ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

TPMS Light On - How to Disable

Old 03-20-19, 05:52 AM
igzy
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by linkous3

2007 es350
Hmmm, not sure, can you DM me with some photos or details of what you are struggling with?
Old 01-11-20, 11:48 AM
2007es3501
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A little late to the game, but just finished. Works! Or should I say the stupid yellow light finally does not work. So tired of looking at that light. Been searching for solution. Thanks so much for posting. I am handy, but no mechanic. Took my time but finished in about an hour. Most of that time was just making sure I did it right. No lights on dash for first time in may years.
Old 01-11-20, 12:22 PM
bryceis250
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=2007es3501;10704306]A little late to the game, but just finished. Works! Or should I say the stupid yellow light finally does not work. So tired of looking at that light. Been searching for solution. Thanks so much for posting. I am handy, but no mechanic. Took my time but finished in about an hour. Most of that time was just making sure I did it right. No lights on dash for first time in may years.[/what about the BIG red triangle and the check system display? was this corrected as well?
Old 01-11-20, 09:31 PM
2007es3501
Driver School Candidate

My issue was the low tire pressure light. Too cheap to replace TMPS on 13 yr old car with 191K and not worth a lot of money. So this hack was what I needed.
Old 01-13-20, 02:16 PM
bryceis250
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 2007es3501
My issue was the low tire pressure light. Too cheap to replace TMPS on 13 yr old car with 191K and not worth a lot of money. So this hack was what I needed.
Yes, but that little yellow TPMS light isnt the only one. the "check system" and red alert triangle also trip because of the TPMS, so my question was did those lights also clear or did you simply short the circuit for the yellow light or did you bypass the whole system? im a little apprehensive to try, ive ripped the dash open twice before for fixes that didnt work.
Old 01-16-20, 12:53 PM
Dampfwalze
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
If the car has a full size spare it's sometimes overlooked when checking the tire pressures.
Exactly. Spare has one too. Just fill it up and has always fixed the problem from my encounters.
Old 03-19-20, 07:18 PM
love11lex
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default didn't work

i tried this on my 2011 es350 and it didn't work..
Old 09-21-20, 03:32 PM
Monchie
Driver School Candidate

This worked great on my 2008 ES350. Thank you so much!!!
Old 09-10-21, 12:39 PM
RI-Lex
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

sorry to bring back this old thread, but does this look like the orange wire the OP is referring to? on the left closest to my finger there, doesn't look orange to me? not sure if the wiring is a bit different, since the harness plug is black not white

Old 09-11-21, 08:03 PM
bryceis250
Intermediate

i would say if thats the harness, then it would be the only one considered orange. if doesnt work bit the bullet and just make the trunk bomb, or be like me and still own the car 2 years later and still wont by the stupid ****ing things but still looking at the dashboard christmas tree. the bomb guaranteed to work, and you cant swap out winter tires without switching or owning 8 sensors . its the way to go. some vehicles it was easy to bypass it,but this lexus forget it couldnt find the answer.
Old 09-20-21, 08:44 AM
MrMiller
Driver School Candidate

Default Been like that for more than 5 years

Kind of got used to the Tire Light... after a few years. Got ready to do the mod, tried to find the connector on the drivers side.... wrong side. While cicling around the car to get to the passenger side I saw the trunk was opened and decided to check the spare....
Problem fixed. Try not to fall off your chair laughing at me
Old 09-20-21, 02:07 PM
Wilson2000
Pole Position

Received 418 Likes on 333 Posts

Regarding disabling of the TPMS light...I think of the warning light as a feature, not a bug. One can justify the bypass for any number of reasons, but don't think doing so is simply a personal choice. If one disables the light, runs over a nail, and ends up with a flat, it can lead to all kinds of situations that could endanger fellow motorists.
The following users liked this post:
Hayk (09-24-21)
Old 09-22-21, 02:57 AM
cl206
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go to costco tires and they will tell you which sensor is bad for free, at least mine did. buy the denso one for your car from amazon or rockauto and costco will install for like $20 or so. costco carries the pacific brand which i would have taken but for some reason they were perpetually out of them.
I think the dealership charges 250 or so per wheel/sensor but i did this for about 250 for all four wheels

Last edited by cl206; 09-22-21 at 03:49 AM.
The following users liked this post:
jeff1rey (07-11-22)
Old 11-24-21, 09:53 AM
kam2pac
10th Gear

Default tpms ecu

Originally Posted by igzy
Due to popular demand.............

Use at your own risk!

Disclaimer:
This is a how to disable the light on the dash. The code will still be present in the ECU but you will not get a warning. So if your tire(s) are low in pressure, have a leak, sensor or ECU malfunctions you will not get a warning on the dash - this is again your choice to make the warning disappear.

In USA, this is a must-have for all cars in order to be sold, in Canada the law is not in place yet...

It took me about 15 minutes to do and it was based on my research on Yaris (found on toyotanation forum). I adapted it for ES350 and performed it on my 2007 model (US vehicle that I bought in Canada).

How to:
1) Turn the car off completely. Remove the kick panel on passenger side. This is under the glove box and knee air bag. It removes by simply pulling on the cover and disengaging the clips. I worked from left to right and clip by clip. Do it slowly so that the clips don't break. You may need to remove the small light from the panel once removed if the harness on it is too short to work around.

2) Locate the TPMS ECU under the dash. It is an orange box with one wire harness going to it and it says something like tire pressure ECU on it. Disconnect the connector, the lock is on the top side.

3) On the top side of the harness, i.e. same side where the locking clip is, locate the blue wire. It is the second one from right in the photo above, and cut it further away from the connector (in case you want to reconnect it). Strip some insulation off from the end that is on harness (not the connector)

4) Next, remove some insulation from the orange wire (don't cut it). It is the left most wire in the connector per photo. Attach the blue to the exposed wire and insulate. I used a short piece of wire to make the connection. So blue connects to orange

4a) You can be creative here and install a 3-way switch, instead of a jump-wire, that you can toggle when using winter tires, etc. so to keep the light off and when you put the wheels with sensors back on to enable the light. The switch would toggle between the blue and orange and open/close circuit that way. I had no time to do it this time, but may be will come back to it before winter...

5) Connect the harness back into the ECU. Make sure the connector is locked in. Reinstall the kick panel (clips just snap in). Start your car and observe no light

I bought my car and it wasn't have tpms and ecu
Old 03-13-22, 12:43 AM
rafisiddiq
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by igzy
Due to popular demand.............

Use at your own risk!

Disclaimer:
This is a how to disable the light on the dash. The code will still be present in the ECU but you will not get a warning. So if your tire(s) are low in pressure, have a leak, sensor or ECU malfunctions you will not get a warning on the dash - this is again your choice to make the warning disappear.

In USA, this is a must-have for all cars in order to be sold, in Canada the law is not in place yet...

It took me about 15 minutes to do and it was based on my research on Yaris (found on toyotanation forum). I adapted it for ES350 and performed it on my 2007 model (US vehicle that I bought in Canada).

How to:
1) Turn the car off completely. Remove the kick panel on passenger side. This is under the glove box and knee air bag. It removes by simply pulling on the cover and disengaging the clips. I worked from left to right and clip by clip. Do it slowly so that the clips don't break. You may need to remove the small light from the panel once removed if the harness on it is too short to work around.

2) Locate the TPMS ECU under the dash. It is an orange box with one wire harness going to it and it says something like tire pressure ECU on it. Disconnect the connector, the lock is on the top side.

3) On the top side of the harness, i.e. same side where the locking clip is, locate the blue wire. It is the second one from right in the photo above, and cut it further away from the connector (in case you want to reconnect it). Strip some insulation off from the end that is on harness (not the connector)

4) Next, remove some insulation from the orange wire (don't cut it). It is the left most wire in the connector per photo. Attach the blue to the exposed wire and insulate. I used a short piece of wire to make the connection. So blue connects to orange

4a) You can be creative here and install a 3-way switch, instead of a jump-wire, that you can toggle when using winter tires, etc. so to keep the light off and when you put the wheels with sensors back on to enable the light. The switch would toggle between the blue and orange and open/close circuit that way. I had no time to do it this time, but may be will come back to it before winter...

5) Connect the harness back into the ECU. Make sure the connector is locked in. Reinstall the kick panel (clips just snap in). Start your car and observe no light

Beautifully done! Do you know which 2 wires to do for the 2007 IS350?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TPMS Light On - How to Disable