ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Did you buy used?? Post your Used 6th Gen ES with specs and price

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-19, 03:08 PM
AfroPoker
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike728
You're saying you have a pano roof on a hybrid? I don't thing that's possible.
Ah yes that is just normal small roof. I copied from previous post and skimmed throught it .
Old 05-20-19, 03:43 AM
tarm
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

If you purchased that 300H as a CPO as indicated and you are saying it was in an accident before you purchased it not after as I am not clear on that then they should not have ever allowed it to be CPO if there are non lexus parts used and certainly not ones that are omitted. Such as it must have the side air bags and frankly the seat belt and those type things all should have to have been working as that is even required just for basic safety inspection. Now if this was after you purchased it then no insurance companies are not required to part for OEM parts but they must meet or match OEM quialty ratings which really is BS but tech suppose to.

I do believe they are required to disclose if it was in an accident and they knew it. Frankly I am surprised as my Lexus dealer actually has you sign the Car Fax report they get on all the used vehicles they sell as well as the full service history from Lexus which helps if it was serviced at lexus and for all warranty repairs. But if not its not much help. But car fax should have shown the accident. Its hard to believe a side impact hard enough to set off the curtain air bag would not cause frame damage and that for sure is a NO GO for CPO.

300H are much harder to find at least in this area + 300 miles or I would have taken a serious look at them. Wish they adde the hybrid motor like they do on the GS models where its additive to the main normal engine and it added fuel by starting from a stop and very slow speeds. You end up with more not less power and still better mpg. Still would have considered one seriously if it was in great shape and same mileage.

Sorry yours has issues..
Old 05-20-19, 04:55 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 614 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by tarm
If you purchased that 300H as a CPO as indicated and you are saying it was in an accident before you purchased it not after as I am not clear on that then they should not have ever allowed it to be CPO if there are non lexus parts used and certainly not ones that are omitted. Such as it must have the side air bags and frankly the seat belt and those type things all should have to have been working as that is even required just for basic safety inspection. Now if this was after you purchased it then no insurance companies are not required to part for OEM parts but they must meet or match OEM quialty ratings which really is BS but tech suppose to.

I do believe they are required to disclose if it was in an accident and they knew it. Frankly I am surprised as my Lexus dealer actually has you sign the Car Fax report they get on all the used vehicles they sell as well as the full service history from Lexus which helps if it was serviced at lexus and for all warranty repairs. But if not its not much help. But car fax should have shown the accident. Its hard to believe a side impact hard enough to set off the curtain air bag would not cause frame damage and that for sure is a NO GO for CPO.

300H are much harder to find at least in this area + 300 miles or I would have taken a serious look at them. Wish they adde the hybrid motor like they do on the GS models where its additive to the main normal engine and it added fuel by starting from a stop and very slow speeds. You end up with more not less power and still better mpg. Still would have considered one seriously if it was in great shape and same mileage.

Sorry yours has issues..
He said he copied and pasted that bit from a prior post. Also, did you check his location?
Old 05-20-19, 07:51 PM
tarm
Rookie

Nope was not paying enough attention to be honest. Guess its what happen when your postin when you should be sleepin LOL
Old 05-21-19, 07:43 AM
dereknel01
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Price of Vehicle: $14,500
Date of vehicle Purchased: 5/1/2019
Model Year: 2013
My Country: USA
ES350 or 300h: ES350
Mileage: 78k
Exterior Color: MATADOR RED MICA
Interior Color: Black
Included Packages: Luxury, NAV, Blind Spot Monitor, Intuitive Parking Assist

Bought it from the original owner (70 year old man), no accidents, garage kept, very clean.
Old 05-21-19, 08:17 AM
Clemsonee
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New (to me) 2017 ES350

Price of Vehicle: $28500
Date of vehicle Purchased: March 2019
Year: 2017
350 or 300h? 350
Mileage: 29500
Lexus Certified? Yes Lexus L Certified
Interior Color: Black
Exterior Color: Caviar
Included Packages: Navigation, Premium Package, Luxury Package, 17in Split Spke alloys,
Aftermarket Ads: K&N airfilter , Weather Tech Floor Mats front and back , Weather Tech trunk mat, Infinity REF-4032cfx 4" Right, Center, Left Dash, Infinity REF-9632ix 6x9s front doors, JL Audio HO110W6 sub in the trunk, JL Audio XD600.1v2
Which Dealership: Hendrick Lexus Charleston
Zip Code: 29410
Photo:
Old 05-21-19, 02:35 PM
Hasman69
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

@ dereknel01 Congrats and Welcome !
Looks like a very clean car indeed.
Old 05-21-19, 02:38 PM
Hasman69
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

