Luxury / Ultra Luxury owners.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-18, 03:20 PM
nuraman00
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Luxury / Ultra Luxury owners.

I am not one of them.

But what are some of the best features you like, from the Luxury / Ultra Luxury packages?
Old 04-23-18, 03:22 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by nuraman00
I am not one of them.

But what are some of the best features you like, from the Luxury / Ultra Luxury packages?
Having buyers remorse?
Old 04-23-18, 03:27 PM
nuraman00
Instructor

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Having buyers remorse?
No. But was just curious about what others looked forward to. Or what exceeded their expectations (as in something was better than they thought it would be, after purchasing it.)
Old 04-23-18, 04:01 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

My 2017 ES has the Ultra Luxury Package. I could easily do without most of the features of the Ultra Luxury Package, but there are a couple that I really like. For me, the most important feature is the very soft and supple semi-aniline leather. I also like the thigh extender on the driver's seat, and I very much like the wood trim on the console (which comes with both the Luxury Package and Ultra Luxury Package). Among the features that I don't care about at all are the panoramic roof, the rear door sun shades, and the passenger seat memory settings.
Old 04-23-18, 04:27 PM
nuraman00
Instructor

Originally Posted by lesz
My 2017 ES has the Ultra Luxury Package. I could easily do without most of the features of the Ultra Luxury Package, but there are a couple that I really like. For me, the most important feature is the very soft and supple semi-aniline leather. I also like the thigh extender on the driver's seat, and I very much like the wood trim on the console (which comes with both the Luxury Package and Ultra Luxury Package). Among the features that I don't care about at all are the panoramic roof, the rear door sun shades, and the passenger seat memory settings.
For the passenger seat memory settings, is that because whom occupies the passenger seat regularly can be from several different people?

Thanks for mentioning the thigh extender. I didn't realize that feature was there. If I ever visit a dealer again or see a UL car, I'd want to test this out to see what I think.

Also, just to clarify, the console area is the area next to the gear shifter, where the cup holder is, right?
Old 04-23-18, 06:42 PM
Albo
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Yea the center console is the arm rest thing that opens between the two front seats behind the gear shift
Old 04-24-18, 02:19 AM
OBLexus
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I don’t need the panoramic sunroof, heck I never use it and never have used normal sunroofs either.
A feature I love and wouldn’t go without is the semi-aniline leather - so soft and amazing to sit on.
I also appreciate the wood trim and the sun shades on the rear doors.
Old 04-24-18, 05:01 AM
jamestpc
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I like the power trunk - I know a family friend that doesn't have it on his 300h and the 'corners' have caused some rubbing spots on the bumper. probably should have lexus look at that since i'm sure it's not supposed to touch.

I use the lane departure quite often as well.. Just an extra safety device is all. yes I know I should be paying attention and should not need that, but whatever.
Old 04-24-18, 05:58 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 173 Likes on 151 Posts

I like every item that the UL version provides and not having buyers remorse by not getting an option I realize down the road I would have liked. I intend to keep my 2 ES for a very long time.
Old 04-24-18, 06:39 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

Our 2014 ESh was a Luxury level and when the lease matured we got the 2018 as a Ultra.
Principal reason was the semi-aniline leather, feels like Lexus leather of old, also like the
passenger memory: 1) spouse, 2) spouse sleeping 3) car pool neighbor. Driver's seat
extender is nice but as with the lumbar feature is not included in the driver's side memory.
As spouse (see above) is 9 inches shorter it has become... a topic of conversation...

Originally did not credit the Mark Levinson amps as being important but have reexamined
my CD collection to extract the maximum frequency range out of the system and must say
it is impressive. Also justifies dropping XM as a source, overly compressed tracks sound thin.

Rear door shades just stay up in the summer, didn't tint the glass on this one. Hybrid ES's do
not get the 18 inch wheels or the Panorama roof but neither were useful to us. Curious note
on the Pano roof, the Window Sticker listed the roof in the Ultra package when we bought it.
Knew is wasn't there and didn't care. Two months into owning it and Lexus sent a nice letter
explaining the variance and offered a $200 gift card!
Old 04-24-18, 06:41 AM
911h20
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Adaptive cruise control
Old 04-24-18, 06:48 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,233 Likes on 866 Posts

Those that look at the rear sunshade with disdain, I use it all summer to block the sun from coming in thru the rear window. It keeps the car cooler and stops the leather seats from baking.
Old 04-24-18, 07:18 AM
OBLexus
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jamestpc
I like the power trunk - I know a family friend that doesn't have it on his 300h and the 'corners' have caused some rubbing spots on the bumper. probably should have lexus look at that since i'm sure it's not supposed to touch.
I actually dislike the power trunk:-) it is sooooo slow!
Old 04-24-18, 11:52 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

Great for freaking kids out in a parking lot, trigger it just as they pass by!
Old 04-24-18, 02:07 PM
newyerker
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

unrelated to your post since i dont have a luxury let alone ultra but the only thing i looked for was the ventilated seats lol.
heck, thats actually one of the main reason why i started shopping for the ES in the first place.
it was the only nice vehicle that had the vent seat option that didnt cost an arm and a leg.

that caused me to have major buyers remorse. 1 - ventilated seats barely did anything. 2 - it is missing way too many things that makes vent seats unimportant, damn it.

but actually, not really. just like everyone says, mainly thinking to myself - could have got that, done that kinda thing.

Quick Reply: Luxury / Ultra Luxury owners.