ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

looking to hook up my new es350

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-14, 09:04 AM
illES350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking to hook up my new es350

i recently bought an es350 as a family car. I like the look of it but i know it can look more agrresive. i would like to hear any ideas and more importantly see some of your pics to get ideas. I just dont wana look like im driving around in my moms car lol
Old 03-17-14, 10:01 AM
MikePA
Rookie

If you wanted to 'hook up' a car, you bought the wrong vehicle.

Go to Tirerack.com and look for a set of wheels.
Old 03-17-14, 10:10 AM
iceblast
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not true...

Although it is not a typical 'mod' car.
You can definitely make it look more sporty. I find the tinted windows and spoiler lip do wonders for the look. Without it, looks granny.

There is a thread detailing a pretty nice looking body kit, if you want to spend... Looks good, but lets face it, this car is far from a sports car.
Heres the thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...e-es350-2.html

I actually love the 6 spoke OEM rims. Simple, conservative and stylish. I even like the matte dusted silver finish.
http://www.rentacarinlosangeles.com/...t.%20front.JPG

Only issue is that they are on the small side! I would like to have an 18 or 19 inch option.
Old 03-17-14, 10:45 AM
MikePA
Rookie

"Not true..." and what did you recommend? Tint and a spoiler lip?
Old 03-17-14, 11:16 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

As much as I liked both of my ES350's there is no denying it is favored by an older crowd and the average age of the initial buyers is up there. Tint, spoiler, wheels etc. sometimes look nice depending on how they are done, but in the end it still is an ES350 for better or worse.
Old 03-17-14, 11:24 AM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

Like few have mentioned. There are few mods that can be done but enough that will change the look somewhat. Good Luck. Tint, Wheels, Audio, Possible Lip Kits. Performance mods are limited and im not sure of really any specifically made for the es series.
Old 03-17-14, 12:45 PM
illES350
Driver School Candidate

well like i said initially!!! its a family car, i just want to do something simple to not look like a granny car. Im doing the window tint for sure, a lip kit sounds dope. I see it sometimes and i see it has a bit of a sporty look in it, im trying to dig it out, im definitely not doing air bags and 22's or anything like that, just some dope rims and i agree, atleast 18's, spoiler lip and rear window wing.
Old 03-17-14, 12:47 PM
illES350
Driver School Candidate

i saw a set of 2010 is 250 convertible rims, in black aluminum fro sale online and thought they might look okay on my white ES
Old 03-17-14, 01:01 PM
iceblast
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MikePA
"Not true..." and what did you recommend? Tint and a spoiler lip?
It actually changes the look completely. Without those (and proper colour paint/leather), there are many ES 350s I would never drive. Case and point --> http://www.classycars.org/Lexus/lexus.2007.ES350.jpg

Originally Posted by LexBob2
As much as I liked both of my ES350's there is no denying it is favored by an older crowd and the average age of the initial buyers is up there. Tint, spoiler, wheels etc. sometimes look nice depending on how they are done, but in the end it still is an ES350 for better or worse.
Thought someone said the avg. age of buyers was 63 ...

Good for me who likes to buy used cars.
But for a model that is now 7 years old, the secondary (or third) market has stepped in, allowing kids and wanna-be ballers, etc., to mod them up.

Personally, I don't try and make this car into anything it isn't. But it looks pretty good (and the ladies think so too) with those simple mods.
Old 03-17-14, 01:08 PM
SICK350
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There are many possibilitys with a little imagination, it's true there is not very many engine mods for this motor but as for looks the sky's the limit. Hid lights, grills, body kits, stereo, lightning interior and exterior, rims, spoilers, coilovers, tinting windows & lights are just a few. Don't listen to negative comments and do your own thing. I love ES models, this is my 3rd and all my cars definitely don't look like a grandma owned them!
Old 03-17-14, 01:10 PM
SICK350
Lead Lap

This was my 1992 ES300, I bought this off a friend and it was modded quite a bit.
Attached Thumbnails looking to hook up my new es350-image.jpg  
Old 03-17-14, 01:11 PM
SICK350
Lead Lap

This was my 2002 ES300.
Old 03-17-14, 01:15 PM
SICK350
Lead Lap

My 2007 is pretty plain Jane for now exterior wise but still has a couple tasteful mods.
Old 03-18-14, 10:28 PM
christcorp
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lexus, Cadillac, and a number of similar vehicles are favored by older people more often than younger, have almost everything to do with price. Most 20-30 year olds can't afford a $50,000+ car. Not unless they are living beyond their means. That's why even most younger people who do buy a lexus or caddy, usually buy a used car.

As for looking like a "Granny Car", the majority of that is taken care of with the color of the car. If you get any of the goldish, cashmere, bronze, brownish type of colors, and you will definitely look like a granny car. If you have any of the blacks, smokey, red, or dark blues, it won't look so much like a granny car. The neutral colors of silver, light blue, grays, will depend on where you live.

Many of today's cars look similar. Lexus, Infiniti, accura, etc... The color is the majority of how people will view it. But yes, tinting windows can make it a little more sporty. Same with rims. Most of us "Older" people started with a really cheap used car in high school; if we even had a car. My first car was a 1969 plymouth valiant. Didn't run and I had to learn to work on it myself. I probably went 10 years of driving before I bought a "New" car. And that's when I was living in Europe and I bought a POS 1983 Skoda. "Built in Czechoslovakia.

Point is, many of these cars are more favored by the older person because most younger people can't really afford such a car. Unless they buy them used or live beyond their means.
Old 03-19-14, 05:06 PM
CQRT
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

E&G Classics grill, chome wheels (might have done black chrome) and limo tint . . I just wanted something a little bit unique.

Quick Reply: looking to hook up my new es350