ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Mud Flaps

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-14, 01:20 PM
christcorp
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Mud Flaps

Is anyone with an ES350 using mud flaps? We get a lot of mud/slush out here. If yes, where do you recommend is a good source for some mud flaps? Are they generic or specific to the Lexus? Thanks.....
Old 02-03-14, 01:55 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by christcorp
Is anyone with an ES350 using mud flaps? We get a lot of mud/slush out here. If yes, where do you recommend is a good source for some mud flaps? Are they generic or specific to the Lexus? Thanks.....
There have been a number of threads with pictures, installation tips and sources. Do a search for mud flaps or guards and you'll find some good info.
Old 02-03-14, 02:20 PM
christcorp
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I appreciate the suggestion Bob. As a mod on a number of various forums, it does get frustrating when people don't do a search first. I should have been more precise with my question.

I did do a pretty extensive search through the forum. My results seem to be:

1. Older threads: There were no Lexus Original Mud flaps available.
2. Newer threads: There are some dealer mud flaps available, but they are $300+ for them. (More than I will pay for mud flaps).
3. Generic mud flaps from Autozone, Oreily, etc...

I guess I was wondering if anyone has come across a source for flaps that were designed specifically for the lexus. I.e. they mount up to existing screw holes, etc... I'd rather not go with generic that I have to start drilling hole to fit; and I definitely won't spend $300.

If this is in a thread, and I simply didn't find it, then I definitely apologize. Like I said, I too find it frustrating when people don't use the search first.
Old 02-03-14, 02:43 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by christcorp
I appreciate the suggestion Bob. As a mod on a number of various forums, it does get frustrating when people don't do a search first. I should have been more precise with my question.

I did do a pretty extensive search through the forum. My results seem to be:

1. Older threads: There were no Lexus Original Mud flaps available.
2. Newer threads: There are some dealer mud flaps available, but they are $300+ for them. (More than I will pay for mud flaps).
3. Generic mud flaps from Autozone, Oreily, etc...

I guess I was wondering if anyone has come across a source for flaps that were designed specifically for the lexus. I.e. they mount up to existing screw holes, etc... I'd rather not go with generic that I have to start drilling hole to fit; and I definitely won't spend $300.

If this is in a thread, and I simply didn't find it, then I definitely apologize. Like I said, I too find it frustrating when people don't use the search first.
There is an active thread over on the new gen forum. I believe it's called "Splash Guards". If I recall correctly, it seems like ebay is a source for them. Maybe one of the ebay suppliers has them for the 2007-2012 models. Another possibility might be Sewell who is a sponsor here on CL and offers discounts to members. They might be close to dealer prices ($300 bucks! Yikes!) but it might also we worth a look. Good luck in your search it does seem like there are options out there.