ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-6th-gen-2013-2018-247/)
-   -   Huper Optik Nano Ceramic Window Films (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-6th-gen-2013-2018/693752-huper-optik-nano-ceramic-window-films.html)

WhoDat 05-22-13 10:03 AM

Huper Optik Nano Ceramic Window Films

Back in the day when I lived in San Antonio, I had my car's at the time Honda Civic EX, and my 2006 Lexus IS 250 windows tinted with Huper Optik, it really is a superb film. Question is, my old Honda didn't have all the fancy stuff my current ES has, and the IS only had the navigation (never played the raido) so will it bother radio, GPS, XM etc?

I may have to order the film and have it installed. Cant seem to find anyone in Utah that carries it. But hate to add the film only to have issues later. The best film they have thats close to the Huer is Llumar ceramic tint...then again, not sure if it's better or equal too Huper.

You tube vid posted below if you are unsure of what I'm talking about. If you are, please provide me with some pro-cons.

Thanks. :D

txes 05-22-13 10:56 AM

Considered the best.

Why it's best: Huper Optik is a German company that specializes in high-quality window tint for all applications. The Huper Optik Ceramic line is just about the best ceramic window tint you can get your hands on today, and is often the default ‘go-to’ tint for those who want ceramic tint. The Huper Optik Ceramic tint is capable of heat rejection levels that only a darker non-ceramic tint can match, and does not interfere with the operation of electronics. The appearance of the ceramic window tint is simply that of a darker shade on the window, so there is none of the shiny reflective look of a metallic window tint. Also unlike traditional tints, ceramic window tint allows for clear visibility even at darker levels thanks to the advanced technologies involved. This is easily among the best window tints you can get today, and accepting the high price tag will reward you with class-leading performance.

John

WhoDat 05-22-13 12:50 PM

^^ Thanks for that. I am trying to get some of that tint as I type however my problem is that no one will tint it here if I do...still searching.

aznbo187 05-23-13 11:23 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by WhoDat (Post 7952604)
^^ Thanks for that. I am trying to get some of that tint as I type however my problem is that no one will tint it here if I do...still searching.

I just recently had clear bra installed on my lexus as well as ceramic tint all around by a shop called Unique Auto Films located in Los Angeles...Tarzana to be exact. They also do full vehicle vinyl wraps, so they are a bit more knowledgeable with film than your average tint shop.

They carry a few different brands such as Huper Optik, 3M, and Llumar for ceramic tint. After going through the options, I decided on Llumar as it was a ceramic tint with comparable spec as the Huper Optik, but much more reasonably priced. The difference between normal window tint and ceramic window tint is significant, but the difference between one ceramic tint over the other is marginal. So I decided to go with a most cost efficient option but still with a well known brand, Llumar.

I ended up going with 50% ceramic tint on the sides and rear windows, and 70% ceramic tint on the windshield. I was afraid it was going to be too light, but it came out perfect! It's light enough not to warrant any cop attention, but dark enough to camouflage the interior, especially at night.

Heat and interior temperature have also been noticeably cooler and visibility, radio and satellite have not been affected.

If you are in the LA or Sherman Oaks, Encino or Tarzana area, I'd recommend going with Unique Auto Films. They did a meticulous job with the dot matrix section and all the cuts on the tint are lined up perfectly without any gaps.

This is how the 50%/70% ceramic looks at night, with indoor lighting.

Attachment 500075
Attachment 499509
Attachment 499510

WhoDat 05-23-13 12:18 PM

^ Sweet pics!, although I may be stuck on stupid, had I never had the Huper Optik tint I wouldn't know the difference. But they way it "kills" the heat off your face when the windows roll up is amazing. It may cost more but well woth it in my opinion.

So, I can't find anyone who uses Huper Optik, Now I may have to settle for the next best....thats where im hung up. I don't think I will make to Cali anytime soon. Thanks for the info.:thumbup:

LexBob2 05-23-13 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by WhoDat (Post 7954593)
^ Sweet pics!, although I may be stuck on stupid, had I never had the Huper Optik tint I wouldn't know the difference. But they way it "kills" the heat off your face when the windows roll up is amazing. It may cost more but well woth it in my opinion.

So, I can't find anyone who uses Huper Optik, Now I may have to settle for the next best....thats where im hung up. I don't think I will make to Cali anytime soon. Thanks for the info.:thumbup:

If you can find a shop near you that installs Llumar or 3M you'll be fine. As anzbo mentioned they are both good films and will cost less than Huper, which also as mentioned, is very good.

aznbo187 05-23-13 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by WhoDat (Post 7954593)

To be honest, as mentioned they are all very similar in performance when you are talking about ceramics comparing Huper, 3M and Llumar. It's all marketing at this point. We did the heatgun test with the three brands and the difference was negligible.

It comes down to what look and tint percentage you want and who offers that. All three brands have been in the tint industry for a long time. Some people just prefer 3M and some don't. But I wouldn't be stuck on either, what's more important is finding a shop that will do the windows right. Unique Auto Films lined everything up so when you roll down the windows, there is no gap and it looks like the window is tinted from the factory. Same with the dot matrix. Find a shop that will make sure that gets covered as some shops just cut around that since they are lazy .

bc6152 05-23-13 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by aznbo187 (Post 7954481)
I just recently had clear bra installed on my lexus as well as ceramic tint all around by a shop called Unique Auto Films located in Los Angeles...Tarzana to be exact. They also do full vehicle vinyl wraps, so they are a bit more knowledgeable with film than your average tint shop.

They carry a few different brands such as Huper Optik, 3M, and Llumar for ceramic tint. After going through the options, I decided on Llumar as it was a ceramic tint with comparable spec as the Huper Optik, but much more reasonably priced. The difference between normal window tint and ceramic window tint is significant, but the difference between one ceramic tint over the other is marginal. So I decided to go with a most cost efficient option but still with a well known brand, Llumar.

I ended up going with 50% ceramic tint on the sides and rear windows, and 70% ceramic tint on the windshield. I was afraid it was going to be too light, but it came out perfect! It's light enough not to warrant any cop attention, but dark enough to camouflage the interior, especially at night.

Heat and interior temperature have also been noticeably cooler and visibility, radio and satellite have not been affected.

If you are in the LA or Sherman Oaks, Encino or Tarzana area, I'd recommend going with Unique Auto Films. They did a meticulous job with the dot matrix section and all the cuts on the tint are lined up perfectly without any gaps.

https://i.imgur.com/lN2CKMw.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/d3sHpNe.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ceWHWkK.jpg

So how much $$ for your Lexus at Unique?

GetUrWheel 05-23-13 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by aznbo187 (Post 7954481)

https://i.imgur.com/lN2CKMw.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/d3sHpNe.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ceWHWkK.jpg

+1 for Unique Auto Films!

We showcased one of their wrapped cars at a Bimmerfest event just last weekend! Would recommend them they are great guys to work with!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...71812471_o.jpg

bruce van 05-24-13 09:38 AM

Nice! That picture got my attention.