Print Wikipost

2014 LEXUS ES350 Seat Vibration Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-14, 09:24 AM
finny76
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts
Exclamation 2014 LEXUS ES350 Seat Vibration Issue

I just got anew 2014 LEXUS ES350 and on the first day of driving noticed a lot of vibration from the passenger seat.

At first, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me so i paid attention and tried different speeds 60/70/80mph.

My initial thought was that the vibration would be because of balancing issue or maybe alignment (its a brand new car), so i took it back to the dealer. The dealer re balanced the tires and ran some diagnostics, however the issue is still there.

At 80mph the vibration is very very apparent and you can see the whole passenger seat vibrating back n forth and side ways as well.

Has anyone experience this issue and if so is this a known issue? To test simply drive the car at 80mph and pay attention to the passenger seat top portion and see if you notice the vibration. I would recommended to do this in an open are where there is no traffic so you don't wreck or anything while starring at the passenger seat looking for any signs of vibrations.

Last edited by finny76; 05-09-16 at 08:59 AM.
Old 04-23-14, 10:23 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

This feature could help you with the women . Get them ready before you get them home. Mine does not do this
Old 04-23-14, 10:24 AM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

My 2013 does this as well. It is slight, but there is definitely a shake apparent in the empty passenger seat at highway speeds. I don't know anything about it being a known issue tho.
Old 04-23-14, 12:33 PM
alpinefun
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My does it too. The dealer told me that Lexus knows about this problem but they haven't come up with solution yet.
Old 04-23-14, 01:15 PM
amphipri0n
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also seeing the same issue here
Old 04-23-14, 03:10 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

The passenger seat on my ES shimmies a bit when the car is moving, but it doesn't really bother me because the back of the passenger seat is not somewhere where I'm looking while I'm driving, and it isn't rattling, squeaking, or making any other type of noise.
Old 04-23-14, 03:36 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

my 2011 did the same thing, as did my 97 ls400.
Old 04-24-14, 07:21 AM
MDames2
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 2007 did this as well. It appears that this has been a problem for quite some time. My dealership really tried to fix it for me. But everything they tried failed. I finally stuffed a small towel (the same color as my seats) between the center console and the passenger seat. This took care of the vibration, and you couldn't see the towel at all.
Old 04-24-14, 07:42 AM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Good idea - Sometimes a color matched towel is the best solution to a problem like this.

Dave Mac
Old 04-24-14, 07:47 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Instead of a towel I used a 9MM.
Old 04-24-14, 08:44 AM
darc1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Max707
This feature could help you with the women . Get them ready before you get them home. Mine does not do this
Haha, great suggestion! My 2014 ES 300h does it as well. You're welcome wifie!
Old 04-24-14, 11:08 AM
finny76
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by Max707
Bahaha! I'm sure they would love the Roller coaster ride. LEXUS are ahead of the game and they know by vibrating the seats will make your girl/date be all ready when you get back home After all forking out 45K for a car and you don't get benefits? Nahhhh dont think so, LEXUS got us covered with the vibrating passenger seat Guaranteed to make your girl..... (fill in the blanks)

Originally Posted by mspearl95
My 2013 does this as well. It is slight, but there is definitely a shake apparent in the empty passenger seat at highway speeds. I don't know anything about it being a known issue tho.
I'm glad i got some input and that everyone else is now paying attention to this issue.

Originally Posted by alpinefun
My does it too. The dealer told me that Lexus knows about this problem but they haven't come up with solution yet.
So has this been going on with 2013 models as well? If so they should have fixed it quite some time back. I have a 2014 and issue is there.

Last edited by finny76; 04-24-14 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-01-14, 09:38 AM
mlsemi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2014 es 350 passanger seat vibrates

I just pruchased my ES 350 on Saturday April 26th and noticed on Monday while driving to work that the passanger seat was vibrating.... I took my car in on Tuesday to have some additional items put on my car and ask the service department to check it out and he came back and said that everything was fine the seat just vibrates a little. Has anyone else experienced this vibration? I think this should be a recall????
Old 05-02-14, 03:15 AM
Poppa
Instructor

Received 166 Likes on 119 Posts

Well I have not noticed this on my 2013.... but I do have the cool weather dash squeak....

Poppa
Old 05-05-14, 04:36 PM
rpgarrett
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought a 2014 ES 350. I also noticed a slight vibration in the passenger seat while unoccupied. The initial knocking noise was due to the metal portion of the seat belt hitting the plastic shell that the seat belt retracts into. After straightening out the seat belt that noise went away. However another rattling noise persisted. I traced the noise to the headrest. I never paid any attention to it on my 2008 ES 350 but the headrest can be adjusted up and down as well as forward and backward. The mechanism that locks it into place in the forward/backward position appears to be spring-loaded. When the headrest is sitting in the far back position it really is not "locked" into place. This appears to be because there is no spring tension holding it in place and any vibration was causing it to "rattle". What I did quite by accident was to move the headrest forward. As I moved it forward I could hear a "click" when the headrest got "locked" into one of the forward positions. As I continued to move the headrest forward additional "clicks" could be heard as the headrest got locked in to its new position. The spring tension got greater the farther I moved the headrest forward until it couldn't be moved any farther. At this point there was no more movement in the headrest due to the increased spring tension. In this position I heard no rattle at all. Moving the headrest forward one final time appears to disengage the spring locking mechanism and the headrest is returned to its original backward position . Again, in this position there is movement in the headrest because there is nothing "locking" it into place (i.e. you don't hear a "click".). Moving the headrest forward until you hear the first click will at least lock it into the first forward position. Perhaps it is just a poor headrest design. In my case locking the headrest into one of the forward positions (Note: adjusting the headrest to the farthest forward position provided the least movement in the headrest.) at least solved my rattle problem.

Quick Reply: 2014 LEXUS ES350 Seat Vibration Issue