Old 06-26-14, 09:57 AM
Paul3637
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Help: Need good independent shop Nassau County/Long Island

[If not Nassau County, maybe somewhere else on Long Island]

I am trying to help someone whose oil hose failed like this:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...se-failed.html

on a 2007 2GR-FE V6. Engine damage is probably significant since car ran almost dry on oil (oil light never came on) and engine makes loud noises and cannot be driven.

Dealer is zero help since past factory warranty and "recall" period.

Looking for someone with extensive experience on Toyota/Lexus vehicles, I did a search on this forum and found:this place:

Tach Motor Works
35-37 Lawson Blvd Oceanside NY, 11572

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul
Old 03-12-15, 02:24 AM
Idlefree
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul3637
[If not Nassau County, maybe somewhere else on Long Island]

I am trying to help someone whose oil hose failed like this:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...se-failed.html

on a 2007 2GR-FE V6. Engine damage is probably significant since car ran almost dry on oil (oil light never came on) and engine makes loud noises and cannot be driven.

Dealer is zero help since past factory warranty and "recall" period.

Looking for someone with extensive experience on Toyota/Lexus vehicles, I did a search on this forum and found:this place:

Tach Motor Works
35-37 Lawson Blvd Oceanside NY, 11572

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul
Hey Paul

So far from my recent experience with Tach Motor Work, I would not recommend this shop. The owner is a good guy but the work is not.
Old 03-12-15, 06:50 AM
nevernu
Instructor

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts

I wouldnt be so quick to write off Lexus on this as I read somewhere that the recall on the oil line replacement campaign has been extended for about 5 years or so.

snip from somewhere
....BUT, APROZ. 2 WEEKS AGO, I RECEIVED A NOTIFICATION FROM LEXUS STATING," THEY HAD DECIDED TO RE-OPEN THIS "LIMITED SERVICE CAMPAIGN" TO EXTEND TO DEC. 31, 2021..A DAY TOO LATE & ALOT OF $$$$& TIME SPENT..EVEN THO' LEXUS SAID THEY WOULD CONSIDER REIMBURSEMENT ON CARS, LIKE MINE THAT ALREADY HAD BEEN REPAIRED. LEXUS IS ONLY DOING THIS, AGAIN, BECAUSE I AM 100% SURE THAT ALL THE MANY MANY LEXUS & TOYOTA CAR OWNERS THAT HAD THEIR HOSES REPLACED BACK IN 2013 AND PRIOR ARE NOW EXPERIENCING WHAT I HAD TO GO THRU: ENGINE DIED, ALMOST RAN OFF THE BRIDGE AND SPENT WEEKS WITHOUT A CAR..HAD TO RENT. I ASK FOR YOU TO PLEASE GO BACK AND RESEARCH THIS FAULTY VVTI_OIL HOSE ON BOTH LEXUS & TOYATA CARS..THERE ARE THOUSANDS, ESPECIALLY WITH TOYOTA!!! ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS GOOGLE VVTI-OIL HOSE AND YOU WILL SEE.. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!..."
Old 03-20-15, 12:19 PM
Paul3637
Driver

Originally Posted by Idlefree
Hey Paul

So far from my recent experience with Tach Motor Work, I would not recommend this shop. The owner is a good guy but the work is not.
Thanks. Good news. No help needed because Toyota and Lexus both extended the vvt-i oil hose recall to Dec 2021. Result: Free engine rebuild.
Old 03-20-15, 12:24 PM
Paul3637
Driver

Originally Posted by nevernu
I wouldnt be so quick to write off Lexus on this as I read somewhere that the recall on the oil line replacement campaign has been extended for about 5 years or so.

snip from somewhere
....BUT, APROZ. 2 WEEKS AGO, I RECEIVED A NOTIFICATION FROM LEXUS STATING," THEY HAD DECIDED TO RE-OPEN THIS "LIMITED SERVICE CAMPAIGN" TO EXTEND TO DEC. 31, 2021..A DAY TOO LATE & ALOT OF $$$$& TIME SPENT..EVEN THO' LEXUS SAID THEY WOULD CONSIDER REIMBURSEMENT ON CARS, LIKE MINE THAT ALREADY HAD BEEN REPAIRED. LEXUS IS ONLY DOING THIS, AGAIN, BECAUSE I AM 100% SURE THAT ALL THE MANY MANY LEXUS & TOYOTA CAR OWNERS THAT HAD THEIR HOSES REPLACED BACK IN 2013 AND PRIOR ARE NOW EXPERIENCING WHAT I HAD TO GO THRU: ENGINE DIED, ALMOST RAN OFF THE BRIDGE AND SPENT WEEKS WITHOUT A CAR..HAD TO RENT. I ASK FOR YOU TO PLEASE GO BACK AND RESEARCH THIS FAULTY VVTI_OIL HOSE ON BOTH LEXUS & TOYATA CARS..THERE ARE THOUSANDS, ESPECIALLY WITH TOYOTA!!! ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS GOOGLE VVTI-OIL HOSE AND YOU WILL SEE.. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!..."
This thread covers it. Note towards the end how an employee of a Lexus dealer was told there were "no recalls" on his 2007 Lexus ES350. Less than two weeks later oil hose burst and ruined engine. Result: New Engine paid for by Lexus.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...50-recall.html