with the ES350 waiting to hear from the Insurance company on the damage and all
i don't think it is a total loss
the air bags did not go off
there is a coolant leak if i had to guess i was doing about 10 mph

something medically went wrong
my foot tingled my leg when number and i blacked out

being tested for different things this week going to nurologist for testing
had blood lab work done today

but from the looks of this and with the air bags not going out does anyone think its going to be a total loose ?
just the major parts that i can think of fenders hood bumper grill passenger fog and headlamp cooling systme what ever the leak is possibly a radiator worst case scenario in that area
im thinking like 7 or 8k in damage you guys in agreement or you think im way off ?
Attached Thumbnails accident  with the es350-1.jpg   accident  with the es350-11.jpeg  
Old 08-12-13, 06:53 PM
Lexusxoxo
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How scary.. Glad you were ok and i hope they figure out why that happen to you..
What year is it and how many miles do you have one it?
That looks like for than 8k in damage....
Keep us updated.
Old 08-12-13, 07:53 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

yeah it was freaking scary it was scary when my leg went numb i was like shoot then i don't rememeber anything els before i came to just after i was stopped first thing i did went to see if everyone els involved was ok then i called 911
Old 08-12-13, 08:27 PM
imherenow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

looks like a TIA?? what did the docs say.
those kinds of incidents are very scary. But what did you hit ...another car or a stationary object
Old 08-12-13, 09:17 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Wow...how scary. You're so young to be having those sorts of problems too, hope everything works out okay.

Won't be a total I wouldn't think...unless theres frame damage.
Old 08-12-13, 09:39 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by imherenow
looks like a TIA?? what did the docs say.
those kinds of incidents are very scary. But what did you hit ...another car or a stationary object
i hit a lady drivng a PT Cruiser and then pushed here into a RTA Bus
yes very freaking scary
Old 08-12-13, 09:41 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Wow...how scary. You're so young to be having those sorts of problems too, hope everything works out okay.

Won't be a total I wouldn't think...unless theres frame damage.
i have had a few medical issues over my life not sure if this was the worst or the worst one was falling part way down a mountain in 2004 i dropped 10 feet and rolled around 20

no frame damage id think if there was frame damage that the airbags would have gone off and they did not blow
Old 08-12-13, 09:45 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ThumperPup
i have had a few medical issues over my life not sure if this was the worst or the worst one was falling part way down a mountain in 2004 i dropped 10 feet and rolled around 20
Ouch...like I said before hope everything works out.

no frame damage id think if there was frame damage that the airbags would have gone off and they did not blow
Not necessarily. The airbags are purely an issue of deceleration forces, the amount of damage doesn't really have a lot to do with their deployment, there could definitely be frame damage. It doesn't take much on these modern unibody cars, the fact that it was an offcenter hit makes it more likely. They'll put it on a machine to test it, but I would not at all be surprised if there were frame damage.

Even if there is it doesn't automatically mean a total. They can straighten it.
Old 08-13-13, 05:26 AM
GCL
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry about the accident but it's a good thing that you're alive and relatively OK.

About a month ago I was in a similar accident with my Audi A6. The front damage was very similar (also no airbags deployed). BUT the engine immediately caught on fire! I shivered at the thought of what would have happened, if I was unconscious like you.

In the end, the A6 was written off and I have now joined the "Lexus" fraternity.

In reality... you DO NOT want the car repaired. You should negotiate a fair, total loss settlement and get another vehicle.

Your wrecked car will never be the same... you would have a huge mark via CarFax.. it's resale value will be severely diminished.
Old 08-13-13, 06:06 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Ouch...like I said before hope everything works out.

Not necessarily. The airbags are purely an issue of deceleration forces, the amount of damage doesn't really have a lot to do with their deployment, there could definitely be frame damage. It doesn't take much on these modern unibody cars, the fact that it was an offcenter hit makes it more likely. They'll put it on a machine to test it, but I would not at all be surprised if there were frame damage.

Even if there is it doesn't automatically mean a total. They can straighten it.

my cadillac had to have the cradle replaced last year the insurance company had that done for like 600 dollars used cradle and labor

so if it needs to be done then yeah they can always replace the cradle no issues id think
yeah 2 diffent beasts where talking about here but i wouldn't think it would be much off that path
Old 08-13-13, 06:10 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by GCL

Your wrecked car will never be the same... you would have a huge mark via CarFax.. it's resale value will be severely diminished.
it had been in one accident already so i bought it knowing that it would not have the same value in resale
but it was not a salvage tittle either it was a clear tittle
i owe like 15k on it still so i don't want it writen off id rather it be fixed
i also
don't mind driving one that was wrecked cause i can have it fixed propperly and if its not fixed right the first time they always have to go back in and fix it the second time
but i don't care much about the resale value once i buy a car i drive it till the wheels fall of i figured this one will stay with me for a good 5 or 6 years 350k if it doesn't fall apart sooner thats when ill buy a new one
so when its time to sell it the resale value is gone anyways
Old 08-13-13, 06:52 AM
GCL
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I see. It makes sense now. Good luck!
Old 08-13-13, 04:55 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

so the insruance adjuster called me today well he called my dad then i got the msg then i called him
he said it was like 3700 or 3900 i forget the number exactly but it was around there
i asked exactly what parts
he said we will replace the hood 1 fender the bumper cover grill rediator support on top passanger fog and driver lamp i then asked him what about the cooling system and having the frame or unibody mesured for proper specs he said he already had that figured in didn't see any damage to the cooling system but then he was not awareof it leaking so it probably all leaked out

so he said that any other damaged the shop would notify them and they would then take care of that when its needed

i did not ask if they where pricing that with used or new oem or new aftermarket parts

i don't mind used parts as-long as they give me a guarantee that i won't get rust or anything like that

i do have a issue with aftermarket and im not about to let them put aftermarket parts on my car because i know from past experience i have never had good luck with aftermarket they are either made form differnt materials then OEM or they also hardly ever light up properly a hood or a fender always sticks out or headlamps never fit in

so that is the only palce we might have a issue but still wow for there intial estimate of less than 4k i know they are in the market to spend as less as they can but does that sound about right ?
or you think they are low balling the price ?
Old 08-13-13, 04:59 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah I would much rather have used OEM parts than aftermarket parts.

The damage to the cooling system could just be the reservoir. I can't remember from my ES, but isn't the coolant reservoir bottle on that side?

The amount will go up once they tear it down...its going to need more than just a bumper cover obviously, the support beam is going to need to be replaced as well.
Old 08-13-13, 05:34 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

They also mentioned some other panels also like the under engine splash guards and what really sucks is just last month i had bought 2 new guards for under the engine compartment

Quick Reply: accident with the es350