See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lexus IS Brake Guides
Print Wikipost

Brake/rotor change ES350 2007

Old 01-26-16, 01:36 PM
KMiles
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm part of the Infiniti forum for our other car. I'm on my second set of brakes from Brakemotive on my M35x and they are great brakes. I was just looking them up on the Brakemotive eBay store and the sell a complete front and rear set for $163 including shipping. On the Infiniti forum almost every member that has installed them recommends them. Has anyone on the ES350 forum installed a set from them?

I had never installed a set of brakes in my life, until the Infiniti dealer wanted $400 to install new pads on the rear brakes only. It took me about 6 hours to do the first brake job and I used the How-to guides on the forum and Youtube and figured it out. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be and I had to only buy 1 tool that was needed that I didn't already have.
Old 01-27-16, 02:42 AM
chuyrobles
Instructor

Received 217 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by jkutti2000
THANKS FOR THE TIP.. I USED THEIR SITE AND ORDERED

http://maxbrakes.com/c-1002950-brake...ries-kits.html

THEY SELL ON AMAZON ALSO. BUT THIS WAS CHEAPER AND NO TAX...
I BOT THE KIT U RECOMMCNEDED. SO ONCE IT COMES , WILL GET IT INSTALLED . SO THIS IS A HUGE SAVING..

LEXUS DEALER SAID 330 FOR FRONT. W/O ROTORS.. OEM STUFF. WITH ROTORS. WOULD BE LIKE 500..
I wasn't recommending them, I did say I was taking a gamble with them. However, after a month of driving them, they are holding up well, except for the pads. The wife seems to have found their sweet spot for screeching, towards the last second of stopping. I brake a bit more firmly and they don't screech for me. But, since she drives the car the most, I'm going to change out the pads for a good quality after market set (ordered Wagners from Amazon). So, I still think the rotors are a good price, but I would forgo their pads and get a good after market set.
Old 01-27-16, 01:45 PM
jkutti2000
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chuyrobles
I wasn't recommending them, I did say I was taking a gamble with them. However, after a month of driving them, they are holding up well, except for the pads. The wife seems to have found their sweet spot for screeching, towards the last second of stopping. I brake a bit more firmly and they don't screech for me. But, since she drives the car the most, I'm going to change out the pads for a good quality after market set (ordered Wagners from Amazon). So, I still think the rotors are a good price, but I would forgo their pads and get a good after market set.
oh.. ok.. the PADS it seems are like free with the ROTORs.. so let me use them up and see how wel lthey hold.. my driving took me 7 years.. 665K to use up the OEM .. so I think i can extract 2-3 years from them
Old 01-30-16, 05:47 AM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by chuyrobles
The squeal is most likely cause by the brake pad vibrating in the caliper. Either the rear of the brake pad does not have a shim or insulator or you did not apply brake anti-squeal grease on the rear of the pads when you installed them.
Old 02-01-16, 01:58 AM
chuyrobles
Instructor

Front pads. The rears are OEM and have about 70% life left. I did not grease the front caliper pistons as I forgot. I will do that before replacing the pads.
Old 02-10-16, 08:26 AM
jkutti2000
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jagtoes
The squeal is most likely cause by the brake pad vibrating in the caliper. Either the rear of the brake pad does not have a shim or insulator or you did not apply brake anti-squeal grease on the rear of the pads when you installed them.
DAMN. I am getting the same effect. after a week...
i wish I had discarded the pads which came with the rotors and put better ones.
i paid only 60 bucks LABOR to install pads plus rotor. but now to switch pads. its the same. ha ha.

apart from screeching. ? do u think I should worry... its braking perfectly..
Old 02-10-16, 06:46 PM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

DAMN. I am getting the same effect. after a week...
i wish I had discarded the pads which came with the rotors and put better ones.
i paid only 60 bucks LABOR to install pads plus rotor. but now to switch pads. its the same. ha ha.

apart from screeching. ? do u think I should worry... its braking perfectly..
If the brakes appear to work OK then you should have a problem. The squeal was caused by the installer. As I mentioned either the pads didn't have insulators or the grease was omitted.
Old 02-11-16, 02:15 AM
chuyrobles
Instructor

Got rid of the MaxBrake pads this past weekend. Close inspection of the surface revealed imperfections, specifically, tiny but visible air gaps. I don't think greasing the pistons would have helped. Since I had already purchased Wagner pads, I went ahead and installed those. No more squealing = happy wife. I also got rid of the low-material metal tabs. They make the pads a bit difficult to install; so, I just got rid of them. I inspect the pads every oil change anyways. Rotors are hold up well, but they have less than 500 miles.
Old 07-22-17, 08:54 AM
jkutti2000
Pole Position

damn. I am getting the same effect. After a week...
I wish i had discarded the pads which came with the rotors and put better ones.
I paid only 60 bucks labor to install pads plus rotor. But now to switch pads. Its the same. Ha ha.

Apart from screeching. ? Do u think i should worry... Its braking perfectly..
after 6 months... The squealing stopped.... So i am good ... Now have to change the rear pads