ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

AM3 Body kit on my New to me ES350

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-13, 09:55 PM
justmylex
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AM3 Body kit on my New to me ES350

First let me start by saying hello for the first time. I have been on this forum for several years without any involvement. I was always taken a back because it seems like all of the real mods were the 2000 or older ES. So I finally decided to take the es for what is it, a great car. since i couldnt do anything for my previous 2003 ES300, I thought it would be different on my New ES350. Sadly it seems the same remains with this new model. I noticed an actual body kit on Alibaba and EBAY in my area in upstate new york. I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on this kit. I will try to be much more active. Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails AM3 Body kit on my New to me ES350-am3-body-kit.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
ChristineR (11-17-21)
Old 07-06-13, 10:24 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

personally, I don't like it. it looks out of place, and too big for the car. thats just my initial impression tho. are there other photos?
Old 07-07-13, 05:27 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Congrats on your first post here. I agree that it seems too big for the car, kind of overwhelms the front end. Other pics would be nice.
Old 07-07-13, 06:58 AM
EsNeil
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like it more if it didn't just look like it was molded on top of the stock bumper. The transition isn't smooth.
Old 07-07-13, 07:53 AM
SICK350
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You guys are jealous, this is a very nice es! When it comes to your car do what you like and what makes you happy! Me personally I love this front end.

Last edited by SICK350; 07-07-13 at 07:56 AM.
Old 07-07-13, 08:50 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Other pics would be nice.
Here:

Lou
Attached Thumbnails AM3 Body kit on my New to me ES350-1290wi.jpg   AM3 Body kit on my New to me ES350-3280wi.jpg  
Old 07-07-13, 10:38 AM
justmylex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Here:

Lou
Hey Lou thanks for the help.

As for others thanks for the welcome. Sick I checked out your es and following your threads also. The body to me does make it a bit more sportier and aggressive without looking to fast and furious. I'm considering purchasing looking at the cost and I can always revert back. Our car has so little option I think this would make it stand out without looking too crazy.
Old 07-07-13, 12:44 PM
xanderES
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is about time another body kit came into the market. The kit that is now the Wings West one has been the only kit out for the longest time. If you think this one is bad i doubt you've seen that one. Now that one is ugly.

I like the look of this kit. It's not too aggressive and not too plain looking. The only problem that I see with it is where the oem exhaust exits the rear. Very odd looking to be so much to the side.
Old 07-07-13, 05:19 PM
justmylex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by xanderES
It is about time another body kit came into the market. The kit that is now the Wings West one has been the only kit out for the longest time. If you think this one is bad i doubt you've seen that one. Now that one is ugly.

I like the look of this kit. It's not too aggressive and not too plain looking. The only problem that I see with it is where the oem exhaust exits the rear. Very odd looking to be so much to the side.
I didnt notice that before, that might pose a opportunity to get a custom exhaust or a quad. I saw the wing west and was dissappointed that they called it a body kit. this actually changes the look of the car. I will be calling the seller tomorrow regarding fitment and details will update tomorrow. I think im going to go forward with it though. ill keep you all updated. Thanks again for all the feedback.
Old 07-08-13, 04:54 AM
SICK350
Lead Lap

Now that I see the whole kit I like it even more!
Old 07-08-13, 06:10 AM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

definite no. Just another copy kit trying to make old models look like newer ones. IMO, the ES would be much better off with just a lip kit rather than a full replacement kit, but I'm unaware of anyone that makes one.
Old 07-08-13, 10:27 AM
Whichone
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That kit looks damn good. If Lexus made an es350F that's what it would look like. Would I buy one? probably not because I would rather spend that money on performance. I do however think that guy on eBay is a scammer. I spoke to him, he's an ******* selling something he doesn't have.
Old 07-08-13, 11:20 AM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Whichone
That kit looks damn good. If Lexus made an es350F that's what it would look like. Would I buy one? probably not because I would rather spend that money on performance. I do however think that guy on eBay is a scammer. I spoke to him, he's an ******* selling something he doesn't have.
Most people selling these items on ebay don't pull inventory for high dollar items. They start a relationship with people on aliexpress/alibaba and set up an account with a supplier in, say, China.

Then, they gather some orders, and once they have money in hand, they pay their cost for the kit and have it shipped in, or directly shipped to their buyer. They make some coin, and all the risk is shifted to the buyer.

I had a relationship with a chinese supplier for a while bringing in custom colored iPhone glass and installing it. I would get orders together ahead of time and commitments before I brought any in. After a few jobs and having some disposable cash, I bought a few of the more popular colors to keep on hand for samples or to reduce wait times.

I may get back into it, it was pretty good money and pretty easy.
Old 07-08-13, 06:42 PM
justmylex
Driver School Candidate

Wow, that's pretty surprising news. this is why I like a sense of community, we can warn each other before committing mistakes. I don't mind waiting for the kit, I'm not a big mod guy, but I feel the es needs a little umfh. with the price of our cars going up, and other makers making such compelling cars, I think the es can get a lil pick me up. well either way I didn't get to call the seller today because a lil old lady driving an ML320 hit my baby. Its not too bad really but sucks now I have to go to insurance, so this kit more than likely coming soon.
Old 07-08-13, 06:47 PM
justmylex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Whichone
thanks for the heads up. I haven't reached out to him yet but will see what he says. good news he can b.s me too much considering he's listed in my area. I agree, with you on the performance thing, but our car has quite a bit of pick up for me. especially in sport mode, 3rd gear lets me overtake and compete with who ever I need to on the road, so the only thing left is to make the exterior to catch up.

Quick Reply: AM3 Body kit on my New to me ES350