ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Car #2 - beautiful but has been wrecked - pls give feedback

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-13, 03:25 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Did the mechanic have anything else to say about it?
Old 11-06-13, 04:07 PM
HiVltgBlnd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Did the mechanic have anything else to say about it?
Everything else checked out but I'm going to keep looking, in fact there's a dealer right up the road that has several but I'll have to spend a little $$. But I just inquired about a white one, '08, tan interior, nav.. If I can put black mats in the car.. I just can't imagine keeping light carpet clean. Plus the dash is black -- I've seen it on a few cars and I like it. It kind of brings it all together - if the mats don't look cheap. Can't tell from the pics.

This one's pretty. I like the tan interior better with the wood than I do the light gray. They're 7 miles away - have a feeling I'll be going by there tomorrow. This is close to the color of my old Acura.

Hmm. Link didn't show up. Try again.

https://usedcars.truecar.com/car/Lex...BJ46G782173000
Old 11-06-13, 04:46 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

If the dash is black its the grey interior, not the tan. The tan has a darker tan dash. Black mats should look fine, my 2010 had the parchment and had darker tan mats that matched the dash and they were pretty easy to keep clean.

Saw the link...thats parchment, the dash isn't black its a darker tan. I liked mine a lot.

Thats a UL! I'd buy that. Pretty rare.
Old 11-06-13, 05:35 PM
CQRT
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink

If you are concerned about it being wrecked . . .so will the next guy when you want to sell it.

There are plenty of good cars out there that are accident free . . .don't be blinded by color . . of course it looks great - -it JUST came out of the body shop from being repaired.

Keep walkin' . . . . keep walkin . . . .
Old 11-06-13, 06:30 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by CQRT
If you are concerned about it being wrecked . . .so will the next guy when you want to sell it.

There are plenty of good cars out there that are accident free . . .don't be blinded by color . . of course it looks great - -it JUST came out of the body shop from being repaired.

Keep walkin' . . . . keep walkin . . . .
not very true
depends on how long ago the wreck was and how much its been driven since if i was buying a car that was 7 years old and it had a wreck 2 or 3 years earier and it had like 40 or 50k on it since and no issues no other wrecks since then i would have no problm as a buyer of a car that had a wreck
Old 11-06-13, 06:55 PM
HiVltgBlnd
Driver School Candidate

If the dash is black its the grey interior, not the tan. The tan has a darker tan dash.
Yeah I see they call it Cashmere. Tan mats would work.

CQ you do make a good point. I got into several accidents in my old Acura over the years. Didn't really want to admit that - but they weren't all my fault -- anyway that's part of the reason the car was so pretty after 16 years. Almost the whole thing had been repainted - really well - at one point or another.

But yeah, between the wreck - which I really think would not be a problem - but.. and the leak, the dead battery and now the engine light being on right after I had it looked at.. then those green lights. I'm sorry but I hate them. They obviously don't bother a lot of people, but they do me. So I don't feel great about it anymore, as much as I love the wood grain on a dark interior. They clearly made more cars with light gray/tan interiors. I'm going to look at the white car tomorrow.
Old 11-06-13, 07:05 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

But, ALL ES350s will have the same green lights, regardless of the year or color.
Old 11-06-13, 07:42 PM
HiVltgBlnd
Driver School Candidate

No green lights with navigation, which the silver one had.

What's a UL?

-----------------

Nevermind, Googled it.

Last edited by HiVltgBlnd; 11-06-13 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-06-13, 07:57 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by HiVltgBlnd
No green lights with navigation, which the silver one had. What's a UL? ----------------- Nevermind, Googled it.
From car and driver: "The Ultra Luxury ($5380) package includes everything above and adds a power rear sunshade, a glass roof, a wood and leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift ****, rear side airbags, adaptive high-intensity-discharge headlights, 17-inch, graphite-finished aluminum alloy wheels, P215/55R-17 upgrade tires, and a full-size spare..."
Old 11-06-13, 08:01 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by HiVltgBlnd
No green lights with navigation, which the silver one it.
What green lights are you talking about? I had an ES with navigation...all the backlighting is green.
Old 11-06-13, 08:08 PM
John U
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I found my wife's UL at a Mercedes dealer that did not know what they had. When new, the Lexus dealer could not sell it with the darker UL wheels so they traded them for chromed ES wheels..... another bonus. I drove to another state to look at it from a Cars.com ad. They even delivered it on their truck.
Stick to your guns and search for the color combo your want. My wife wanted a red UL and I found it.
Old 11-06-13, 09:13 PM
HiVltgBlnd
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SW13GS
What green lights are you talking about? I had an ES with navigation...all the backlighting is green.
I don't know but the silver car I had w/map and on-screen controls had no green lighting, that i recall.

Forget about that I've been searching and I think this is the one to look at next. It's loaded, low miles, good price, at a Benz dealership about 10 minutes away. What are those colors, please, if someone comes back soon and knows. I think the exterior is the Smoky Mica.. looks like the interior is tri-colored. It sounds good. Hope the link works.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2008&zip=30328&listingType=used&listingTypes=used&showcaseListingId=357738959&mmt=[LEXUS[ES350[]][]]&modelCode1=ES350&makeCode1=LEXUS&startYear=2007&showcaseOwnerId=562729&firstRecord=51&searchRadius=100&bodyStyleCodes=SEDAN&listingId=357346348&Log=0
Old 11-06-13, 09:26 PM
HiVltgBlnd
Driver School Candidate

John, great story! You lucked out. I will be going to this dealership tomorrow w/a male friend.
Old 11-06-13, 09:30 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Yep, thats Smokey Granite with the grey interior. Thats also a UL, and lower mileage.

I can tell you with 100% confidence that the car has green backlighting whether it has navigation or not. All the controls are not on screen.
Old 11-06-13, 09:39 PM
HiVltgBlnd
Driver School Candidate

http://postimg.org/image/qbjibzsj9/350bec87/

Can you pull this up? Do you mean the bottom part has green back lighting?

I'm sure you know you can click on the image to make it bigger -

ETA I went to the site where I got the silver car and it's gone. That didn't take long.

Quick Reply: Car #2 - beautiful but has been wrecked - pls give feedback