Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 6ES forum for discussion about shared components with other sixth generation ES models.

es300h packages

Old 02-24-13, 12:03 PM
rv300h
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default es300h packages

hello all, my first post to this forum.
Considering buying es300h this summer, Lexus packaging is very confusing and have not been able to figureout if its possible to buy this car in the following configuration:

* Premium pkg
* Display Audio-Backup Camera
* Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
* Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic

I checked current inventory, PCS and dynamic radar cruise control always appears to get lumped with Nav pkg.
Old 02-24-13, 12:33 PM
ElliotB
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can get the vehicle in any configuration you want if you special order it. You just have to wait a few months.
Old 02-24-13, 12:38 PM
Fly4u
Banned

I agree the packaging as stated on the website is rather confusing. It seems the ES300h's in my locale are built to one of two standards: Nav/Premium/Nuluxe/Heated seats/Blind spot/Park assist/Wood steering wheel/Rain sensing wipers - or the addition of leather seating surfaces and a few other items. I wanted the former with Nuluxe; these vehicles MSRP at $49,995.

Perhaps your time-frame allows for a special order to build precisely what you desire?
Old 02-24-13, 01:38 PM
rv300h
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Fly4u
I agree the packaging as stated on the website is rather confusing. It seems the ES300h's in my locale are built to one of two standards: Nav/Premium/Nuluxe/Heated seats/Blind spot/Park assist/Wood steering wheel/Rain sensing wipers - or the addition of leather seating surfaces and a few other items. I wanted the former with Nuluxe; these vehicles MSRP at $49,995.

Perhaps your time-frame allows for a special order to build precisely what you desire?
Yeah, pre-ordering is a possibility but I am afraid price negotiation will be harder. I am hoping I can acquire one close to invoice.
Old 02-24-13, 03:24 PM
ElliotB
Lead Lap

"price negotiation will be harder." Actually, it may be easier than ever - buying 'clubs' like TruCar and Costco virtually eliminate the need to haggle and may make actually dealers more open to your deal. The bottom line is it doesn't hurt to ask and if you are prepared to walk, you having nothing to loose. I paid $200 over invoice thanks to Costco!
Old 02-24-13, 05:20 PM
toy54
Driver School Candidate

In my area, the demand was high and local inventory was limited to two common or preferred packages, including color and interior popularity. I made a few dealer visits after researching the brochures and reading what packages were offered by these dealers "knowing the "common MRSP", even checkng onlne sources like kbb.com for the abbreviated initials of the options. I went into dealer and looked at his list of shipments slated for delivery including the VIN of vehicle. The shipment date was four weeks out and since I was not in hurry for immediate purchase, time was on my side for color and options and best negotiated price well under dealer's cost, kickbacks and then some.

So do your homework and be patient, as the supply will level out with the demand with abundance in inventory for premium, luxury and ultra packages. Good luck.
Old 02-24-13, 05:58 PM
ProfessorP
Rookie

I believe that PCS only comes with the most expensive package (Option E), i.e. you pretty much need to get everything under the sun in order to get PCS. As of right now, that would be the 51K MSRP option. The other wants that you want can all be gotten with the Premium package, which is right now $45K MSRP.

Don't do the Costco or AAA auto buying program - that is a ripoff compared to what you can negotiate on your own. I got my 300h, the Luxury Package with Additional Options that is MSRP for $46.2 and got it for well over $2K below invoice.
Old 02-24-13, 06:09 PM
rv300h
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ProfessorP
I believe that PCS only comes with the most expensive package (Option E), i.e. you pretty much need to get everything under the sun in order to get PCS. As of right now, that would be the 51K MSRP option. The other wants that you want can all be gotten with the Premium package, which is right now $45K MSRP.

Don't do the Costco or AAA auto buying program - that is a ripoff compared to what you can negotiate on your own. I got my 300h, the Luxury Package with Additional Options that is MSRP for $46.2 and got it for well over $2K below invoice.
Prof, could you post a link to these package groups (E for e.g) you are referring to.
Old 02-24-13, 06:18 PM
ProfessorP
Rookie

I think I got the packages from the Lexus website. I think there are 5 packages and I thought I heard them referred to as A/B/C/D/E. Anyhow, "E" would be the works, while "A" is the $2K one.

http://www.lexus.com/configurator/#/...=5119&group=ES

you can also go to cars.com and they have package info there.
Old 02-24-13, 06:37 PM
ElliotB
Lead Lap

ProfessorP, the MSRP (suggested selling price on the window sticker ) is not the same as dealer invoice (which indicates dealer cost). Are you saying you paid $2000 under dealer invoice or $2000 under MSRP? There is a big difference between the two! Did you have a trade?

Costco's program is excellent. It simplifies the auto buying process. A ripoff? It is free and you are not obligated to buy if you don't want to. Not sure why you would even say that!
Old 02-24-13, 06:56 PM
ProfessorP
Rookie

my final price was $5200 under the MSRP. If I would have used Costco's program I would have lost $3K.
Old 02-24-13, 07:55 PM
danolo
Driver School Candidate

Default Costco is great

Not true. I purchased a Lux package with PCS, LDS for $46,000 Most features can be added as optional. I was even told I could add the power trunk.

Costco program may not get everyone a great deal such as yours. works well for those of us who are particular about features or color or 'high-demand' new cars. hats off to your negotiation skills. When I went pricing my car in Deep Sea Mica, I was told that I would have to order that and I would be at MSRP until I pulled out Costco pricing.

Last edited by danolo; 02-24-13 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-24-13, 08:20 PM
es300h
Driver School Candidate

i know a great dealer in Nj where i bought way under invoice price when no one in NJ was giving at price other than MSRP. If you need info then PM me, good luck!

Originally Posted by rv300h
Yeah, pre-ordering is a possibility but I am afraid price negotiation will be harder. I am hoping I can acquire one close to invoice.
Old 02-25-13, 05:12 PM
rv300h
Driver School Candidate

thanks for all your responses, danolo's response is particularly encouraging..

I don't really care for Nav or UL but I absolutely want blindspot and PCS + adaptive cruise control.
After getting Nav in my last 2 cars (both Infinitis) I feel builtin Navs are way too overpriced for what they offer and having to pay for map updates etc does not help the cause either..
Old 02-25-13, 05:32 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It will be hard for you to find those options without a package (loaded for the PCS). You can special order those options, but they may not negotiate, if at all. Also, realize that special ordering can delay your vehicle up to 3 months out, and by then you're looking at the end of the year clearance. And, you would have put down a deposit on that special order and locked in a price. Just something to think about.