ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

My Lexus ES Transformation.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-11, 03:45 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Not my taste, but you seem to putting time effort money into it and doing it the proper way, not some hackjob with craigslist rims and zipties. Main thing is your happy.Not everyone here is into VIP fashion, and on the same note, not everyone likes what your going for, to me stock is always the best option ha
Old 04-07-11, 05:44 PM
GoingHaam
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kamlung
nice job so far...

im not feelin the wheels tho and you need to drop that 4X4 fast... if the wheels don't fit with a drop, get those fenders rolled...
I plan on doing the drop soon, i had to actually the rims on to see how much clearance i had to play with

Originally Posted by gekae24
If you wanted a wider stance then should have gotten a staggered setup. All you had to do was grind the bottom mount of the strut to make them fit with out raising. I have a es 350 with 22x8 frnt and 22x8.5 3piece wheels and lowered to sit flush. With 235/30/22 nittos. But to each his own. Was just trying to help.
technically that is a staggered set up but if i were to spend the big difference in the cost on 3pieces, i would definitely want more of a .5 inch difference.. more of like an 8.5 tand 10.5 (not too practical on this car), also the tire size it what makes the big difference in the back view if there is not a big difference in rim width

Originally Posted by Blueshark
Nice work on your new Lexus, love the front mesh grill, i have the SMS billet grill laying at home waiting for the install. The wheels are too much for my liking, but still tasteful, specially on a white car.
I thought about that grille i love the trim around the emblem area, but didnt like how you can still see the oem grill begind it and it was a noticeable difference from the E&G
How much farther are you going to modify the car ?
im mostly into for looks and maybe detail things now if anything

Originally Posted by wmoor004
Nice car! At the end of the day - if you love it *That's what count*
THANKS
Originally Posted by gray_es300
Not my taste, but you seem to putting time effort money into it and doing it the proper way, not some hackjob with craigslist rims and zipties. Main thing is your happy.Not everyone here is into VIP fashion, and on the same note, not everyone likes what your going for, to me stock is always the best option ha
i knew it wasnt the taste of a typical ES driver, thats why i put the disclaimer in the very 1st post, but then again i not the usual ES driver. i have a flashy somewhat gaudy style with a taste of extravagance. so i think at this point the car kind of reflects that, i could have just as easily got a charger, G8, something like that but it wouldnt fit the look i was going for as much!
Old 04-07-11, 07:33 PM
aj808
Driver School Candidate

I just bought my 2008 ES 350 2 weeks ago. I'm somewhat older than you are but tastes are similar. I think it looks great! And vmoor004 is right. If you love it, that's all that counts!
Old 04-07-11, 10:43 PM
gekae24
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey props to you sir! Not many hooked up es350's out there.
Old 04-07-11, 11:10 PM
Ochasey
Driver School Candidate

Once again enjoy your Lex.. I Like the fact your making your care fit you, which is not a crime.. Your are having fun, and your not in the streets doing anything stupid.... Keep us posted..
P.s.. Keep in mind you may bring unwanted attention to yourself..
Old 04-07-11, 11:27 PM
SickES350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...-pictures.html

good pictures, nice car.... but ...

IMO...
squat that car hard and low my friend. it is JDM after all.
Old 04-08-11, 05:31 AM
GoingHaam
Driver

Originally Posted by SickES350
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...-pictures.html

good pictures, nice car.... but ...

IMO...
squat that car hard and low my friend. it is JDM after all.
where did u find the coil overs, thats actually what i wanted, but didnt know where to find them for the car and how much. because the strut plate was the issue vs the actual high of the car?

stock height with minimal wheel gap is my goal
Old 04-08-11, 10:11 AM
gekae24
Intermediate

Go with megan racing coilovers for the camry. Cost less than std. And less noise.
Old 04-08-11, 11:44 AM
rx300mm
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

That is one "Unque ES350" , amazing work .. I like the grill, looks awesome in white.
Thanks for posting the pictures.
Old 04-08-11, 07:58 PM
GoingHaam
Driver

Gotta a little more

Old 04-10-11, 09:48 AM
GoingHaam
Driver

Originally Posted by gekae24
Go with megan racing coilovers for the camry. Cost less than std. And less noise.
never really looked those up before, the are not cheap! lol
Old 04-10-11, 07:48 PM
gekae24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GoingHaam
never really looked those up before, the are not cheap! lol
I got mine from a vendor on here. For 700.00
Old 04-11-11, 01:38 PM
tardorange
Driver

Nice tinted taillights man! I have a question. Please help me LOL. I got the same type of tint last year and applied it but I never got the adhesive part.

Like how do you peel apart the adhesive? I ended up applying it with tape and it looked cheap and fell off. So how do you get the sticky part? The film felt the same on both sides.
Old 04-11-11, 06:40 PM
GoingHaam
Driver

Originally Posted by tardorange
Nice tinted taillights man! I have a question. Please help me LOL. I got the same type of tint last year and applied it but I never got the adhesive part.

Like how do you peel apart the adhesive? I ended up applying it with tape and it looked cheap and fell off. So how do you get the sticky part? The film felt the same on both sides.

being that you are constantly cutting the tint, there is no definite edge to separate the tint from the the adhesive protecting cover, so it takes a second to get it separated.

first cut the tint bigger than u need it to be, then take a razor blade to one of the edges and pry the two sheets apart, make sure the tint and the surface you are tinting is very wet with solution (i used Windex). then use place the tint to the surface, squeegee the surface then mold the tint with the heat gun and continue repeating that until the desired results, then last cut off the excess tint
Old 04-11-11, 07:05 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

22's on an ES....wow! Just wow!

Quick Reply: My Lexus ES Transformation.