08:27 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Kudos to Lexus if they do decide to make an F Sport ES.

I'm not sure if there is much of a market out there for one, but you never know unless you try. It probably doesn't cost much to do it, which would lower the risk for them.
Old 04-15-12, 09:07 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

Its possible that an F-sport ES might work, my hunch is that it won't. Although Lexus is making an F Sport RX, if that does well, then maybe a ES might work.
Old 04-15-12, 09:10 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Kudos to Lexus if they do decide to make an F Sport ES.

I'm not sure if there is much of a market out there for one, but you never know unless you try. It probably doesn't cost much to do it, which would lower the risk for them.
i think people are taking this too seriously... every Toyota vehicle out there has TRD springs, mufflers, sways, etc, etc, for it... so whats wrong with more aggressive bumper, slightly stiffer suspension and bigger wheel/tire package as well as unique color interior.

I would get one.
Old 04-15-12, 09:34 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I can't see a ES F-Sport selling well.
Heck,I can't see a RX F-Sport selling well too.
Old 04-15-12, 10:40 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by spwolf
i think people are taking this too seriously... every Toyota vehicle out there has TRD springs, mufflers, sways, etc, etc, for it... so whats wrong with more aggressive bumper, slightly stiffer suspension and bigger wheel/tire package as well as unique color interior.

I would get one.
With the average age of new ES buyers around 60, it just doesn't sound like something that would have wide appeal. But certainly can't hurt to try. Might help to bring down that average age a bit.
Old 04-15-12, 11:05 AM
RXSF
Forum Moderator

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

we have to realize even though the average age of the ES buyer is high, most people do not do research and know what they want.

They just walk into the dealer and the salesman may show them an f sport model without them actually knowing that it is a sportier version. They may just like the contrast white stitching on the seats, or perhaps a different interior color choice.
Old 04-15-12, 12:30 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

With the average age of new ES buyers around 60, it just doesn't sound like something that would have wide appeal. But certainly can't hurt to try. Might help to bring down that average age a bit.
so was Camry's, and now half of their sales is Camry SE with median age of 45...
Old 04-15-12, 07:14 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think Lexus will do a F sport model because the ES buyer looks more in general for ride comfort. I also think buyers already have the choice between the IS and GS, too much overlap IMO for an ES F sport, which would cause competition between brands, not a good scenario. Lexus knows who buys the ES and they are not looking to round a curve at 40 mph, same for the GS. two different 'breeds' I believe Lexus will push more on the side of hybrid technologhy and will probably only 'tweak', the suspension as it's done with this ES, while maintaning that smooth ride it's known for, but three different ES's, F sport, hybrid and gas?, Not a chance IMO.
Old 04-15-12, 07:31 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexPaul
I don't think Lexus will do a F sport model because the ES buyer looks more in general for ride comfort. I also think buyers already have the choice between the IS and GS, too much overlap IMO for an ES F sport, which would cause competition between brands, not a good scenario. Lexus knows who buys the ES and they are not looking to round a curve at 40 mph, same for the GS. two different 'breeds' I believe Lexus will push more on the side of hybrid technologhy and will probably only 'tweak', the suspension as it's done with this ES, while maintaning that smooth ride it's known for, but three different ES's, F sport, hybrid and gas?, Not a chance IMO.
Camry SE drivers are corner carvers? :-).

How in the world would ES F-Sport and GS F-Sport compete? Not even in video games.
Old 04-15-12, 07:34 PM
xioix
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
Camry SE drivers are corner carvers? :-).

How in the world would ES F-Sport and GS F-Sport compete? Not even in video games.
If the ES F sport can handle and driver like a TL-S, than the extra cost of a GS F sport (even though it would be a lot better car) might not be worth it to enough people
Old 04-15-12, 07:54 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by xioix
If the ES F sport can handle and driver like a TL-S, than the extra cost of a GS F sport (even though it would be a lot better car) might not be worth it to enough people
it wont and it is fwd... different galaxy.
Old 04-16-12, 04:59 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexPaul

Count me in as one.Ride comfort is the reason I bought an ES.
My '12 is my second ES and I buy an ES for the soft pillow ride and quiet.I don't care about handling.
I've driven the new Camry XLE hybrid and it handles better but the ride was not as quiet and rougher than the '11 model I owned.Very disappointing.
The new ES is said to have much better handling.I know it will have a quiet ride but will the ride me stiffer?It has to be with the better handling.
Old 04-16-12, 06:45 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joeb427

Count me in as one.Ride comfort is the reason I bought an ES.
My '12 is my second ES and I buy an ES for the soft pillow ride and quiet.I don't care about handling.
I've driven the new Camry XLE hybrid and it handles better but the ride was not as quiet and rougher than the '11 model I owned.Very disappointing.
The new ES is said to have much better handling.I know it will have a quiet ride but will the ride me stiffer?It has to be with the better handling.
I think most of us bought ES350's for the same reasons and we're probably pretty typcial of the ES buyers. For improved steering and handling you have the IS and GS if you want to remain with Lexus.
Old 04-16-12, 07:16 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

I think most of us bought ES350's for the same reasons and we're probably pretty typcial of the ES buyers. For improved steering and handling you have the IS and GS if you want to remain with Lexus.
I even changed the new oem tires to 225/55-17 'H' rated Michelin Primacy MXV4's for a even quieter and softer ride.
That's how much ride quality means to me.
Old 04-16-12, 10:46 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

i dont get why people dont like options... ok, so you bought ES because of that... a thousands of others DIDNT buy ES because it was too comfy and wallowy.

So does anyone get hurt if they actually offer the option?

As I said, Camry SE completely changed Camry audience and improved sales. Why wouldnt it work for ES? And would having an option F-Sport actually make you not buy regular comfy ES?

Last edited by spwolf; 04-16-12 at 10:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Next-Gen Lexus ES (ES350 and ES300h confirmed)