20,000 mile oil change - Page 2 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

20,000 mile oil change

Old Yesterday, 11:25 AM
GES
Driver

For somebody who drives 20-30K a year, this type of oil is useful because it cuts on the number of oil changes he has to do in a year, and I don't doubt that the oil will protect the engine for that many miles or one year but still I need the car manufacturer to say it is OK, especially if the car is still under warranty.
Old Yesterday, 11:57 PM
Poppa
Lead Lap

as I stated earlier in this thread, I change my oil every 5K miles... I'm 63 ( soon to be 64 damit ) but when I was growing up and well into adult hood, people always changed their oil every 3K miles... granted that was not using a synthetic... but anyway I had my 4 runner in the shop today to get the oil changed.. I have always used Mobil 1 EP 0W-20.... I stood there and watched the oil drain from the pan and to be honest I was a little dismayed... While the oil still looked pretty good, it sure didn't look as good as I expected. After all Mobil 1 EP is a 15K mile oil and I was changing mine at 5K... sure thought with 10K miles left the oil would have been cleaner than it was... so no way would I allow my OCI to go 20K.
Old Today, 06:33 AM
Fillykonk
Driver

I put between 6-7k on my car per year and change my oil at the 1 year mark using a 0/20w premium full synthetic (usually Mobil 1 but will use whatever Walmart has on sale at the time).

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: