TPMS Light On - How to Disable

Subscribe
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-ge...r-battery.html
​​​​​​​According to the 4runner forum, the battery is not replaceable!
tpms light successful
[QUOTE=igzy;8087748]Due to popular demand.............

Use at your own risk!

Disclaimer:
This is a how to disable the light on the dash. The code will still be present in the ECU but you will not get a warning. So if your tire(s) are low in pressure, have a leak, sensor or ECU malfunctions you will not get a warning on the dash - this is again your choice to make the warning disappear.

In USA, this is a must-have for all cars in order to be sold, in Canada the law is not in place yet...

It took me about 15 minutes to do and it was based on my research on Yaris (found on toyotanation forum). I adapted it for ES350 and performed it on my 2007 model (US vehicle that I bought in Canada).

How to:
1) Turn the car off completely. Remove the kick panel on passenger side. This is under the glove box and knee air bag. It removes by simply pulling on the cover and disengaging the clips. I worked from left to right and clip by clip. Do it slowly so that the clips don't break. You may need to remove the small light from the panel once removed if the harness on it is too short to work around.

2) Locate the TPMS ECU under the dash. It is an orange box with one wire harness going to it and it says something like tire pressure ECU on it. Disconnect the connector, the lock is on the top side.

3) On the top side of the harness, i.e. same side where the locking clip is, locate the blue wire. It is the second one from right in the photo above, and cut it further away from the connector (in case you want to reconnect it). Strip some insulation off from the end that is on harness (not the connector)

4) Next, remove some insulation from the orange wire (don't cut it). It is the left most wire in the connector per photo. Attach the blue to the exposed wire and insulate. I used a short piece of wire to make the connection. So blue connects to orange

4a) You can be creative here and install a 3-way switch, instead of a jump-wire, that you can toggle when using winter tires, etc. so to keep the light off and when you put the wheels with sensors back on to enable the light. The switch would toggle between the blue and orange and open/close circuit that way. I had no time to do it this time, but may be will come back to it before winter...

5) Connect the harness back into the ECU. Make sure the connector is locked in. Reinstall the kick panel (clips just snap in). Start your car and observe no light

[/QUOTE
This is very help. My problem sought of because of this
http://carmaintenancecatalog.com/tpm...t-indications/
Reply 1
You should also add that in some states in the US that require yearly vehicle inspections this would not pass when they read the OBDII codes.
I just got new tires and the damn light came on, I tried to reset it multiple times with the TPMS button under the drivers knee area, no luck, I also made sure the secondary tpms was not on under the passenger knee area, I was giving up, I pumped the tires up to 34 PSI no luck, so I drove the car today on
the highway, and the damn thing went off, I was so happy. You have to drive the car for a little while before it goes off, seems like a Lexus thing, but I'm just glad it went off 👌🏼👌🏼
2007 Lexus is350 tpms disable
How i can disable the tpms light on the dash?
Just did this fix on my 08. Worked great. Thank you!!
Reply 1
Quote: This may seem like a dumb question but why are people looking to disable a safety feature like this? Wouldn't it be better to just get the tires checked and corrected when the warning is displayed?
lol , "seems". must be filthy rich. why even ask?
warning light as well?
[QUOTE=noman105;9840257]
Quote: Due to popular demand.............

Use at your own risk!

Disclaimer:
This is a how to disable the light on the dash. The code will still be present in the ECU but you will not get a warning. So if your tire(s) are low in pressure, have a leak, sensor or ECU malfunctions you will not get a warning on the dash - this is again your choice to make the warning disappear.

In USA, this is a must-have for all cars in order to be sold, in Canada the law is not in place yet...

It took me about 15 minutes to do and it was based on my research on Yaris (found on toyotanation forum). I adapted it for ES350 and performed it on my 2007 model (US vehicle that I bought in Canada).

How to:
1) Turn the car off completely. Remove the kick panel on passenger side. This is under the glove box and knee air bag. It removes by simply pulling on the cover and disengaging the clips. I worked from left to right and clip by clip. Do it slowly so that the clips don't break. You may need to remove the small light from the panel once removed if the harness on it is too short to work around.

2) Locate the TPMS ECU under the dash. It is an orange box with one wire harness going to it and it says something like tire pressure ECU on it. Disconnect the connector, the lock is on the top side.

3) On the top side of the harness, i.e. same side where the locking clip is, locate the blue wire. It is the second one from right in the photo above, and cut it further away from the connector (in case you want to reconnect it). Strip some insulation off from the end that is on harness (not the connector)

4) Next, remove some insulation from the orange wire (don't cut it). It is the left most wire in the connector per photo. Attach the blue to the exposed wire and insulate. I used a short piece of wire to make the connection. So blue connects to orange

4a) You can be creative here and install a 3-way switch, instead of a jump-wire, that you can toggle when using winter tires, etc. so to keep the light off and when you put the wheels with sensors back on to enable the light. The switch would toggle between the blue and orange and open/close circuit that way. I had no time to do it this time, but may be will come back to it before winter...

5) Connect the harness back into the ECU. Make sure the connector is locked in. Reinstall the kick panel (clips just snap in). Start your car and observe no light

[/QUOTE
This is very help. My problem sought of because of this
http://carmaintenancecatalog.com/tpm...t-indications/
in addition to the TPMS light, my little screen says "warning blah blah"; will this fix get rid of the red triangle, the Warning message (cant see anything else when thats on so annoying) or just the yellow/orange TPMS only?
[QUOTE=bryceis250;10292420]
Quote:
in addition to the TPMS light, my little screen says "warning blah blah"; will this fix get rid of the red triangle, the Warning message (cant see anything else when thats on so annoying) or just the yellow/orange TPMS only?
Are any other dash lights illuminated in addition to the TPMS and triangle?
Reply 1
[QUOTE=igzy;10292831]
Quote:
red caution triangle, the actual tpms indicator, and the mini screen for mph,temp,etc, that constantly says "check system", so this tire pressure horse **** gives me 3 total lights on the dash. if it were just the little yellow light i wouldn't even care, but the whole dash is lit up like a nuclear bomb is gonna go off, the red triangle is huge its all you see lol.
An interesting question would be if you sold the car and the new owner didn't know about the mod and gets into an accident would the person who did the mod be liable. Hmmmmm what would a lawyer say. Oh can you be fined/arrested for breaking a federal law or does that just apply to dealers.
Reply 1
[QUOTE=igzy;10292831]
Quote:

sorry couldn't flip it
the triangle of death tpms, and "check system". so im wondering if this fix you provided will only remove the tpms light, or theother two which also is because of the tpms. thanks gain for your time, much appreciated !
Quote: An interesting question would be if you sold the car and the new owner didn't know about the mod and gets into an accident would the person who did the mod be liable. Hmmmmm what would a lawyer say. Oh can you be fined/arrested for breaking a federal law or does that just apply to dealers.
wow your right! i never thought about it that way ! thank god for you and thank you for your response !
Quote: wow your right! i never thought about it that way ! thank god for you and thank you for your response !
Being that you are in NY your car won't pass inspection even with the mod as the fault will show up on your OBDII when they plug in the NYS computer link. Enjoy the ride.
[QUOTE=bryceis250;10293131]
Quote:
sorry couldn't flip it
the triangle of death tpms, and "check system". so im wondering if this fix you provided will only remove the tpms light, or theother two which also is because of the tpms. thanks gain for your time, much appreciated !
Hey, sorry, when my TPMS light was on, the triangle was not
It could have other problems in addition to the TPMS. Your best bet is to scan the whole system for probs...
Reply 1