Search this Thread

Old 09-02-18, 02:51 AM
bryceis250
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=igzy;10294750]
Originally Posted by bryceis250

Hey, sorry, when my TPMS light was on, the triangle was not
It could have other problems in addition to the TPMS. Your best bet is to scan the whole system for probs...
i have no CEL. i did have an EVAP code for a bit but that been gone. wonder what else it could be?
Old 09-03-18, 11:44 AM
chuyrobles
Instructor

Received 217 Likes on 176 Posts

Those of you with the TPMS light, don't forget to also check air pressure in the spare tire.
The following users liked this post:
bryceis250 (09-10-18)
Old 09-05-18, 07:58 AM
igzy
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

[QUOTE=bryceis250;10294880]
Originally Posted by igzy

i have no CEL. i did have an EVAP code for a bit but that been gone. wonder what else it could be?
Most OBDII scanners only check for engine codes, i.e. those starting with Pxxxx, whereas they wouldn't check the body (Bxxxx) or chassis codes (Cxxxx). You may need a TechStream or a better scanner for that to check all other systems for codes...
bryceis250 (09-10-18)
Old 09-09-18, 04:22 PM
NdYAG
Advanced

Received 185 Likes on 128 Posts

Just that you know - there are sensors that could be "cloned" to match your existing set of sensors. This solves the problem of having two sets of wheels on a Toyota/Lexus. Or allows updating the sensors without visiting a dealer. The sensors are $25 each and the programmer is $50.

I would say TPMS issues should be fixed propely - disabling the light is wrong. More details are in this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...es-wheels.html

bryceis250 (09-10-18)
Old 09-09-18, 05:05 PM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

I have/use an Autel tester/programmer for my cars with TPMS. As I mentioned on other posts my 2010 is starting to lose the batteries on the sensors. My 1st sensor died a few months back and I cloned it and replaced it. A week ago while driving home the TPMS light came on and after looking at the tire I suspected the sensor must be nearing end of life. I checked it and it came up with low battery. Funny that it was the driver side front wheel. So I erased the light and will reprogram another sensor and change it when I get time. Then yesterday it lit up again and after testing it the low battery message was present so I gotta change. it. There are other testers available and at various prices so if you want to do your own work pick one up. If not and tire dealer can test and install replacement sensors.
bryceis250 (09-10-18)
Old 09-10-18, 05:09 AM
igzy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NdYAG
I would say TPMS issues should be fixed propely - disabling the light is wrong.
One could make the same argument about hacking of the other safety features of the car. Half the stickies contain instructions on how to disable them:

Nonetheless, TPMS is not a requirement for cars in Canada (where I am). I have a US spec car, and this is more of an annoyance to me than a useful feature, hence my choice to disable it. If I cared for it, I would have gone to figure out which one to replace, get a second set of them for my snow set, etc.
Old 09-10-18, 06:05 AM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

I don't know about the laws in canada but part of the problem in the US is where states require a yearly inspection the car won't pass if there is a stored code. Then you get 30 days to fix it. Even if you have the switch the code is set in memory so when the inspection center plugs into your OBDII port he'll see it. Then there is liability and with our lawyer's if they found any of the cars features changed or dismantled they usually have a field day with the suit. Just like the hands free cell phone laws , I still see a lot of people using their phones but if they get caught the pay . If they have an accident and were using the phone then all the lawyers see is $$$$$$$. So it's the old pay me now or pay me later. So I say do what you want and live with the results.
Old 09-10-18, 06:37 AM
igzy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jagtoes
I don't know about the laws in canada but part of the problem in the US is where states require a yearly inspection the car won't pass if there is a stored code. Then you get 30 days to fix it. Even if you have the switch the code is set in memory so when the inspection center plugs into your OBDII port he'll see it. Then there is liability and with our lawyer's if they found any of the cars features changed or dismantled they usually have a field day with the suit. Just like the hands free cell phone laws , I still see a lot of people using their phones but if they get caught the pay . If they have an accident and were using the phone then all the lawyers see is $$$$$$$. So it's the old pay me now or pay me later. So I say do what you want and live with the results.
Yeah, that sux. I know it is a requirement in US for cars to have it. My car is US spec but sold here in Canada so I have the TPMS system that I had to deal with from the beginning with winter wheels, etc. For me it was really an expensive pain to maintain, and this was the cheapest route.

You are correct, the system still stores the code for TPMS error, this is just the light disable. For our inspections, my car passes it as they only look at Emission and Powertrain codes, and not the Chassis (TPMS) related ones...
bryceis250 (09-10-18)
Old 09-10-18, 09:39 PM
bryceis250
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i really could care less if tis illegal. i was being a smart *** with that guy. if he wants to send me a check for 300 dollars ill get a new set of sensors. its stupid. i refuse to pay for that **** no way
Old 12-16-18, 01:06 PM
Gs3500
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So after cutting the blue wire, which end of the exposed blue wire do I connect it to the orange? ECU side or the wireloom?

Thanks
Old 12-17-18, 07:22 AM
igzy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gs3500
So after cutting the blue wire, which end of the exposed blue wire do I connect it to the orange? ECU side or the wireloom?

Thanks
The wire harness side, wireloom as you call it
Old 02-18-19, 06:36 PM
kkevyn
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

FYI: as someone in the thread brought up how IS is different, but found this thread, I have posted the question here for IS: ...IS250 specifically.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...l#post10444113

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...l#post10444113
Old 03-18-19, 08:01 AM
linkous3
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried this and it didn’t work any suggestions?
Old 03-19-19, 05:04 AM
igzy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by linkous3
I tried this and it didn’t work any suggestions?
What model and year is your car?
Old 03-19-19, 10:29 AM
linkous3
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by igzy
What model and year is your car?
2007 es350

Quick Reply: TPMS Light On - How to Disable