Potential Moonroof Clunking/Rattle Fix - Page 2 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Potential Moonroof Clunking/Rattle Fix

Old Yesterday, 06:03 PM
supaman1o1
Driver School Candidate

Hi Guys,

Sorry for going MIA after first posting this. Had a baby literally a week after starting this thread, and got really busy with life.

Anyways, I just wanted to follow up on this. Since August, I've put about 20k miles on the car, and still no issues with the moonroof rattle. There was one time when I thought I heard it, but it just ended up being something my wife left in the car.

At this point, I highly recommend the fix for anyone that's constantly annoyed with the moonroof rattle. I remember I got to the point, where I was going to get rid of the car just to get my sanity back. Now I will probably keep it for a long time.

For those of you who tried the fix, thank you so much for having your trust in me. I am really happy that it worked for you as well.

One a side note: I did have another rattle that I was coming from the dash area in my car (passenger side). It ended up being a plastic trim piece right below the dash (right where your legs would be). I stuffed a piece of foam tape/weather strip in the small gap. You can't see the foam, and it keeps that trim piece in place. Now the car is completely silent, and a pleasure to drive. The only thing that rattles now is my baby's car seat base (just my luck). The car itself, is a million times better.

I hope this helps someone else out. Thanks!
Old Today, 12:54 AM
hisstojay
Driver

Originally Posted by supaman1o1 View Post
Hi Guys,

Sorry for going MIA after first posting this. Had a baby literally a week after starting this thread, and got really busy with life.

Anyways, I just wanted to follow up on this. Since August, I've put about 20k miles on the car, and still no issues with the moonroof rattle. There was one time when I thought I heard it, but it just ended up being something my wife left in the car.

At this point, I highly recommend the fix for anyone that's constantly annoyed with the moonroof rattle. I remember I got to the point, where I was going to get rid of the car just to get my sanity back. Now I will probably keep it for a long time.

For those of you who tried the fix, thank you so much for having your trust in me. I am really happy that it worked for you as well.

One a side note: I did have another rattle that I was coming from the dash area in my car (passenger side). It ended up being a plastic trim piece right below the dash (right where your legs would be). I stuffed a piece of foam tape/weather strip in the small gap. You can't see the foam, and it keeps that trim piece in place. Now the car is completely silent, and a pleasure to drive. The only thing that rattles now is my baby's car seat base (just my luck). The car itself, is a million times better.

I hope this helps someone else out. Thanks!
Congrats on your Baby arrival !!!
It is good to hear that the fix actually worked; it will help others as well.
Old Today, 07:56 AM
supaman1o1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hisstojay View Post
Congrats on your Baby arrival !!!
It is good to hear that the fix actually worked; it will help others as well.
Thank you! She definitely keeps us running around. I was actually really glad the fix worked, because she sleeps through car rides without a loud clunking sound waking her up. I'm glad I was able to help out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: