ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Damaged Door Panel

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-13, 05:46 AM
DennisW201
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Damaged Door Panel

I purchased a Pre-Owned 2010ES350 Lexus Last November because I lost my Solara due to Sandy and keep experiencing Issues with it that I feel should have been corrected by the Dealer ( Lexus of Massapequa) before Resale. The Point Check system they (supposedly) do is BULL. I just discovered after Detailing it myself last week that the RT. Front Passenger Panel is damaged.( You have to bend down to notice it but it's a nice tear where you can see the straw(?) used to fill the Panel. I have an Aftersales on my Lexus...I brought it to Ray Catena and was told that their leather Guy can Repair it.I went to other Body Shops for their help and they said that a new Panel would have to be Ordered. Lexus would charge $1400 but a Body Shop could d( o $700 ? Am I crazy but shouldn't Lexus pay for this Panel ? I've had problems with a bad Rim, lousy Tires,etc. I've paid for repair of the Rim, new Tires,etc.... What do you think ??? I'd appreciate any input. I want my Car to remain as beautiful as the Day it was made ( Mileage and Wear withstanding)
Old 10-03-13, 06:43 AM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Sometimes it isn't worth the hassle. There are used door panels on Ebay for $150.
Old 10-03-13, 07:45 AM
RickC5
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Yes, any of us would likely expect that your Lexus dealer should cover the cost of repairs, but let's face it, all Lexus dealers are NOT created equal. Some will bend over backwards to make their customers happy, while others will bend the customer over before screwing them, without even kissing them first!

I agree with Robert that you will raise your stress level way above your comfort zone fighting that dealer. Just forget about it, or fix it yourself and then forget about it. there are much more important things than a tear in a door panel.

Last edited by RickC5; 10-04-13 at 04:59 AM.
Old 10-03-13, 08:18 AM
DennisW201
Driver School Candidate

Default Door Panel

Thanks both for your Reply. Good Advise. I checked Ebay and they list the Door Panel for $567.11. Where did you see a Used Door Trim ? Thanks

Last edited by DennisW201; 10-03-13 at 09:08 AM. Reason: mispelled
Old 10-03-13, 11:14 AM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Ebay item 181222472628 is the driver's side. Since the damage is cosmetic, you can wait until a passenger one shows up for sale. Put an auto search out there so you are notified when one appears. Call around to your local salvage yards also.

I've been thinking of doing that so I can put speaker pods on the doors like this. And there's the entire thread on that. Some of these guys are extremely talented. http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.ph...=74970&t=74970
Old 10-04-13, 10:23 AM
DennisW201
Driver School Candidate

Default Damaged Door Panel

Thanks Robert ! I'll definitely try that. I spoke with Lexus Corp. ( Customer Assistance ) and she gets back to me that the Service Guy in N.J. ( who I had thought was Cool ) told Her that the Door was Damaged by a Seatbelt ??? ( Lexus certainly has all bases covered ! ) My 11 yr. old Neice is the basically the only one who sits in that Seat on Her way to and from School ( in bare feet ). What is with the Service Departments for Lexus Dealerships? ?? I've gone to two seperate Locations and spend Money on Accessories and Servicing my Car and I should pay them ( $ 1400 ) to fix that Door ? Lexus doesn't have any Concept of Customer Satisfaction ! Evidently, They feel like we should give them our Checkbooks . Anyhow, Have a Great Weekend .
Old 10-04-13, 12:33 PM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DennisW201
Thanks Robert ! I'll definitely try that. I spoke with Lexus Corp. ( Customer Assistance ) and she gets back to me that the Service Guy in N.J. ( who I had thought was Cool ) told Her that the Door was Damaged by a Seatbelt ??? ( Lexus certainly has all bases covered ! ) My 11 yr. old Neice is the basically the only one who sits in that Seat on Her way to and from School ( in bare feet ). What is with the Service Departments for Lexus Dealerships? ?? I've gone to two seperate Locations and spend Money on Accessories and Servicing my Car and I should pay them ( $ 1400 ) to fix that Door ? Lexus doesn't have any Concept of Customer Satisfaction ! Evidently, They feel like we should give them our Checkbooks . Anyhow, Have a Great Weekend .
I live about 20 minutes away from the Memphis dealership. We bought the car in Nashville because a salesman kept talking to me and not my wife. It's her car. She did the research. I acted as uninterested as possible. With Nashville, I did the entire deal over in 2 phone calls that totaled less than 10 minutes. I never set foot in the dealership until the car was delivered. They made 1 mistake. They installed XM when I specifically asked that they didn't. They included it for the cost of parts and ate the labor. Fine by me.

I've taken the car to the Memphis service department 3 times and the 3rd time I almost came to blows with the manager. I have a $500 credit with Lexus that I could use there but I choose not to. My local Goodyear has a great Toyota mechanic that has kept the car running in top condition for almost 140,000 miles.
Old 10-15-13, 08:54 AM
DennisW201
Driver School Candidate

After going to 3 Different Locations ( Auto Body for Spoiler Repair, Ray Catena in Monmouth 4 Leather Repair and Lexus Massapequa for the Door Panel ) .....my Lexus actually looks good ( the color in the Leather Repair is off ! I paid $300 for that ). Can you believe that after all that Stress...the Head of Lexus Service of Massapequa, NY( Dan Dailey) came up to me and told me that the repair could be done for $100 ? He was a Man of his word and the Repair was made ( Thanks Dan !)