ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

iPhone bluetooth music only issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-16, 07:26 AM
pablohoney
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation iPhone bluetooth music only issues

Hey all. I have a 2010 es350. I just bought an iPhone 7 and paired it to the Navi/Bluetooth. While it allows me to make calls through the car’s speakers/Bluetooth, it won’t stream music from the phone. More specifically, when I go to Audio in the Navigation, the tabs for AM, FM are available, but no BT (Bluetooth). It just doesn’t recognize it for music purposes. It only allows phone calls via Bluetooth. The iPhone pairs with other Bluetooth devices. I also tried to hook the phone through the USB port in the car and while the USB tab is available in Audio, it doesn’t play the music I use on the phone through the car. I’ve tried resetting Navigation Settings, factory resetting the phone, disconnecting and re-pairing the phone to the car, and even tried paring in airplane mode as I’ve heard GSM may interfere with the setup. Not being able to play music in the car besides the radio is a serious issue for me. Has anyone else heard of or had this problem or know of any solutions? Thanks!

Last edited by pablohoney; 11-18-16 at 07:39 AM.
Old 12-01-16, 06:49 AM
nsnqst
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pablohoney
Hey all. I have a 2010 es350. I just bought an iPhone 7 and paired it to the Navi/Bluetooth. While it allows me to make calls through the car’s speakers/Bluetooth, it won’t stream music from the phone. More specifically, when I go to Audio in the Navigation, the tabs for AM, FM are available, but no BT (Bluetooth). It just doesn’t recognize it for music purposes. It only allows phone calls via Bluetooth. The iPhone pairs with other Bluetooth devices. I also tried to hook the phone through the USB port in the car and while the USB tab is available in Audio, it doesn’t play the music I use on the phone through the car. I’ve tried resetting Navigation Settings, factory resetting the phone, disconnecting and re-pairing the phone to the car, and even tried paring in airplane mode as I’ve heard GSM may interfere with the setup. Not being able to play music in the car besides the radio is a serious issue for me. Has anyone else heard of or had this problem or know of any solutions? Thanks!
I have a 2007 ES 350; it won't stream music either so I installed this. If you are a DIY guy, this is fairly easy and works great else you can get it installed from someone. https://www.amazon.com/USA-Spec-BT45.../dp/B0178G5RRE

I can do bluetooth calls as well as stream music; this is totally separate from the built-in bluetooth and works flawlessly
Old 12-01-16, 11:47 AM
Lexi1101
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up iphone bluetooth music only issues

{Hey all. I have a 2010 es350. I just bought an iPhone 7 and paired it to the Navi/Bluetooth. While it allows me to make calls through the car’s speakers/Bluetooth, it won’t stream music from the phone. More specifically, when I go to Audio in the Navigation, the tabs for AM, FM are available, but no BT (Bluetooth). It just doesn’t recognize it for music purposes. It only allows phone calls via Bluetooth. The iPhone pairs with other Bluetooth devices. I also tried to hook the phone through the USB port in the car and while the USB tab is available in Audio, it doesn’t play the music I use on the phone through the car. I’ve tried resetting Navigation Settings, factory resetting the phone, disconnecting and re-pairing the phone to the car, and even tried paring in airplane mode as I’ve heard GSM may interfere with the setup. Not being able to play music in the car besides the radio is a serious issue for me. Has anyone else heard of or had this problem or know of any solutions? Thanks! }

Had the same issue until I kept playing with it to figure it out. So with my 2011 ES350, I hit the Setup button, then Audio, next Bluetooth Audio Settings and from here you can register and/or remove new and old devices . Here is where I removed my iPhone 6S and registered the iPhone 7 for use. Try it with your car, it should be the same and I hope it helps!
The following 3 users liked this post by Lexi1101:
Aimenlexi (12-24-20), coolpapa (09-17-19), hisstojay (11-07-17)
Old 12-01-16, 06:00 PM
pablohoney
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lexi1101
{Hey all. I have a 2010 es350. I just bought an iPhone 7 and paired it to the Navi/Bluetooth. While it allows me to make calls through the car’s speakers/Bluetooth, it won’t stream music from the phone. More specifically, when I go to Audio in the Navigation, the tabs for AM, FM are available, but no BT (Bluetooth). It just doesn’t recognize it for music purposes. It only allows phone calls via Bluetooth. The iPhone pairs with other Bluetooth devices. I also tried to hook the phone through the USB port in the car and while the USB tab is available in Audio, it doesn’t play the music I use on the phone through the car. I’ve tried resetting Navigation Settings, factory resetting the phone, disconnecting and re-pairing the phone to the car, and even tried paring in airplane mode as I’ve heard GSM may interfere with the setup. Not being able to play music in the car besides the radio is a serious issue for me. Has anyone else heard of or had this problem or know of any solutions? Thanks! }

Had the same issue until I kept playing with it to figure it out. So with my 2011 ES350, I hit the Setup button, then Audio, next Bluetooth Audio Settings and from here you can register and/or remove new and old devices . Here is where I removed my iPhone 6S and registered the iPhone 7 for use. Try it with your car, it should be the same and I hope it helps!
Thanks! I did this a couple weeks ago myself and it works so you are spot on. I didn't know that the Bluetooth and Phone were separate. I'll have to remember this next time I get a phone.
The following users liked this post:
Aimenlexi (12-24-20)
Old 12-01-16, 06:02 PM
pablohoney
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lexi1101

I'll keep this in mind. I figured it out- I did the same thing the other poster suggested. I had to link my phone AND bluetooth through setup in the Nav. Thanks for the reply!
Old 11-07-17, 09:51 AM
exBMWowner
Driver

Default Iphone X can't stream music to LS460

I recently upgrade from an iPhone 7 to an iPhone X, and now I can't get the portable bluetooth player to connect to my iPhone. I've tried unpairing and preparing at least ten times now. The phone portion pairs fine, but under "BT" when I try to "Connect" the portable player, I get the error message "Failed to connect, check portable bluetooth player settings". Under Audio, my iPhone option is greyed out so that I can't click "OK" to select it as the portable player. I've tried playing with the control from car vs control from iPhone settings, but still no difference.

I've never had a problem with any iPhone prior to the X. Is anyone else seeing this? Any suggestions on what to troubleshoot?
Old 09-21-19, 11:51 AM
coolpapa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how do you register it if it does not show up?
Old 12-06-20, 08:22 AM
pirate11
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I upgraded to an X and had the same issue. You have to pair the bluetooth device separately thru setup/audio.