ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Pics of your ES -- RIGHT NOW!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-15, 10:17 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

im not going to change the puddle lights, its fine the way it is. I didnt know that the side mirrors tilt down on the ES til a few minutes ago, and now that i configured it i can say i see low and high for 5 feet fairly well. And the door courtesy light casts an immense light both on the ground and the entrance of the door, im very happy with the whole process, especially the trunk, great light. Im not going to change the license plate either, its fine the way it is.
Old 03-24-15, 10:23 PM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

I'm not happy with the yellow mirror lights when the rest of the car now has white LEDs. I couldn't get the mirror pried off the tabs, no matter how much force I applied, and I'm not going to pay for a broken mirror either. There has to be an easier way to get the mirror off to get at the casing.
Old 03-25-15, 08:13 AM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

The mirror is held by clips to the mounting bracket, ill sure you can find some videos on how to shimmy it out. Speaking of pain in the butt, i tried to access the license plate lights, man you have to remove so many components, i just said forget it. I dont want the license plate lights to be as bright as the reverse lights so ill just leave that be.

Im going to the car wash today and i wonder how the plasti dip will hold up. I always get a hand wash but i will advise them to dab dry the grille not a back and forth motion because it might peel it off.
Old 03-25-15, 08:28 AM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

With a cold beer in hand, maybe I'll give it a try this weekend. As for the car wash, it would be a heck of a surprise for the car wash guy if the plastidip peels off. So much for Lexus quality!
Old 03-25-15, 11:19 PM
qluu86
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A daily driver project

Never owned a FWD car an overpriced camry with lexus logos on top of that. Figured I might as well make it enjoyable and trick myself out of thinking that it's a camry to fetch groceries. I've got 3-4 weeks left to go for my buddy to finish up on the plastic welding with staple for reinforcements from a bottom half of a gs350 f-sport's bumper I found for $200 locally. Then one thing lead to another I picked myself up some AG m590 20x8.5 wheels, D2 coilovers, putting my extra DD dust collector sub into good use, and 10-12lbs of boost with 3" custom piping. The air induction has got a long way to go since the car es is limited in quality after markets, so my buddy is fabricating what is needed for a proper kit.

The Gs350 F-sport bumper, the length is exactly the same at the ES's bumper

Trial and error with the black and white contrast

Wheels, waiting for my tires to arrive from discount tires since they had the special going on

Anxiously waiting for the final product and for the damned fisker to charge. I swear I did not know justin beiber had a fisker.

Might as well dip the chrome window trims while I wait

End result (goal)

Last edited by qluu86; 03-25-15 at 11:30 PM.
Old 03-26-15, 02:00 AM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

The first ES F-Sport! We need a full shot from the front and the side, that bumper looks so much better than the frumpy original. At least you can get groceries with the ES while waiting for the Fisker to charge
Old 03-26-15, 06:25 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

You should move that Fisker to the other side of the driveway. In case you have to go somewhere, you can drive the Lexus.
Old 03-26-15, 08:42 AM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

wow GS F sport grille on an ES, thats a first. Please post better pics from the front. I wonder how the bumper fits given that the GS is 1 inch wider than the ES
Old 03-26-15, 03:17 PM
qluu86
Driver School Candidate

I was dead tired and iPhone camera didn't help much. The GS-fsport bumped is the same length as the ES's, there's a lot of plastic molding and welding going on though, I'll post more picture when everything is on and finish. be cautious cause it will burn a hole in your pockets if you mess up. I can't take all the credit cause there were plenty of help involved. lol
Old 03-27-15, 06:41 PM
SpecialAgt
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by qluu86
Never owned a FWD car an overpriced camry with lexus logos on top of that. Figured I might as well make it enjoyable and trick myself out of thinking that it's a camry to fetch groceries. I've got 3-4 weeks left to go for my buddy to finish up on the plastic welding with staple for reinforcements from a bottom half of a gs350 f-sport's bumper I found for $200 locally. Then one thing lead to another I picked myself up some AG m590 20x8.5 wheels, D2 coilovers, putting my extra DD dust collector sub into good use, and 10-12lbs of boost with 3" custom piping. The air induction has got a long way to go since the car es is limited in quality after markets, so my buddy is fabricating what is needed for a proper kit.
Super interested in seeing more of how your car turns out man! What kind of D2 coilovers are you using exactly? I assume they're the ones intended for the 07+ camry? And whats this you say about boost?????? That's awesome
Old 03-28-15, 10:25 AM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

She just got her first wash since i bought her

Old 03-28-15, 11:33 AM
vimal01997
Rookie

Old 03-28-15, 03:14 PM
airgas1998
Driver

Originally Posted by PirelliGS
She just got her first wash since i bought her

I would think those places in cali would be shut down with the severe water shortage. they must have one heck of a used water reclaim system.
Old 03-28-15, 04:10 PM
Maikerusan
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

My new E350....just picked it up yesterday.

Old 03-28-15, 06:32 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by airgas1998
I would think those places in cali would be shut down with the severe water shortage. they must have one heck of a used water reclaim system.
they say we have one years supply of water, this would mean and increase in importation of water will of course will make it more expensive. I try to catch rain water at my house, but we havent had any real rain for a long time.

Congrats on the new pick up, im sure you will love your new car. the Matador Red looks good

Quick Reply: Pics of your ES -- RIGHT NOW!!