ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Cell Phone Holder / Mount Suggestions (MERGED MASTER FAQ THREAD)

Old 11-25-15, 10:41 AM
aarroyo87
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cell Phone Holder / Mount Suggestions (MERGED MASTER FAQ THREAD)

Hey guys,
I'm new to the forum. I just got a 2014 Es350 and my old phone mount does not work very well. (Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices) It is the type that inserts into the CD slot. ( The problem is that the "fingers" do not go in deep enough to get a good grip on the inside of the CD slot. The trim piece prevents it from being inserted all the way.

Can you guys recommend another phone mount that you are happy with?

I've seen the types that go in the cub holder but I like having 2 cub holders in front and don't want to lose one if I can.

I've also need seen the proclip but that is $80 out the door and that is too much for me.
Old 11-29-15, 09:30 PM
aarroyo87
Driver School Candidate

Common guys. Any recommendations out there?
The following users liked this post:
Mikees350 (05-22-21)
Old 11-30-15, 05:14 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 608 Likes on 458 Posts

What do you need to mount it for?

Anyway, have you seen the discussion about this in the GS forum? LINK

Also, a DIY for the ES: LINK
Old 11-30-15, 07:02 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,227 Likes on 860 Posts

Two cup holders, one for cell phone one for cup...
Old 12-01-15, 08:34 PM
Jets
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same problem with my cd mount, slot is too deep. So I bought a magnetic mount from Amazon. This is the one I used..

Amazon.com: #1 SMART & EASY® Magnetic Cell Phone Holder| Car Cell Phone Mount| Cell Phone Holder For Home, Office, Kitchen| Installs on Any Flat Surface- Desk, Wall, or Dashboard| Luxurious and Compact - Rotates 360 Degrees: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: #1 SMART & EASY® Magnetic Cell Phone Holder| Car Cell Phone Mount| Cell Phone Holder For Home, Office, Kitchen| Installs on Any Flat Surface- Desk, Wall, or Dashboard| Luxurious and Compact - Rotates 360 Degrees: Cell Phones & Accessories

You can stick it anywhere, but what I did is I also purchased a ProClip mounting plate. Installed that on the dash near the air vent closest to the driver.

http://www.proclipusa.com/dashboard-...-350/2015.cmsv

I put the magnet ball on that plate. The disk is simply inside the case that is on my Note 5. You probably dont need the ProClip but I wanted to bring the phone a little closer to me.
Very clean look. When I have time Ill try to post a picture.

Last edited by Jets; 12-01-15 at 08:39 PM.
Old 12-01-15, 10:11 PM
dxerg3770
Rookie

I too use magnetic mounts

Amazon.com: Mpow Grip Magic 360 Degree Universal Air Vent Car Mount Holder for iPhone 6S/6 Plus/5S/5C, Galaxy Note 4/3, Galaxy S6/ S6 Edge/5/4: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Mpow Grip Magic 360 Degree Universal Air Vent Car Mount Holder for iPhone 6S/6 Plus/5S/5C, Galaxy Note 4/3, Galaxy S6/ S6 Edge/5/4: Cell Phones & Accessories

Fits perfect on the vent.
Only thing I'm worried about is prolonged use of this mount might slightly bend the vent plastic but convenience makes it worth it. Lack of storage in this car is rather disappointing but there always is a way around everything.
Old 12-07-15, 11:27 AM
1NEAT_SC
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this one mounted on my 2015 ES300h for about 6 months. It works out real well.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...one-holder.jpg

Larry
Old 12-07-15, 12:36 PM
Jets
Rookie

Does that block your view of the screen?
Old 12-09-15, 10:41 AM
1NEAT_SC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jets
Does that block your view of the screen?
If you're talking to me JETS, not at all. I have clear vision of all my instruments. I have the iPhone 5S and it works really well for me to see texts or other messages (not read). It will also fit the 6 plus, but don't know if you'll be able to see everything without moving a little to see the screen.

If you need more info let me know. I purchased it from Amazon.

Just a note, my son has a RC and he purchased the one that goes in the CD player. He had problems with it hitting buttons when he hit a rough bump. He turned it upside down and now he says it works really well. Only it does block some things i like to see...(-:

cheers,

Larry
Old 12-09-15, 01:34 PM
Jets
Rookie

Looks good.
Old 12-09-15, 01:36 PM
Jets
Rookie

Here are the pictures of my setup as I described earlier. I can rest my hand on the gear lever and touch the screen.

Last edited by Jets; 12-09-15 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-10-15, 05:13 AM
1NEAT_SC
Pole Position

Looks good there Jets. I guess anytime you add anything it just doesn't blend in to the dash instruments. I also added a dash cam and have yet to decide what to do with the USB cord. If I add anything else I'm going to get my pilots license...(-:

Thanks for the idea(s)

Larry
Old 12-10-15, 07:26 AM
Jets
Rookie

I am thinking of getting a dash cam too , the attach to mirror type. There should be a way to tap into the wiring at the mirror like some radar detectors do.
Old 12-10-15, 08:41 AM
1NEAT_SC
Pole Position

I purchased the zBlackBox-HDi from Zetronix. I don't know how it rates with other types i.e. Go Pro etc, but it has everything I was looking for. It's more of a novelty than anything. I've had it for a while and the usefulness has yet to be determined. Simple to use and is not any trouble so why not?....(haha) with the 64GB San Disk and the ability to overwrite makes it almost maintenance free...

I haven't seen anything about if anyone has used the wiring for the rear view mirror adaptable.

Larry
Old 12-18-15, 07:30 AM
Jiawa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1NEAT_SC
I have this one mounted on my 2015 ES300h for about 6 months. It works out real well.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...one-holder.jpg

Larry
I have been looking for a phone mount for my 2015 ES 350 in the last few days and this one looks good to me. I saw some reviews saying it may damage the dashboard and only recommended to mount on the windshield. I examined the area in my car this morning and noticed the place you mount this thing is actually a plastic plate. I guess that should be safe to put it there vs on the dashboard. Just want to confirm with you and see your thoughts on this. Thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cell Phone Holder / Mount Suggestions (MERGED MASTER FAQ THREAD)