ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

factory service/scheduled maintenance on CPO

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-19, 10:24 AM
newyerker
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default factory service/scheduled maintenance on CPO

I have a CPO purchased almost two years ago and the end of that 2 year/or 20k maintenance is obviously coming up.
I think I bought the car at around 40k. I have not drove it too much and it is still under 55k. I do want to bring it to the dealer to get it serviced including those scheduled maintenance.
If i recall, the 60k maintenance include all the big items with 55k one being minor tire rotation, visual inspection etc.

Would it be possible to bring my car to the dealer at around 55k and ask them to perform the 60k services?
Old 03-04-19, 12:58 PM
Maikerusan
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by newyerker
I have a CPO purchased almost two years ago and the end of that 2 year/or 20k maintenance is obviously coming up.
I think I bought the car at around 40k. I have not drove it too much and it is still under 55k. I do want to bring it to the dealer to get it serviced including those scheduled maintenance.
If i recall, the 60k maintenance include all the big items with 55k one being minor tire rotation, visual inspection etc.

Would it be possible to bring my car to the dealer at around 55k and ask them to perform the 60k services?
Of course. No dealer is going to turn down that opportunity.
Old 03-04-19, 01:36 PM
AlexNY
Pit Crew

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

you get 4 complimentary services from the CPO program.

i bought the car CPO last month, and i just scheduled my first visit for this weekend.

SCrew it, whether you need it or not it doesn't matter. they give you 4 free, so make sure to use them all before 20k miles or 2 years.
Old 03-04-19, 02:08 PM
Albo
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

I just did my 30k service. My 2nd CPO service. It took them 3.5 hours to complete. I got a 2019 es 350 f sport for a loaner. First impression, beautiful seats. They feel great. Also the infotainment screen is really nice and big. But otherwise I actually like the layout and feel of my 2015 es better. The '19 feels tighter and has less visibility out of the cabin. But back to the 30k service: They said my brakes had 5mm left which is not enough to change them because the minimum is 3mm but they did say the front brakes have a rust lip which could cause excessive pad wear. They didnt rotate my tires because they're pretty worn and I told them I would be buying new ones within the next month or two. Interestingly enough they kept the tires with better wear on the front because it's a FWD car. They left the more worn tires on the rear and I know there is another topic about this exactly being not the thing to do, but I didnt push it because again, I'm going to get a set of Pirelli P7 + soon to replace them all. Also a little annoyed that I've always kept a folded up 20$ bill in my visor area and after my service visit it's now missing. Guess they though it was a tip.
Old 03-05-19, 02:03 PM
newyerker
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Maikerusan
Of course. No dealer is going to turn down that opportunity.
Originally Posted by AlexNY
you get 4 complimentary services from the CPO program.

i bought the car CPO last month, and i just scheduled my first visit for this weekend.

SCrew it, whether you need it or not it doesn't matter. they give you 4 free, so make sure to use them all before 20k miles or 2 years.
opportunity because they may find other things they may talk me into servicing? cuz i am talking about the 4 free complimentary services AlexNY is talking about.
I'm probably going to miss on the 4th one because next month marks the 2nd year of my ownership.

So I was specifically asking if they would be willing to do the 60k service items which include some major things IRRC, when I bring it in for the 55k service.
Old 04-24-19, 07:13 AM
Hasman69
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

So I was kinda in the same boat where I bought a CPO GS350 and I normally drive around 500 miles a month and my local Lexus dealer, even though I did not buy the car from them, still honored the 4 free service visits for me and so I got my 4th service 31/2 years after buying the car so a year and a half after the CPO service warranty expired. So I think the dealers have some wiggle room there, it just depends on them if they want to honor it or not considering they would have gotten the money for the service anyways, either from me or Lexus but they chose to bill Lexus.