ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-6th-gen-2013-2018-247/)
-   -   I need to know where to hook the wheel well hook on a 2015 Lexus ES350 (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-6th-gen-2013-2018/790925-i-need-to-know-where-to-hook-the-wheel-well-hook-on-a-2015-lexus-es350.html)

jollick 07-11-15 11:47 AM

I need to know where to hook the wheel well hook on a 2015 Lexus ES350

I purchased the Colgen full bra for my 2015 ES350 and am leaving tomorrow morning. I have the entire bra on the car but cannot figure out where to hook the wheel well hook as the entire well is covered in plastic. The strap is not elastic so it will only go so far in the well. :uh:

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...449fbb0bda.jpg

MrlexEd88 07-11-15 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by jollick (Post 9109335)
I purchased the Colgen full bra for my 2015 ES350 and am leaving tomorrow morning. I have the entire bra on the car but cannot figure out where to hook the wheel well hook as the entire well is covered in plastic. The strap is not elastic so it will only go so far in the well. :uh:

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...449fbb0bda.jpg

Turn the wheel to full lock, it should give you extra space to look around and get it to hook on something.

jollick 07-11-15 06:44 PM

I figured it out. You must remove one of the plastic clips that hold the molded wheel well plastic to the and re-install it when you remove the Colgen Full Bra.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...2038d56033.jpg

zes 07-11-15 10:09 PM

Jollities, can you pls show a picture of your car with the bra? Thx.

jollick 07-15-15 04:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by zes (Post 9109846)
Jollities, can you pls show a picture of your car with the bra? Thx.

Here you go.

Attachment 366282

jollick 07-15-15 04:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 366283

Here is a side view of the Colgan Bra on my 2015 ES350.

Mike728 07-15-15 06:39 AM

That looks pretty good! Where did you get it and how much?

jollick 07-15-15 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mike728 (Post 9113813)
That looks pretty good! Where did you get it and how much?

I purchased direct from Colgan. It was a few months ago but I think is was under $300.

zes 07-15-15 09:36 PM

Thank you! Looks very sporty with it. Do pieces cover the mirrors as well?

jollick 07-17-15 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by zes (Post 9114930)
Thank you! Looks very sporty with it. Do pieces cover the mirrors as well?

Yes they are optional and I did get them.

bc6152 07-19-15 06:46 AM

The bra looks good on the car. One word of caution to you regarding high speed driving. I had a very high quality bra installed on a Toyota some years ago. A bright red Toyota. At high speeds the center of the bra on the hood started to flap up and down. I paid it no mind but found paint damage after the ride. The flapping had rubbed the red paint off the hood. Another issue is water trapped under the bra after a rainfall and left to dry. This can cause paint clouding. Bra must be removed and surface dried. After this incident I never used a vehicle bra again. Perhaps designs have changed and these issues have been eliminated. Just keep an eye out for movement.

jollick 07-21-15 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by bc6152 (Post 9118627)
The bra looks good on the car. One word of caution to you regarding high speed driving. I had a very high quality bra installed on a Toyota some years ago. A bright red Toyota. At high speeds the center of the bra on the hood started to flap up and down. I paid it no mind but found paint damage after the ride. The flapping had rubbed the red paint off the hood. Another issue is water trapped under the bra after a rainfall and left to dry. This can cause paint clouding. Bra must be removed and surface dried. After this incident I never used a vehicle bra again. Perhaps designs have changed and these issues have been eliminated. Just keep an eye out for movement.

I am happy to report that bra left no damage, even in 100 degree Orlando, FL weather and rain. I did a good cleaning before installation and applied Meguires wax before I put it on. It was on for 8 days. There was also no flapping in the wind. :) I got 31.9 MPG on the highway not bad for a full trunk of luggage and 4 passengers. :)

MrlexEd88 07-21-15 10:25 PM

I'm not a fan of that type of bra since it does damage the clear coat when water and dirt is trapped under, I would recommend taking the bra off every time you wash the car to prevent that from happening. However, have you considered clear bar? I also wasn't a fan of that since I didn't like the hardline on the hood and fender. But after repairing and respraying my bumper from all the bugs and rock chips I figured I needed a way to prevent from doing that every 2yrs(50k miles) so I ended up getting the whole front clip wrap in paint protection film including the whole hood so no hardline can be seen. It only cost me $500 with a good friend discount normally $1400 value. So far I been treating it like paint and it not only protected it from chips but also hides a lot of paint imperfections such as spiderwebs in the paint from washing. I also got the part where the pano roof tilts down done since I got too chips there from hwy driving. I must say I'm pretty happy with it even though I hated clear bar at first.

lesz 07-22-15 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by bc6152 (Post 9118627)

I've had several of that type of front end mask on several different vehicles. My experience has been that the potential for damage to the finish varies widely depending on the quality and design of the product and the manufacturer of the product.

I've had a couple that were cheaply made, that flapped at higher speeds, and for which paint clouding would likely have have been a major issue. On the other hand, I've had a couple of others, including the one that I've used on my GX for 10 years, that have been much better. The one that is on the GX is glove-tight and doesn't move a bit at speed. Even in heavy rain, very little water actually gets between the mask and the finish, and the only real precaution that I've taken has been, when the vehicle has been exposed to heavy rain, I try to avoid parking it in the sun until the mask is thoroughly dry. After 10 years, there is not a hint of damage to the vehicle finish.

I'm not familiar with the the Colgan product. The one that I have for the GX is Lexus branded, but I'm guessing that Lexus had someone else produce them for Lexus.

jollick 07-22-15 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by MrlexEd88 (Post 9122156)
I'm not a fan of that type of bra since it does damage the clear coat when water and dirt is trapped under, I would recommend taking the bra off every time you wash the car to prevent that from happening. However, have you considered clear bar? I also wasn't a fan of that since I didn't like the hardline on the hood and fender. But after repairing and respraying my bumper from all the bugs and rock chips I figured I needed a way to prevent from doing that every 2yrs(50k miles) so I ended up getting the whole front clip wrap in paint protection film including the whole hood so no hardline can be seen. It only cost me $500 with a good friend discount normally $1400 value. So far I been treating it like paint and it not only protected it from chips but also hides a lot of paint imperfections such as spiderwebs in the paint from washing. I also got the part where the pano roof tilts down done since I got too chips there from hwy driving. I must say I'm pretty happy with it even though I hated clear bar at first.

I do not do a lot of highway driving so the bra is a good alternative. I have used them on almost every car I have had. They fit glove tight and I have never had any paint damage. I only leave it on for the trip, not long term. http://www.colgancustom.com/
http://www.colgancustom.com/products...IONID=&ACTION=