ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

2018 ES pricing

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-18, 01:17 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 613 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by Dmaxdmax
Better deal - 2018 w/Mark Levinson and Lux package - <41 out the door (before tax)
Then it's not "out the door". But really, that's irrelevant anyways.
Old 07-14-18, 01:19 PM
Dmaxdmax
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike728
Then it's not "out the door". But really, that's irrelevant anyways.
I say it that way since I buying out of state so will pay the tax here. I walk out of *their door* at that price.
Old 07-14-18, 01:23 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Better deal - 2018 w/Mark Levinson and Lux package - <41 out the door (before tax)
If the car is truly a Luxury package ES and if it has the ML audio system, that would be a very rare car. Typically, only Ultra Luxury package cars are built with the ML audio system. In fact, I'm not sure that I've seen a Luxury package ES with the ML sound system.
Old 07-14-18, 01:25 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 613 Likes on 461 Posts

I say it that way since I buying out of state so will pay the tax here. I walk out of *their door* at that price.
Out the door pricing is not important on an internet forum, so not worth stating. Just state MSRP and what your discounts are listed individually, meaning, separate the negotiated discount and then the rebate. Fees are area specific and don't let them up-sell you any dealer options, like nitrogen, wheel locks, etc...
Old 07-14-18, 01:44 PM
Dmaxdmax
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lesz
If the car is truly a Luxury package ES and if it has the ML audio system, that would be a very rare car. Typically, only Ultra Luxury package cars are built with the ML audio system. In fact, I'm not sure that I've seen a Luxury package ES with the ML sound system.
The feature sheet says "Luxury Package: Embossed Leather-Trimmed Interior, Heat & Vent Front Seats, Pwr Tilt & Tel S/Wheel, Wood Trim, Mem sys..." $1,670.00
and
"Navigation System/Mark Lev..." $2,615.00

Old 07-14-18, 02:10 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mike728
Out the door pricing is not important on an internet forum, so not worth stating. Just state MSRP and what your discounts are listed individually, meaning, separate the negotiated discount and then the rebate. Fees are area specific and don't let them up-sell you any dealer options, like nitrogen, wheel locks, etc...
Yes, when comparing offers from different dealers, the what is relevant is the MSRP of the car and the negotiated price, including the dealer discount and factory rebate. Then, it is important, as Mike said, to make sure that there are no dealer installed options or add-ons in the deal, that items like the doc fee are reasonable, and that the dealer isn't adding excessive processing charges for things like vehicle registration.
Old 07-15-18, 10:25 PM
lexus1357
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The deals i am seeing on the ES 350
Internet Price = MSRP - (4-5k)
Real Price = Internet Price + tax using internet price - 4000. This is for purchase
For Lease, Real Price = Internet Price + tax using internet price - 5500.

So, i am unable to decided lease vs buy since after the above, the lease calculation is vague. What are the hidden costs in the lease apart from the interest? On one offer,the residual seems only 47% after 3 years. Is that standard.

Also, all the above are via email/IM and so they might very well do bait and switch after going to them.
Old 07-16-18, 04:59 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexus1357
The deals i am seeing on the ES 350
Internet Price = MSRP - (4-5k)
Real Price = Internet Price + tax using internet price - 4000. This is for purchase
For Lease, Real Price = Internet Price + tax using internet price - 5500.

So, i am unable to decided lease vs buy since after the above, the lease calculation is vague. What are the hidden costs in the lease apart from the interest? On one offer,the residual seems only 47% after 3 years. Is that standard.

Also, all the above are via email/IM and so they might very well do bait and switch after going to them.
What are the rest of the lease terms that you are being offered? What is the money factor? What are the resulting down payment, monthly payment, and mileage allowed?
Old 07-16-18, 06:56 AM
Dmaxdmax
Intermediate

I have an offer of 18.8% off MSRP.
In this market, is it good enough to take it without looking back?
Old 07-16-18, 08:32 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

How are you leaning??
Old 07-16-18, 08:49 AM
Dmaxdmax
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LexBob2
How are you leaning??
Im leaning yes but have 1 or 2 other guys in the running. Mostly I’m not sure what to do about my local guy. I want to give him the biz but he doeesn’t have one in stock and wants a deposit before he’ll find one. I might go for that except there’s a deadline for the $4k

The original 40.5 is really accommodating - will pick me up at the airport etc.
Old 07-16-18, 09:56 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Im leaning yes but have 1 or 2 other guys in the running. Mostly I’m not sure what to do about my local guy. I want to give him the biz but he doeesn’t have one in stock and wants a deposit before he’ll find one. I might go for that except there’s a deadline for the $4k

The original 40.5 is really accommodating - will pick me up at the airport etc.
I'd want to support my local guy too if I could. On the other hand, If you back out of the out of town deal and have your local guy do a search, if he can't find something, your fate and pricing are now in their hands. Good luck with your decision.
Old 07-16-18, 11:50 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,233 Likes on 866 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I'd want to support my local guy too if I could. On the other hand, If you back out of the out of town deal and have your local guy do a search, if he can't find something, your fate and pricing are now in their hands. Good luck with your decision.
And once they have your money you're locked in no matter what happens... Maybe they find one, maybe they don't. Or, could be a model that costs more... Be very wary...
Why can't he do a search, find what you're looking for, establish a price, then you give a deposit and get the car delivered...
Old 07-16-18, 12:41 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

With the current $4000 factory rebate, which is the biggest rebate that I can recall during the 6 model years for the Generation 6 ES, if I was buying right now, I'd be shooting for a discount of 20%+ off from MSRP. If I was willing to wait until about Labor Day, when the unadvertised incentives that Lexus offers to dealers are likely to be a bit higher than they are now, I'd be shooting for around 22%+ off from MSRP.

I just checked the inventory of one Lexus dealer on-line. The advertised prices for the ES on their web site are currently in the range of 15% off from MSRP. If they are advertising prices that are 15% off from MSRP, I'm confident that they are willing, after negotiations, to go somewhat lower with their pricing.

That said, an 18.8% discount from MSRP is still an attractive offer (assuming that there are no over-priced dealer add-ons or other excessive dealer charges/fees), and there comes a point when I would decide that it isn't worth spending significantly more of my time to save another $500 or $1000.
The following users liked this post:
Dmaxdmax (07-16-18)
Old 07-16-18, 12:54 PM
Dmaxdmax
Intermediate

I don’t feel like gambling in the hope of saving a little more money by Labor Day. If I was after a generic ES350 it might be different but there aren’t scads of 300h with black leather and Levinson sound just waiting around. I’d be really annoyed to end up with a 2nd Choice because I wasn’t satisfied with a good deal on my 1st Choice.

Quick Reply: 2018 ES pricing