ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-6th-gen-2013-2018-247/)
-   -   ACC position on the start button (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-6th-gen-2013-2018/822902-acc-position-on-the-start-button.html)

zes 05-13-16 08:37 PM

ACC position on the start button

So every Sunday I take my daughter to a class and I wait outside and enjoy car talk on the radio. Up till now I would press the start button once to turn the ignition off and then press it again to get it in the acc position to listen to the radio. Trouble was that the steering retract went through is cycle and I would miss a joke while the car turned off and then on again.

I learned from the ls forum that there is a way around this. Put the car in N (not P) and then press the start button. Car goes directly into the ACC mode. Then put it in P.

I never knew that. Now I don't have to miss the joke :)

Thought I should pass this along in case some of you also missed those pages in the manual.

Brn2fish 05-14-16 04:25 AM

Thank you for the tip!

bc6152 05-14-16 05:57 AM

You might miss another joke. After about 10 minutes the ignition shuts off - by itself...

teezee1000 05-14-16 05:58 AM

Thanks good to know!

zes 05-14-16 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by bc6152 (Post 9484190)
You might miss another joke. After about 10 minutes the ignition shuts off - by itself...

I know. Pain in the neck.

chromedome 05-14-16 07:30 PM

And you can't cycle it back to full power by pressing the Start button again. It just shuts the car off. It's especially annoying on the hybrid because the engine doesn't need to start to get full power.

zes 05-14-16 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by chromedome (Post 9484828)
And you can't cycle it back to full power by pressing the Start button again. It just shuts the car off. It's especially annoying on the hybrid because the engine doesn't need to start to get full power.

Makes you almost miss the key, does it not ?

wowzer 05-15-16 03:52 PM

Is there a reason to go to ACC mode in the hybrid?

Universe93 05-17-16 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by zes (Post 9484912)
Makes you almost miss the key, does it not ?

Definitely! This is exactly why I miss the traditional key and I'm not joking. I drive quite a bit and also spend a bit of time during the week sitting in the car, waiting and making phone calls. I hate having to continuously cycle the ACC on to get the radio back.

chromedome 06-06-16 11:12 PM

Well, I figured out how to cycle it back to full On mode, at least on the hybrid:

First, put the shifter to N, then press the Start button to go into Acc mode. Radio keeps playing, the driver display nags you to put the shifter to P, but don't do it.

To go back to full power without having the steering retract and extend, keep the shifter in N, put your foot on the brake and press the Start button. All the warning lights should light up. Then, with your foot on the brake and the shifter in P, press the Start button again to get full power.

zes 06-07-16 09:07 PM

Chromedome are you saying that with the shifter in N the ACC mode never shuts off? That is a great discovery! It is late at night here so I cannot test this but the car turning off really irritated me. Thank you..