@Clemsonee Congrats and Welcome !
Looks gorgeous.
Old 05-22-19, 05:12 AM
Clemsonee
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank you. This is my third lexus.
Old 05-24-19, 07:49 PM
JackedAF
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone know if its possible to get a 2016 ES w/ luxury/ultra luxury package BUT with an all LEATHER wheel? I’m not a fan of the wood trim but want everything else in the luxury/UL packages
Old 05-25-19, 08:16 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 614 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by JackedAF
Does anyone know if its possible to get a 2016 ES w/ luxury/ultra luxury package BUT with an all LEATHER wheel? I’m not a fan of the wood trim but want everything else in the luxury/UL packages
Not from the factory, but you could always have it changed with one from a base model. I'm sure you could find someone interested in upgrading their wheel.
Old 05-25-19, 11:21 AM
tarm
Rookie

You might loose the heated option on the steering wheel as well I think. Personally in terms of use and feel (not looks per se) I prefer the wood leather combo. It gives a very nice hand placement (for me) and not as much concern of wear of the surface of the all leather from use. But then I do also like the look and solid feel of the wood with the wrapped leather joint sections as well but thats all personal preference and thus moot to anyone else.

If you had asked me prior to trying them I would have guessed I would want all leather. wrap The wear is really the only neg I have on all leather steering wheels as I keep my autos for the long term. It could be the way I grip it and my hands are not exactly baby soft but I seem to end up with heavy wear spots on the wheel after a few yrs of use.

I would have loved to get the ultra package but had no luck finding one anywhere in reasonable driving distance and a fair not even great price. They seem more rare in used lower mileage form then good deals on the 300H loaded models which were almost nil. Nothing reasonable within 300 miles of Wash DC when I was looking.
Old 05-25-19, 01:45 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by tarm

I would have loved to get the ultra package but had no luck finding one anywhere in reasonable driving distance and a fair not even great price. They seem more rare in used lower mileage form then good deals on the 300H loaded models which were almost nil. Nothing reasonable within 300 miles of Wash DC when I was looking.
The reason why it can be difficult to find a used Generation 6 ES with the Ultra Luxury Package is that there were not a large number of new Generation 6 ES with the Ultra Luxury Package built. Typically, dealers got a few of them at the very beginning of each model year. They got a few more around the middle of the model year, and they usually got a couple more at the very end of the model year. Otherwise, at most times during any Generation 6 ES model year, dealers might have one or no UL ES at all in their inventories. While ES the production lines were only rarely set up to build UL cars, Luxury Package and Premium Package cars were built in large numbers. With the smaller number of UL cars built and the smaller supply of used UL cars, the prices for used Generation 6 ES with the UL package have held up a bit better than have those with lesser packages.

It appears that, with the 2019 Generation 7 ES, the factory has been set up to build a larger number of UL ES because reports on the Generation 7 ES board would seem to indicate that buyers are having an easier time finding UL cars than they did for the 2013-2018 ES.
Old 05-25-19, 09:39 PM
tarm
Rookie

I did not know that. It makes sense and matches what I found in the used market. I always prefer the thickest top quality leather option I can get when it comes to high heavy friction use like in a car. When I was considering the Genesis I only looked at the ones with the ultra leather option. As I wanted all the bells and whistles it was narrowed to basically the Ultimate Package. If it could have the reliability of the Lexus that would be one great lux car option. I just could not get past the reliability gamble given the cost of replacement parts forget labor to install them. 8K for head-unit or a transmission, 5K for the windshield etc. Then all the issues with the pano roof. At least they issued a limited recall unlike many other manf that SHOULD be doing the same or at the very least extending the warranty to 100K 10yr on them.

These pano roofs across the whole industry have been a reliability nightmare. Knock on wood but mine seems ok as it already has 2yr and 30K on it; there is almost no noise from it and certainly far less than the sound from around door which itself is very quiet compared to most cars I've been in. I am very happy with my purchase.
Old 05-27-19, 12:09 PM
myk1013
Driver School Candidate

I’ll play. My wife wanted a second car from her 4Runner.
Will be taking her home this Wednesday!

Price of Vehicle: $21,035
Date of vehicle Purchased: 5/27/2019
Year: 2014
350 or 300h? ES350
Mileage: 23,4xx miles
Lexus Certified? No. But added extended 5 yr/70K miles warranty.
Interior Color: Parchment
Exterior Color: Starfire Pearl
Included Packages: Premium, Luxury, Mark Levinson, Power Sunshade, Power Trunk
Which Dealership: AK Guam
Zip Code:
Photo:

Last edited by myk1013; 05-27-19 at 12:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Did you buy used?? Post your Used 6th Gen ES with specs and price