Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 6ES forum for discussion about shared components with other sixth generation ES models.

Passenger mirror problem on 2013 es300h

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-18, 05:30 PM
neild
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger mirror problem on 2013 es300h

My passenger side mirror can be adjusted vertically but not horizontally, unfortunately my warranty expired last month and the dealer told me the only fix is to replace the whole mirror..
Is there a way to fix this issue without replacing the whole mirror, the dealer quoted me a price of 1000$ Canadian dollars for the job quite absurd.
Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Neil
Old 04-29-18, 05:45 PM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by neild
My passenger side mirror can be adjusted vertically but not horizontally, unfortunately my warranty expired last month and the dealer told me the only fix is to replace the whole mirror..
Is there a way to fix this issue without replacing the whole mirror, the dealer quoted me a price of 1000$ Canadian dollars for the job quite absurd.
Thanks
Neil
That is a lot of money - U.S. or Canadian. Could you just make the needed adjustment the old fashioned way - with your thumb and a little trial and error. Once my passenger mirror is properly set I don' think I ever change it. Maybe you could locate a mirror assembly at an auto salvage yard or even on ebay. A good dealer may have found a way to help you out with this.

Good luck.

Dave Mac
Old 04-29-18, 05:49 PM
john341
Pole Position

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Thanks
Neil
Does you mirror make a clicking sound when adjusting horizontally? IF so it maybe out of its range of movement, you just need to manual re-adjust it carefully.
Old 04-29-18, 05:58 PM
john341
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Dave Mac
That is a lot of money - U.S. or Canadian. Could you just make the needed adjustment the old fashioned way - with your thumb and a little trial and error. Once my passenger mirror is properly set I don' think I ever change it. Maybe you could locate a mirror assembly at an auto salvage yard or even on ebay. A good dealer may have found a way to help you out with this.

Good luck.

Dave Mac
I agree, salvage yard should have these mirrors for cheap, at least less than what the dealer is asking.
Old 04-29-18, 06:11 PM
neild
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by john341
Does you mirror make a clicking sound when adjusting horizontally? IF so it maybe out of its range of movement, you just need to manual re-adjust it carefully.
Yes it does a cicking sound when I move it horizontally, by adjusting you mean move it in both directions till it moves mechanically or a manual adjustment as Dave suggested.
Old 04-29-18, 06:22 PM
jollick
Racer

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

Yes it does a cicking sound when I move it horizontally, by adjusting you mean move it in both directions till it moves mechanically or a manual adjustment as Dave suggested.
Like Dave said. Try manually setting it where it should be, they try the switch. It that does not do it, Manually move it both ways and try each way to see if it will adjusts with the switch.
Old 04-29-18, 06:50 PM
john341
Pole Position

Yes, follow what Dave and Jollick said. Good thing you decided to ask the question, if it making that clicking sound, I am inclined to believe that their is nothing wrong with your mirror. Let us know if your where to solve the issue.
Old 04-29-18, 06:51 PM
neild
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jollick
Like Dave said. Try manually setting it where it should be, they try the switch. It that does not do it, Manually move it both ways and try each way to see if it will adjusts with the switch.
Tried and manually moved the mirror both ways and it didn't adjust with the switch I guess I will adjust it manually not that much of an issue as I rarely make any adjustments once it set.
Thanks
Old 04-29-18, 07:13 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,257 Likes on 998 Posts

No did you move it Centered, then try adjusting with power switch?
Old 04-29-18, 07:36 PM
neild
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jgscott
No did you move it Centered, then try adjusting with power switch?
Great news it worked ! This time around I had my wife move the switch while I manually moved the mirror and the mirror all of a sudden started to respond to the switch.
Like Dave said a good dealer would have helped with my problem which wasn't the case only interested in making a quick buck definitely out of my list when I will buy my next car.
Thanks to all

Last edited by neild; 04-29-18 at 07:45 PM.
Old 04-30-18, 07:27 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

Great news it worked ! This time around I had my wife move the switch while I manually moved the mirror and the mirror all of a sudden started to respond to the switch.
Like Dave said a good dealer would have helped with my problem which wasn't the case only interested in making a quick buck definitely out of my list when I will buy my next car.
Thanks to all
Excellent! Congratulations!
Old 05-01-18, 09:24 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,257 Likes on 998 Posts

Thanks to all
Glad to hear it resolved your problem!
Old 05-02-18, 07:30 PM
zes
Advanced

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

These mirrors have plastic gears and sometimes they slip a few teeth. What you did is exactly correct, If the teeth are not completely damaged (and they often are not) you can push the mirror while a friend presses the mirror button and if done right the gears re seat and the assembly starts working again. A good mechanic can do this.
Old 05-03-18, 08:23 AM
Albo
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Its these gears that I am afraid to damage when it comes to switching the puddle light inside to an LED.