ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-5th-gen-2007-2012-180/)
-   -   Bought 2011 ES350 (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-5th-gen-2007-2012/765145-bought-2011-es350.html)

hotshot23 12-01-14 11:42 AM

Bought 2011 ES350

I closed on a white 2011 Lexus ES350 at Sewell Lexus in Dallas. Paint job is in immaculate condition. It doesn't have a stripe but they can add one if I want. I was thinking it might look better with a stripe but I kinda like the real clean look without it. Thoughts anyone?

Does a stripe make it more sporty or add anything to the car's look or should I leave it as-is?

Lexi66 12-01-14 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by hotshot23 (Post 8808444)
I closed on a white 2011 Lexus ES350 at Sewell Lexus in Dallas. Paint job is in immaculate condition. It doesn't have a stripe but they can add one if I want. I was thinking it might look better with a stripe but I kinda like the real clean look without it. Thoughts anyone?

Does a stripe make it more sporty or add anything to the car's look or should I leave it as-is?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Just my 2 cents! 😃

LexBob2 12-01-14 03:37 PM

Keep it clean. Less is more. IMHO....

xanderES 12-01-14 04:29 PM

:thumbup: On your purchase from sewell. There is pretty much no one that has a bad thing to say about them. They're also a sponsor on this site and give great deals for parts!

In terms of the stripe are we talking about a pinstripe down the sides or a muscle car stripe?
A pinstripe would be ok but I would advise against the latter. A japanese luxury cruiser much less any luxury cruiser should not have a muscle car stripe imo. It just goes against the heritage and history.

GrnIdKjun 12-01-14 04:54 PM

I have the car in starfire pearl as well.. personally, I love it without any pin striping.
Congrats on the new ride.

hotshot23 12-02-14 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by xanderES (Post 8808827)
:thumbup: On your purchase from sewell. There is pretty much no one that has a bad thing to say about them. They're also a sponsor on this site and give great deals for parts!

In terms of the stripe are we talking about a pinstripe down the sides or a muscle car stripe?
A pinstripe would be ok but I would advise against the latter. A japanese luxury cruiser much less any luxury cruiser should not have a muscle car stripe imo. It just goes against the heritage and history.

Thinking about adding a tan pin stripe to the side only. Better to just leave it alone? I think the stripe would look really cool and they said they could add the stripe for pretty cheap. However, the car does look really cool and clean without it as well.

sabbyw 12-02-14 11:36 AM

How well does the heated seat work in your 2011 es 350? I also have one and the seats don't get very warm. Ive had it to the dealer and they tell me that the seat gets to 60 degrees which is normal they say. However I read on here they are suppoded to be at 109.

hotshot23 12-02-14 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by sabbyw (Post 8809938)
How well does the heated seat work in your 2011 es 350? I also have one and the seats don't get very warm. Ive had it to the dealer and they tell me that the seat gets to 60 degrees which is normal they say. However I read on here they are suppoded to be at 109.

I don't have the car yet. I am going to pick it up this weekend. I will definitely be on the lookout for that and will let you know!

xanderES 12-03-14 01:48 AM

Nothing wrong with a pin stripe. Ive actually seen an ES with one before. Didnt hate it and didnt love it. Did find it odd that a totally stock car would only have a pinstripe though. Would have thought that they would of at least modified something else on the car.
Pinstripe is totally up to you. Thats just a small matter of preference... Now if you wanted a racing stripe I think we'd all have to go get our pitchforks and torches.

As far as the heated seats they're pretty warm. Definitely warmer than 60. That wouldnt even keep my butt toasty on a cold day!

GrnIdKjun 12-05-14 08:36 PM

No idea on the exact temperature of mine but they work just fine.
I looked at the online manual and I don't see that it specifies the max temp.

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...2010&x=35&y=11

nevernu 12-05-14 09:38 PM

a) By operating the seat heater switch, which is located in the console box, the temperature can be controlled within
the range of 30 to 40°C (86 to 104°F).

John U 12-06-14 03:11 AM

Are you talking a painted on pinstripe or a taped on one? Tape will catch wax etc

hotshot23 12-11-14 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by John U (Post 8815301)
Are you talking a painted on pinstripe or a taped on one? Tape will catch wax etc

I was talking about a taped on one. Decided to go without one. The car looks cleaner and better w/o one. Love the new ride! Will post pics soon.