ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Marks on dashboard

Old 04-25-13, 09:20 AM
rhkII
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marks on dashboard

I have a 2012 Touring Edition, 4,000 miles. Every time the soft touch portion of the dash is barely grazed by her bag, my briefcase or similar, a mark that looks like a pencil eraser mark shows up. I have used the softest of microfiber cloths and a number of products to remove or cover up the marks, but they have not worked. A close examination with a magnifier shows that there is no actual scratch but it looks like some of the coating on the dash has been dulled. In short, it's driving me nuts. Any advice would be appreciated. A search of this board has not shown anyone with the exact same problem.
Old 04-25-13, 09:59 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by rhkII
I have a 2012 Touring Edition, 4,000 miles. Every time the soft touch portion of the dash is barely grazed by her bag, my briefcase or similar, a mark that looks like a pencil eraser mark shows up. I have used the softest of microfiber cloths and a number of products to remove or cover up the marks, but they have not worked. A close examination with a magnifier shows that there is no actual scratch but it looks like some of the coating on the dash has been dulled. In short, it's driving me nuts. Any advice would be appreciated. A search of this board has not shown anyone with the exact same problem.
You might want to post this in the "Automotive Care & Detailing" forum. I'm sure you'll get a lot of input over there. Good luck.
Old 05-04-13, 05:53 PM
lexusfan05
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talk to the service advisor at the dealership during your 5000 miles free service if not already done. I had a similar issue with a minor scratch from a sun shade placing under the windshield. The advisor has a spray that he applied using microfiber cloth and the mark was gone. Pretty good stuff.

Originally Posted by rhkII
Old 05-08-13, 09:48 AM
rhkII
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem Solved

Kiwi brand black sole edge dressing for shoes. Matte finish, completely covers marks. Got this tip from detailing shop used by dealer.